SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

bgman, on 11 Jun 2016 - 10:58, said:

The young man in question is a (very ) Civil Engineer who just happens to be a great admirer of a certain Mr.Brunel which gets my vote straight away.

The wedding isn't until next September. Does anyone know what the railways are like in Cyprus ? That's where it's all going to happen and I get a holiday too !! Happy days :)

http://mycyprusinsider.com/cyprus-uncovered/must-visit-the-cyprus-railways-museum/

• RMweb Premium

Looks green to me.

But is it the green that would be suitable for your stock?

post-2326-0-27679500-1465642508_thumb.jpg

Remember that this is not a brilliant spray job and I did not have a go at a 'final coat'.

I am pleased to have been informed that CCT do the Transfers for this and other SR Vans, so I shall be using those.

I also need to get the pipes and screw couplings sorted.

Yes, I know it is clean and shouldn't be!

P

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, Ducky. Good now, promising to be splendid when complete.

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifImg_0346.jpg

Remember that this is not a brilliant spray job and I did not have a go at a 'final coat'.

I am pleased to have been informed that CCT do the Transfers for this and other SR Vans, so I shall be using those.

P

I must admit that the green in your earlier photos looked very yellow, almost like sunshine green.

post-6675-0-70360300-1465644723_thumb.jpg

The photo in your recent post above looked a lot darker.

The photo below shows my 7mm Maunsell coach with a coat of Railmatch. This is Matt and would need a coat of varnish. I am however considering using the Halfords Brooklands green instead as this is already gloss and the can nozels are good.

post-6675-0-90022900-1465644964_thumb.jpg

Is this same that you used?

I wouldn't worry too much about any shade of green on a SR parcels van, it's the thick layer of dirt you need to get right!

Oh, the Cambridge custom transfers are fantastic. I use them myself and have been very pleased with the results.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yup. That green. I have another can, Ford Pine Green and that looks a little darker on the can lid, but I have not used it yet.

Perhaps the photo I took outside was more sunshine green looking because the sun was actually shining on it?

I think I mentioned earlier that I'd have a test spray on something before you use that Brooklands on your lovely coaches.

When these things are eventually in the loft the lighting up there will make everything look different shades of whatever anyway.

The most difficult coaches to get looking more as I remember the 'green' are going to be my pre printed Southern Pride ones. That will need some cunning work with varnish of some sort or maybe Klear?

I've used Cambridge stuff on some of my Engineers' wagons and other stock (vans and parcels mainly) and I like them a lot. 

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifImg_0346.jpg

P

I'm going to complain, how dare you post something on topic on your thread. :ireful: :ireful: :ireful:

Anyhow I always thought them there SR vans were a khaki dust colour...............might be wrong on that.

• RMweb Premium

Very nice is that Addlestones Cloudy - a hostelry not too far from here (in the Thames Valley !!) sells it.

As there have been several posts on the subject of cider, there is a very good advert on youtube for an Australian cider called "Dickens". As this is a family show I won't post a link and leave you lot with a slightly less than clean mind to work out exactly what they are on about.

Edited by Siberian Snooper

On the way to the small Plymouth exhibition earlier today and just arrive in time to catch this on my iPhone

Enjoy !

G

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

That was very good for a mobile phone,  What kind is it please?

Hi Brian

Grahame mentioned it was an iPhone - you have to bear in mind he's from Devon, so he might not be referring to the Apple device.

After all (coming from Somerset), I got I phone too but it's a Motorola using Android.

Edited by Tim Dubya

Hi Brian

Grahame mentioned it was an iPhone - you have to bear in mind he's from Devon, so he might not be referring to the Apple device.

After all (coming from Somerset), I got I phone too but it's a Motorola using Android.

'Twas a hollowed out Scrumpy tin wiv string !

Yours

Herr P.Olariod

That was very good for a mobile phone,  What kind is it please?

Brian.

Hi Brian

Thank you, it was an iPhone 5 ( bit old now ) but still seems to capture the moment when needed :)

• RMweb Premium

Thank you, it was an iPhone 5 ( bit old now ) but still seems to capture the moment when needed :)

I'm a bit old but still manage to capture the moment too, mainly on my shoes...

• RMweb Gold

I'm a bit old but still manage to capture the moment too, mainly on my shoes...

I have meals which I manage to summarise on my shirt.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Da iawn Cymru

Way down Taunton on the A38

Just around the corner there's a five-bar gate

Over in the field stands old Farmer Joe

Cranking up his tractor trying to make the thing go

No-one seems to care, or try to understand

It's hard to make a living when your working on the land

Go Go

Let the cider flow

Alright there young 'un

Farmer's son in the pig sty mixing up the swill

Bubbling and a steaming enough to make thee ill

Sow she came a borin' like a hurricane

Rollin' over n'over n'over n'over again

no-one there around, to give that boy a warnin'

they couldn't dig him out until the very next mornin'

Go Go

Let the cider flow

C'mon there my beauty, c'mon right there

Farmer's daughter Mable rolling in the hay

With them village lads she were the caberet

Swinging through the rafters in her tight blue jeans

Polo neck all ruffled n' bursting from the seams

No-one seems to care, or try to understand

The ups and downs a man gets when he's working on the land

Go Go

Let the cider flow

Farmer's wife out working picking up the eggs

She's gettin' on she ain't too steady on her legs

Basket in her arms and right from full

She crossed the field and she got chased by a bull

No-one there around to get the bull away

Now Joe's got scrambled eggs for his breakfast every day

C'mon here my beauty, c'mon 'ere

Giv'm a grt big dog, he he.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

On the way to the small Plymouth exhibition earlier today and just arrive in time to catch this on my iPhone

Enjoy !

G

Ohhhhh, that whistle and a little bit of chattering acceleration (there is no other exhaust beat quite like a Bulleid going like that) through the old enemy Station (that looks very different from 1960/1/2).

Lovely and I have a 'Dowding' lurking somewhere. The actual loco, that is Dowding at the moment, is one he** of a loco. I have travelled behind it on the Brighton line about 16 years ago; bloody lovely.

Many thanks G and drink up thee Zider. 

Made my day, along with the other technical details in the last few posts.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

Enjoy !

G

It was all going d so well until the end with that big deadweight having on the back! - didn't even know that particular spam can had been rescued!