Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

Will visitors to the show looking for 'Peforia Narrows' please note that the photo on the website is now over 10 years old.

I have aged considerably over the passage of time and my hair is not all it used to be.

And, in many ways, neither is the rest of me....................................

But, good news - the layout is fine! :imsohappy:

I'll be running Wiley City in the earlier period with these Interurban cars...

Looks great, Andy - I wish I could see the layout in person. What LaBelle kit did you use to build YVT 100?

Cheers,

Mark.

Looks great, Andy - I wish I could see the layout in person. What LaBelle kit did you use to build YVT 100?

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark- it is a bashed about HO-78. I'm not entirely 100% happy with it, and might build another with proper arch windows, and paint this one white before consigning it to the boneyard.

Just four use-able weekends to go.... :O if my list of "major" jobs has diminished, why is my list of "little bits to finish" growing..???

Of course there's still plenty of time for certain people on here to build a whole new layout from scratch, with time to spare... :scratchhead: ...even if that "time to spare" is measured in minutes.... ;)

• RMweb Gold

No spare weekends for me now but the only tasks for me to do is finish the second UP water tender to go behind the Challenger, fit horns to a Tunnel motor and fix a VW camper with surf board onto the layout.

An evening or twos work.

Ian

La Ciénaga progress report - please note that layout IS a work in progress

Buildings complete apart from details, but will remain unpainted for the time being, one(the largest) has been a pig and has been dismantled, and re-built, 3 times!

Ballasting will almost certainly not be done before the show

Vegetation may progress, but is unlikely to be completed

Fascia for main board done and name attatched - need to get into Inversneckie sometime this week for a matchpot to paint the lettering

:O Just had a quick panic - I have been giving my locos for the Show a bit of a run on the rolling road, when all of a sudden one of them stops dead. :( no response, nothing. Took the body off - no loose wires, can't see any shorts, motor isn't hot... I'm baffled :scratchhead:

Took me a few minutes to realise I had connected the rolling road to the controller with a couple of crocodile clips & spare wire. One had worked loose!!! D'oh!!!

Feeling a bit thick right now, but mightily relieved that I still have my chosen motive power available!!

*phew* ;)

Could have been worse, J. You might have started a new thread on the “problem”!

Best, Pete.

:O my threads aren't that bad are they??!! :scratchhead: :D

Jack - love the layout & I can see the inspiration now - an N scale layout in MTI fairly recently IIRC ? ;)

Archived