SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Dunno, I was thinking of the accident with the lady Spit 21C166 (the first big loco I bought with my own pocket money from the Pram & Toy Shop in Midsomer Norton for the princely sum of £25 - GWR 101 Holden Tank was the first bought in St Helier C.I. - both of which I still have)

Don't know nuffin' about this Dartmouth business guv.

Sorry, yes of course I knew that. Lady Lewisham, a leading political figure of the time, became Countess of Dartmouth 50+ years ago.

• RMweb Gold

Now I've remembered "Shackles away Samuel", wherever that was from, however I still can't remember the Fireball XL5 phrase as they were about to take off or something. Maybe it wasn't that programme? Perhaps it was Supercar?

P

I think "Shackles away Samuel" was a regular line from "It's a square world", followed by a clip of a lifeboat launch, (Swanage I think). A great shame that almost no recordings survive. Btw, "the reluctant jester", Michael Bentine's life story, is currently on radio 4 extra./iplayer Well worth a listen.

Dave

• RMweb Premium

My Spit is just a heap of carp wot I buyded on that ####### auction site. Probably needs a new Decoder hard wired and I think the back to backs are rubbish as well. If that fails I shall move it on. 

Achtung.

Have a look to see if the white grease Hornby drown drivetrains in has solidified. Had to clean all mine out a few years back after no use as some had set almost solid. Worth a look.

• RMweb Premium

I was unable to restrain Myself Gents.

The Grumpy Col. on the P Class thread needed a small tune up. Fancy saying You blokes talk Drivel :O

Cheeky begger.

XLNT. drivel, drivel, drivel. Have a P. Smoke, Seuth, Grinder pictures, Hard Sun comedy scenes, J.A. swimming etc.

Oh dear, what was this thread about now?

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hang on, i think i missed the post where this turned into a narrow gauge forum. Is someone modelling  the L&B?

Nah, that's to illustrate drivel; you can see it coming from the Injectors. I have trouble with my Injectors but manage to deal with them using gaskets and cotton waste padding.post-2326-0-23466500-1516620583_thumb.jpg

F. Art

• Like 1

Now available from Dr Beeching;

ANTI DRIVEL SPRAY

post-4133-0-75057400-1516623496_thumb.png

Spray sparingly onto bits of anything that you disagree with or just dislike;

Many uses from internet bores to whole sections of useful double track mainlines!!!!!!!!

So get your Dr Beeching Drivel away now.

Not available on the SDJR or Woodhead or GCR areas, still available in the Cambrian and Seatle to Carlisle areas.

Just spray on or around any orifice that needs treatment!

Dr Who?

Edited by GRUNFOS
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

your-data-is-biased-false-media-spin-dri

jkYpWk7m.jpg

Master Driveller

Drivel

synonyms:nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo;

informalrot, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney;
informalcobblers, codswallop, cock, stuff and nonsense, tosh, double Dutch;
informalflapdoodle, blathers, wack, bushwa, applesauce;
informalbunkum;
vulgar slangcrap, , bollox, balls;
vulgar slangcrapola;
vulgar slangbulldust
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

MJR's just arrived* and there's a bl00dy hoss on the cover!

*after several attempts by postie to ram it through the door.  Probably the same postie that 'lost' my EMGS order and then delivered the new one it to the wrong address, the occupant of which sent it back to the sorting office who then sent it back out (thankfully) signed for.  I do miss Malcolm are old regular postie who dragged me outside once to look at all the dragon flies on our lawn one morning.

• RMweb Premium

Now for the verb version of drivel

synonyms:talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, burble, blather, blether, prate, prattle, gabble, chatter, twitter, maunder;

informalwaffle, witter on, gab, talk through one's hat;
vulgar slang

Drivel

synonyms:nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo;

informalrot, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney;
informalcobblers, codswallop, cock, stuff and nonsense, tosh, double Dutch;
informalflapdoodle, blathers, wack, bushwa, applesauce;
informalbunkum;
vulgar slangcrap, ######, bollox, balls;
vulgar slangcrapola;
vulgar slangbulldust

Interesting how most of the above "vulgar slang" versions don't match the forum software's definition of meriting a #####

Looking up some translations, I quite like the German Wischiwaschi, 

• RMweb Premium

Hang on, i think i missed the post where this turned into a narrow gauge forum. Is someone modelling  the L&B?

The L&B being an ex-SR railway, sir.

I hope they get it all up and running again, the perfect 'tourist' railway for Exmoor.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

MJR's just arrived* and there's a bl00dy hoss on the cover!

*after several attempts by postie to ram it through the door.  Probably the same postie that 'lost' my EMGS order and then delivered the new one it to the wrong address, the occupant of which sent it back to the sorting office who then sent it back out (thankfully) signed for.  I do miss Malcolm are old regular postie who dragged me outside once to look at all the dragon flies on our lawn one morning.

When you say Hoss do you mean like this one I mucked out earlier

post-16423-0-72205700-1516625673_thumb.jpg

How do get one of them to work in finescale? I can't get our 12 inch to the foot ones to work.

• Like 2