Railroad Crosti 9F

Unknown Warrior

• RMweb Gold

I think it's more likely that Hornby are servicing their direct orders first before shipping out to the retailers - another way to persuade the buying public to come to them direct ;)

Well,you've said it.So the reports about QC issues ? One hesitates to use the term "red herring" .I would rather prefer to believe that they are for once taking the issues of such seriously....because in the past,they have not.I hope that they are not spinning a line to the retail trade and that the red boxes appear on the shelves very soon.

Edited by Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

I didn't say it wasn't possible, just unlikely. Why? cost, simple as that. Taking maybe a thousand+ plus locos out of the standard distribution system, which wasn't designed for it, testing them and them putting them back in is not the same as a retailer when he takes one locomotive off the shelf to pack it for an individual customer. Is it possible each locomotive is being tested? Yes, but you've jumped to that conclusion based on one person posting third hand about what one retailer told them, and the fact deliveries to retailers appear to have been delayed. One retailer has already mentioned that even standard items appear to be being held up at the moment. My main point is that you seem to have leapt to the conclusion all locomotives are being individually tested on next to nothing.

Not so. The salient point is that if you know you've got a problem and let us assume for one moment that one does exist ,then you make very sure that you do not send out a potential Turkey.Incidentally,there are several complaints from retailers on this topic on the non appearance of supplies.This is not third hand news.

Not so. The salient point is that if you know you've got a problem and let us assume for one moment that one does exist ,then you make very sure that you do not send out a potential Turkey.Incidentally,there are several complaints from retailers on this topic on the non appearance of supplies.This is not third hand news.

Ok Ian this is my last post on this; 

1) We don't know if there is a problem, again you're speculating.

2) Only one person has stated the these locomotives have been delayed by extra QC checks, that's it, and they were passing on what they had been told by a retailer. That poster gave no indication of the scope or detail of these checks, yet you jump to the conclusion it must be a check of every locomotive including a test run, that is the salient point. Yes, retailers have stated they are yet to receive any,  but the general response from the retailers that have posted is they don't know what's happening, why, or know when they'll arrive with them. 

To everybody else, sorry for wasting your time with this.

As one that used to work in QC, I will add that QC procedures often mean a % (say 5%) of a batch are checked; if no fault is found then the batch is accepted. If faults are found, another similar % may be checked; further faults will mean the whole batch rejected back to supplier. We obviously don't know the numbers involved here, but if they are doing QC checks, don't assume EVERY model is checked. Also we don't know what they would be checking for.

Stewart

Ok Ian this is my last post on this; 

1) We don't know if there is a problem, again you're speculating.

2) Only one person has stated the these locomotives have been delayed by extra QC checks, that's it, and they were passing on what they had been told by a retailer. That poster gave no indication of the scope or detail of these checks, yet you jump to the conclusion it must be a check of every locomotive including a test run, that is the salient point. Yes, retailers have stated they are yet to receive any,  but the general response from the retailers that have posted is they don't know what's happening, why, or know when they'll arrive with them. 

To everybody else, sorry for wasting your time with this.

If you don't believe what I have put on this blog please feel free to look at the traders website. I never said there was a problem with any of this stock and by the way I'm not in a habit of making things up thank you very much....

Hattons just emailed to say they are expecting their delivery on the 26th August. Not much longer to wait!

The wording I read on the email from Hattons today said " delivery expected on or after Wednesday 26th August..........its the wording "or after" that makes me smile......???

If you don't believe what I have put on this blog please feel free to look at the traders website. I never said there was a problem with any of this stock and by the way I'm not in a habit of making things up thank you very much....

I'm sorry you feel that way, but where did I say you did? 

2) Only one person has stated the these locomotives have been delayed by extra QC checks, that's it, and they were passing on what they had been told by a retailer. That poster gave no indication of the scope or detail of these checks..

Where exactly am I questioning what you posted? All I said was you didn't give details of the exact scope of the checks, I have no reason to doubt you, don't and didn't in the first place.

Once again, sorry everyone, but I felt this did need a response.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but where did I say you did? 

Your post implies that because only one person has posted on the current delivery situation and QC checks by a trusted source are to be taken with a pinch of salt and can be discounted. If you care to go onto the website concerned, you will see this information clearly displayed on today's update.

At the end of the day I was only trying to be helpful and not to get involved in a pointless argument over trivia which seems the primary objective of some who use this website.

Where exactly am I questioning what you posted? All I said was you didn't give details of the exact scope of the checks, I have no reason to doubt you, don't and didn't in the first place.

Once again, sorry everyone, but I felt this did need a response.

I'm sorry you read that implication into my statement, but that isn't what I actually said.

On a side note, if you got your information from the web, it's always a good idea to provide a link. In this case I've tracked down the site in question and it doesn't provide details of the scope of the checks being carried out at Hornby. To quote from the site "Hornby R3273 and  R3274 Crosti Boilered 9F 2-10-0 heavy freight locos have yet again been delayed for a few more days due to quality control checks at Hornby. I have been informed they left packing yesterday so hopefully should  be with us today!!". http://www.thelocoshedmcr.co.uk

• RMweb Gold

We have all made our points of view crystal clear.Before this topic develops into a "who said what" spat,it would be a sound idea if unnecessary growing hostilities were terminated and we all moved on without further argument.Can we agree on that at least ?

• Like 1