Mallard Partwork

Part 1 arrived in this mornings post.. no sign of the fee gift though, perhaps it comes from a different source, I have sent an email to ask the question... :)

Pete

I think they said it would arrive in second delivery or somtehing in one of the letters they sent

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In the confirmation letter it states:-

1st Delivery issue 1 only

2nd delivery issue 2 and 3 + A3 print + Magnifying glass

3rd Delivery 4 issues + Binder and dividers and free coasters if you pay by credit/debit card or direct debit

4th delivery 4 issues

5th delivery 4 issues + tool kit.

This will change slightly if you subscribe from issue 2, but thats pretty much it.

Cheers

Ian

thanks guys....has anyone found issue 2 in the shops yet or is it too early....WHS staff say issue 2 is usually a couple of weeks after 1 and then the issues go weekly as advertised...having not done this before it's all new to me....:)

Pete

There is a facebook group for the partworks of whom a few of us are working on building different variations of the A4s using the partworks (who knows we may come up with the entire A4 class between us multiple times!)

Anyone else that wants to join us for swapping hints, tips and advice is more than welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221538741371836/

• RMweb Premium

I was simply pointing out that at least one major outlet seems to have stopped keeping the thread title, using the shelf space instead for a publication that will have much less appeal to the proverbial 'man (aka person) in the street'.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I was simply pointing out that at least one major outlet seems to have stopped keeping the thread title, using the shelf space instead for a publication that will have much less appeal to the proverbial 'man (aka person) in the street'.

For clarity, my post you quoted there was from February when this partwork was a test.

It isn't now. It's the full run.

It will vanish from the shelves after about four issues though. After that you'll need to order it in.

Asda on Isle of Dogs has issue 2. The weight suggests metal rather than plastic parts

The ones I have just purchased in Droitwich are definitely plastic, I shall probably just buy issue No 3 then build up on a spare un-built Scotsman base that I have

post-18627-0-65400600-1410348256_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-40217400-1410348259_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-50321400-1410348252_thumb.jpg

Either that or wait for a couple of years for all the un-built ones to come out of the cupboard on E-bay for about £300.00

There is a facebook group for the partworks of whom a few of us are working on building different variations of the A4s using the partworks (who knows we may come up with the entire A4 class between us multiple times!)

Anyone else that wants to join us for swapping hints, tips and advice is more than welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221538741371836/

What's the name of the group. When I link from here it asks me to log in - but I'm already logged in so that makes me suspicious. If you give me the name I can find it. Cheers

What's the name of the group. When I link from here it asks me to log in - but I'm already logged in so that makes me suspicious. If you give me the name I can find it. Cheers

very strange, but the name is "hachette A4 builders club. ( the great build off )"

• RMweb Gold

I have a sneeky feeling there are both plastic and metal body parts, as there was only one available to me at the back of the store, maybe this was from the initial run out earlier in the year......... Someone tell me otherwise!!!!!!!!!

Just a quickie about the cellulose thinners.I have stripped many US brass locos in thinners sometimes leaving them immersed for ages .The brass will still tarnish through it though .Ferric chloride will rot brass as will vinegar .You can use acetone to remove most protective laquer .The projects looks very interesting but I dare not get involved .so many other projects,,,,,:-(

I'd better get some stronger drills if it's Mazak .........

Well you've got plenty of time to do it. Drilling's all there is this week unless you want to follow the instructions and fit the fragile whitemetal lamp irons at this stage.

BTW is anyone else missing the screws that are supposed to be in this issue?

I emailed Hachette.. this was the reply

Dear Peter 

Thank you for your email .

Thank you for notifying us, we are investigating this matter and awaiting feed back.

As soon as we receive feed back we will let out customer know what is happening.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance. 

Yours sincerely,

Maggie L

Customer Care 

I was impressed getting a reply in less than 2 hours..:)

Pete