SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Overheard while passing through a toy shop

Little girl "I don;t want that Barbie Mummy"

Mother "Well which one do you want?"

Little Girl " I want Divorced Barbie"

Mother "Why on earth would you want that?"

Little Girl "'Cos it comes with Ken's House, Ken's car and all Ken's money thrown in!"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nooooo Phil you can't - this is the only one on here that lets all our inner Goons free!

If you leave it would be like fish without chips, Bacon without eggs, Hinge without Bracket, Flanders minus Swann, Adams without Radial.

OK I'll stop now - point made. Off to take Pepper over the golf course! as she is now making her point that it is walkie time even more strongly...

attachicon.gifDog in office.jpg

He wouldn't last 5 minutes with Alfie (the white one) he has a habit of chewing things like small dogs, alpha male Barney (the black one) just chews furniture for fun. 

post-8647-0-14629000-1464972434_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Ta Peter. i should be more careful. However i am really seriously thinking of leaving this Forum. Not to go elsewhere but just because......

There are friends on here that will keep in touch if they want to and I won't be wasting my life being daft.

Phil

Noooo!

Whilst the doggy thing was mentioned I thought of my daughters English Bulldog. He's easily pleased and more than happy to watch Tellytubbies on her iPad !

post-20303-0-62837400-1464975626_thumb.jpeg

Sits quietly all the way through an episode without so much as a whimper !!!

G

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Whilst the doggy thing was mentioned I thought of my daughters English Bulldog. He's easily pleased and more than happy to watch Tellytubbies on her iPad !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sits quietly all the way through an episode without so much as a whimper !!!

G

Not unlike me....I actually used to really enjoy Tellytubbies. Probably still would as it was quite gentle. When I visit my youngest grandchild's house (he is 5) the stuff he is allowed to watch a lot of the time is so loud and stupidly American that it drives me mad. On occasion I have turned off the bl##dy TV as he isn't watching it, only for it to be turned on again by his mother. Pah! Sad thing is he really enjoys a quiet sit down with his old Grandad to read a good story. I'm obviously way off the modern track of child rearing. 

I'll shut up now and contemplate the visit to 36E of Tornado tomorrow morning.

P

I'll shut up now and contemplate the visit to 36E of Tornado tomorrow morning.

P

Here's a short vid I made back in April when she pulled int Exeter Central, I was lucky to catch it as I wasn't aware it was coming down to the West Country..........

https://youtu.be/tq4_tjiTxGQ

( excuse the quality - taken on my iPhone spur of the moment !)

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We can be like the Judean People's Popular Front.

#### off! "Judean People's Front".

We're the People's Front of Judea! - "Judean People's Front!".

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Went from Staines to Dartmouth on her a few years ago, this was the only chance of getting a decent photo when it stopped at Salisbury for a drink.

post-8647-0-63040000-1465031779_thumb.jpg 

Edited by 81C
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Oops. Sorry, I don't often take pics locally as others do it so much better. 

163 was going well at Botany Bay Xing having been delayed by the water bowser at Babworth not working when 163 arrived. What a lovely machine.

Quack.

• Like 3

The delay at Retford resulted in us having a cracking run all the way to York where we arrived two mins early. Luvly stuff. And the sun's been shining on the North Yorks coast

I'll post some pics later

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

The delay at Retford resulted in us having a cracking run all the way to York where we arrived two mins early. Luvly stuff. And the sun's been shining on the North Yorks coast

I'll post some pics later

Did you get to go through Donny on the 'fast'?

Sure did get the centre road through Donny! We were gloriously uninterrupted all the way from Retford to York so she was in 70-75mph cruise mode most of the time. A 225 set from Leeds appeared to have been held at a signal whilst we swept past north of Donny - quite right too!

As promised, a few pics.

post-16151-0-96104000-1465071290_thumb.jpg

Held outside Malton waiting for the section ahead to clear. Note beautiful blue skies!

post-16151-0-57385300-1465071308_thumb.jpg

An interested crowd throngs round us on arrival at the seaside.

post-16151-0-71488100-1465071332_thumb.jpg

We sampled the delights of a steam loco even younger than Tornado - this one has a 2016 builders plate!

post-16151-0-77217300-1465071349_thumb.jpg

For those familiar with the 'oh so British' North Bay Manor Gardens railway here is the more normal fare (diesel powered, A3 lookalike 'Neptune') - with appropriate headboard.

post-16151-0-80198700-1465071370_thumb.jpg

Stopped awaiting a platform outside York. (fancy that!)

post-16151-0-57680500-1465071391_thumb.jpg

Her day's work done, the A1 is about to give way to a Cl.90 diesel 'leccy (oops!)

By now she should be rubbing shoulders with a certain other East Coast pacific on York shed...

Not a bad day!

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 14