SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Do they - er - come in pairs?

In what is clearly a sign of increasing maturity I have moderated my post before I even posted it and the image I would have posted......I decided not to...........ish

post-14122-0-05213100-1480273486_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Ah, now that young lady lived a couple of doors from my rich aunt in Belgravia. Her Austin A35 had the number SAB 40, I think.

Sure it wasn't SAB 40E.....

• RMweb Premium

I am going to be boring and change the subject to today's trip to the NEC, well I bought the wrong tickets and me and my mate ended up in some model railway exhibition totally missing the good food show. :fie:

Anyhow on the journey from Darkest Essex to Brumland we stopped at a service station in the middle of nowhere. The stop was great, well the cooked breakfast was, especially as my mate, Andy, gave me his black pudding as a swapsie for my grilled tomato. Still stuffed at lunch time I only able to mangae a white chocolate cookie with my cappuccino. I did have a slight problem, I spotted the ice cream van in the corner, so had a very nice raspberry cheesecake ice cream in a cone. Had a second cappuccino without a cookie as we walked around and around trying find the car park we left my mate's car in. Had hoped to be home in time for tea but some kind person decided to bash in to another person's car on the M11 thus delaying our journey back to Darkest Essex. 

That ends this year's Warley report.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

I am going to be boring and change the subject to today's trip to the NEC, well I bought the wrong tickets and me and my mate ended up in some model railway exhibition totally missing the good food show. :fie:

Anyhow on the journey from Darkest Essex to Brumland we stopped at a service station in the middle of nowhere. The stop was great, well the cooked breakfast was, especially as my mate, Andy, gave me his black pudding as a swapsie for my grilled tomato. Still stuffed at lunch time I only able to mangae a white chocolate cookie with my cappuccino. I did have a slight problem, I spotted the ice cream van in the corner, so had a very nice raspberry cheesecake ice cream in a cone. Had a second cappuccino without a cookie as we walked around and around trying find the car park we left my mate's car in. Had hoped to be home in time for tea but some kind person decided to bash in to another person's car on the M11 thus delaying our journey back to Darkest Essex. 

That ends this year's Warley report.

Thank Clive - the best Warley report I have seen this year.

No frothing - well except the cappuccinos ! 

• Like 1

I have several MRJs in my collection. Do I have to dispose of them as I have used Pecoboob track on my train-set and I also have builded part of an EM gauge layout?

S. Leeper

No.  Read them, admire what others have done and aspire to emulate or surpass their achievements.  Then get some back numbers and repeat.

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No.  Read them, admire what others have done and aspire to emulate or surpass their achievements.  Then get some back numbers and repeat.

Chris

Yes Ducky, worship and venerate each issue and the masters within cos we are not worthy. I frame each issue and hang it in the gallery of greatness that is my outside privvy, a shrine to the art concealed within each memorable issue.

Improve the experience with a bit of audio. As I open the door, Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance begins to play, elevating the experience to new heights for we are in the presence of greatness.....

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Doesn't the frame scratch a bit?

Al.

Is that a bad thing ?

Doesn't the frame scratch a bit?

Al.

Is that a bad thing ?

• RMweb Gold

Yes Ducky, worship and venerate each issue and the masters within cos we are not worthy. I frame each issue and hang it in the gallery of greatness that is my outside privvy, a shrine to the art concealed within each memorable issue.

Improve the experience with a bit of audio. As I open the door, Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance begins to play, elevating the experience to new heights for we are in the presence of greatness.....

Rob.

All that for a dump . :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Yes Ducky, worship and venerate each issue and the masters within cos we are not worthy.

Not if we like sausages, we're not. That's quite true. I have been forced to choose between sausages and MRJ, and as I have all editions of MRJ within the confines of Kernow Towers, the much smaller number of sausages that were on the premises at the time (and they were gluten-free ones at that) have had to be consumed in an emergency sausage consumption session in order to clear the vortex before the situation became critical. Whilst the MRJ collection remains on the premises, no further sausages will be allowed in the house.

I am completely serious about being serious about MRJ. I am a reformed character and a much more serious individual as a result, but you can tell that, can't you? I didn't need to say it, you lot are too clever for me, I'll have to try getting up earlier or something.

• RMweb Premium

I'm losing it as I tend to keep my MRJs in the freezer and my GF Sausages on the coffee table in ze lounge (that's a room in my abode, not a part of a pub).

Both taste bloody awful after a few years.

Any way, here's a laugh. A week or so ago the Honourable T. Wright Esq. NB announced he had some loco's to 'move on' from a late friend's collection. One was a U1. I almost imploded and winged off an email at super narrow band slowness asking to have a look at it. Yeterday i was on a visit to said Honourable's layout and lo, the U1 was discussed. However, I had not realised that there was another sort of U1 and it certainly wasn't a SR locomotive. Doh!

I shall find a picture of TW's and show you so you can laugh long an loud.

Ar$epesdestra

• RMweb Gold

The infuriating habit of railway companies to give their locos appellations in use elsewhere is a pain. Years ago I recall someone announced a kit for a Southern B4. Great whoopings of joy among LBSCR modellers, until it was realised that no, it wasn't the lovely 4-4-0 of that railway, but the LSWR 0-4-0 tankee thing. The hiss of escaping air was audible....

• RMweb Premium

Arrrgh! Maybe I was correct about the U1 after all... humph ! Bit of a bu66er that eh?

Yours

S.Ting ( U2)

Well, if you half close your good eye and turn the light out and then look at it, you might just think it could be a double headed U1 from the proper railway Co.

Rack Suck

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I hope TW does not mind this copy and paste as it is in a good cause.

post-18225-0-96685400-1480442628_thumb.j

So, try to imagine that on the Seaton Branch...........................................................pretty impressive though don't you know.

There are OTHER sorts??

Couldn't you claim that having failed as the Lickey Banker it was on further banking trials at Seaton?

I think as bad as railways using same class numbers is manufacturers announcing what you want in the wrong scale.. e.g. Heljan 61xx or 63xx

David

• Like 1