Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

i think these sort of "fastest to home base" competitions should be for layouts that run from overhead wire, or 3rd rail. It's just waaaaay too easy when you just have "throw and go" diesels. :senile:

Andy

Andy

There's no chance of me or Jack winning,we live in the back of beyond,Mrs Gilbert wins every year!!!! i'm going to tie his laces together this year!

Ray

Andy

There's no chance of me or Jack winning,we live in the back of beyond,Mrs Gilbert wins every year!!!! i'm going to tie his laces together this year!

Ray

If I don't win there's something wrong as I only live 300yds up the road!! (OK - so I don't have a layout but people will be borrowing my trestles amongst other things...)

Daniel

Watch out for this fellow,he always looking for people to buy him beer,give him a wide berth!

attachicon.gifrivetcounter.jpg

He goes under the name of Tom,he got short arms and deeeeeeep pockets!!

Ray

Well, I've heard him called lots of things over the years.

But never 'Tom'!

How rude.................. :mosking:

It's a standing joke between me,Roger and Robin,he called me Tom for years,didn't have the heart to tell him my name was Ray,until i was helping him and Robin at a NMRA convention and i pop the question,we now answer to any name given.

Yours

Bert or Fred or...

Arrrrgh!

I know it's been ages and I don't want to completely hijack the thread again, however I have a lighting conundrum!

I have these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighting-EVER-Flexible-Strips-16-4ft/dp/B004JRNNH2/ref=sr_1_39?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1397631883&sr=1-39&keywords=lighting+ever+led

And am waiting for delivery of this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEDER%C2%AE-POWER-ADAPTER-POWERING-LIGHTS/dp/B0044EJ3PQ/ref=pd_bxgy_light_img_y

Do I need anything else to go with it, or will this simply be "plug and play?" As I'm running out of time I need to ensure that I get the required items ordered this weekend so I can get the wiring completed by next weekend.

Cheers guys. :D

Dear Daniel,

Assuming you just want it ON and BRIGHT, that should be fine.

If you want dimming capability
(IE just to give you some scope between OFF and ON so you can adjust to the ambient lighting conditions in the hall without burning-out the punter's eyeballs,
not for "funky automated day/night/day" time-shift shenanigans),

Then you may want to try

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12-v-dimmer-for-rgb-led-tape-light-recommended-for-use-with-nj961-tape-r62pe

(designed to drive R/G/B tri-color LED strips, just use the R channel connected to your single-color LED strip to provide basic "dimming" fucntion)

or

http://www.lightrabbit.co.uk/1-gang-1-way-smooth-control-12v-led-dimmer-switch-white.html

Happy Modelling,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

think it should just be "plug and play",i'm hoping so, i've just bought a roll myself for the new layout,it will be interesting to see how they look at Tvnam.

By the way this time next week you should be setting up,no panic then!!!!!!!!,less than a week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray

Is there a Floor Plan available yet? So we have a general idea of where our layouts will be/ which door is closest

Believe it or not, the plan is still not finalised. I am still having people change their minds at this late stage.

...I think that is probably it till I get back from the show

Yep, same here - I have a couple of minor jobs to do, other plans will now have to wait.

Believe it or not, the plan is still not finalised. I am still having people change their minds at this late stage.

I'm quite surprised at that! We make a bit of a joke about "last minute", but I didn't realise it was for real.... :O

And it's not who you might think it is!!!

yes, I should have worded my comment better about "last minute" :blush: - Chris told me he'd been asked to build something smaller than 'Extended Haston' if possible; I know it's not him!!!!

It's no one person - a combination of things that all seemed to happen at the same time.

With any luck, by Thursday it will be too late for anybody to change anyhting do I'll try and e-mail a plan then.

Layout just about finished - just a couple of little jobs to do - only working Tuesday this week, so plenty of time.................

post-7044-0-52995300-1402239902_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-49124800-1402240008_thumb.jpg

Of course the rain decided to come just as I was testing the electrics.

Jez

Okay - I know I said that was it - but while sorting out rolling stock for TVNAM I came across some of these in a box -

eBay item number:

- red ones, bought at least a year ago -  for use as  crossing Fusees - (much cheaper than the fusee animator from USA that Lance recommended in his article on them) - so they have now been fitted, and seem to work well

If you want to see them in action -  see you Saturday

Archived