RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

There's a dirty big Conrod should be coming at you from the square hole in centre top. (You're perched on the centre axle where you are) then big bike chains going round the bare sprocket from the axle, with a further set off the other gears down to a crankshaft working the levers going up and down. All the chains would add to the racket.

(More noise here, senior granddaughter is making lunch, and just tripped the smoke detector. Shall we go to McDonalds,dear?)

Edited by Northroader

• RMweb Gold

WTF is this bit dear heart? Is that what those Cornish Girls are talking about?

Bliddy maids b'aint got a bliddy clue so must be fram Saltash.

Ars£

Oi you - watch it.   Mrs Stationmasters best friend from schooldays onwards is the Mayor of Saltash  (even if she is from the English side of the river) and she might resemble that remark.  Alas we missed the Mayor Making ceremony there this year for various reasons but were there when she was made Mayor a few years back, the hilarious bit is that they sing Trelawney as part of the event and it's great fun watching all the obvious incomers from up country who don't know the words  :jester: 

She was fairly successfully hiding her broken arm when this was filmed but still in some pain.  'Other assets' includes the station building of course

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/council-news-room/media-releases/news-from-2017/news-from-july-2017/saltash-town-council-celebrates-taking-over-management-of-saltash-pontoon/

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Oi you - watch it.   Mrs Stationmasters best friend from schooldays onwards is the Mayor of Saltash  (even if she is from the English side of the river) and she might resemble that remark.  Alas we missed the Mayor Making ceremony there this year for various reasons but were there when she was made Mayor a few years back, the hilarious bit is that they sing Trelawney as part of the event and it's great fun watching all the obvious incomers from up country who don't know the words  :jester: 

She was fairly successfully hiding her broken arm when this was filmed but still in some pain.  'Other assets' includes the station building of course

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/council-news-room/media-releases/news-from-2017/news-from-july-2017/saltash-town-council-celebrates-taking-over-management-of-saltash-pontoon/

We learned Trelawney at school, miles from Cornwall in leafy Herts. As first-formers do, we changed "heart" to "f@rt", which we thought was the height of sophistication.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have you Southern loving gent's seen this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzSE0wx_HxA

Despite the sound effects, it's not running really, it's not closed off and there's no oil flying around -  but still quite interesting.

Regards OVSB

More importantly, some light fingered so and so has half inched the chain, wot makes it all work.

• Like 1

I must have the only layout where less wires means better performance. Now I know why DCC promises just two wires............... :scratchhead:  :triniti:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand: 

Ar$£

Yeah right !

post-20303-0-73670700-1501772670_thumb.jpeg

Anne Lectrics

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I must have the only layout where less wires means better performance. Now I know why DCC promises just two wires............... :scratchhead:  :triniti:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:

Ar$£ 

Rob's obvious enjoyment of Spam's model of Pencarrow at Gnosall would bear out your theory... 

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

So, after lunch I ascended unto The Junction and systematically checked all my morning's wired up bits on the Main and Platform Ups in the Station, whilst leaving a (apologies in advance for this.........) Class 25 with sound, just ticking over. If there was a short it would konk out I thought.

Carefully I reattached the droppers and some BUS feeds/joiners  and lo, one pair of droppers caused the Rat to stutter; no idea why but I will check them for faults. So I left that pair unattached and insulated and all was then tickety boo and the rat didn't even Konk, it just hesitated and then continued making an annoying chugging as they do. Then I tested the circuits with the Rat and it really enjoyed itself but looked a bit silly with the coaches it had.

So I replaced it with my lovely ex works 35028 and lo, it failed after a couple of laps, slowly coming to a stand and just refused to move. No blue smoke or funny noises, just sat there. I rebooted it on the Controller. Nope.

Tried the Rat again and it was fine. Pah! Back to Hattons (with the 'Packet') who had fitted it out for me at huge expense.

So, what to do? Well I poked around and I found a loco I had forgotten I had that was DCC fitted. Off shed it came, hooked up and romped away. What loco was this you ask. It were a Grange! Shame, shame, shame. My Spam has failed and it is replaced with a Grange, however it is 6869 off Laira so I'm not that ashamed.

Then.........I come down just now to find some superbio news from Devonseasider and Stubby 47. East Devon DC have kindly provided the Plan Elevations for the Up Platform Buildings following a Planning Application approval for the regeneration of SJ Station building into two new homes. I want them.

Geoff is smiling down on the whole thing.

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Forgot that I did also solder three Supressors. That was  a laugh and I'll post pics soon (don't hold yer breath).

I've also identified the tasks for tomorrow and this evening I'll prep a Cobalt.

Laters.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Wheres the video? - I want to see evidence of this rat infestation!

post-2326-0-11078100-1501784160_thumb.jpg

three Supressors post-2326-0-96577000-1501784226_thumb.jpg

exciting aren't they..........

Here is the link to Brian's site and the bit about Supressors.

http://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/DCC.html#On

EDIT to add: I think I've made mine too wide but I don't care.

Laters

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6

Despite SS of Sunny Plymouth's not very flattering comments of Bulleid's finest, even in the midst of Gods Wonderful Train Set, many of us on 'the Lane' at North Road, welcomed them as a change from the usual assortment of Great Westernry. Indeed starting off from Platform Seven to Friary invariably featured a fine smoky departure accompanied the usual noisy wheel slip. Sometimes only with a few carriages!

Since then, I always thought they looked great; the 'streamlining' was a turn on to the kids in those days but the de-streamlining spoiled the whole image and made them look like any old 4-6-2. But I still liked them and considering their number today, many others must have also.

Brian.

• Like 2

Ref all this talk about Trimbush if anyone wants to see how a proper loco performs have a look at her maiden voyage on Waverley East - 9-up on a constant 1:40 and never slipped a wheel even when starting

Mr. Bachmann sure can make a good hauler these days!

• Like 3