SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

What about the Bulleids that Hornby aren't making Quackers?

Just as I get fed up with The Junction, every so##ing manufacturer will announce super detailed and quality Bulleid and Maunsell Coaches (the latter being ones not yet available). That's how it goes. I hope they get their act together pretty soon as my enthusiasm is fading.

Ar$£ 

• RMweb Premium

Bulleid and Maunsell Coaches (the latter being ones not yet available). 

Especially the rebuilt taverns and Maunsell catering cars.

Not forgetting Q's, Z's and G6's etc etc etc

Oh and a resin Sidmouth Junc station building...

• RMweb Premium

Especially the rebuilt taverns and Maunsell catering cars.

Not forgetting Q's, Z's and G6's etc etc etc

Oh and a resin Sidmouth Junc station building...

If the last years of SR Express steam could become popular (is it already?) then the 'Bournemouth Bulleids' would be good too. Of course some of those (including Diners) were cascaded to the WOEML in the early 60s. Bournemouth and Weymouth would make excellent sites to model, both with decent Depots. Brockenhurst, Dorchester and Poole would be interesting smaller sites.  I would be interested in a 'Weymouth'.

A.Banker 

• Like 1

I think I saw a new thread for someone modelling the Weymouth Harbour on here yesterday Phil, not something I've ever seen done ( OO I think ). Could be an interesting one ?

In other news I've been into that there Exetiterr tonight and met up with an old mate- Mike 84C on here, had food, lots of conversation and barely mentioned railways ! Now thats got to be a first 

Your mention of Bournemouth, Dorchester and Poole definitely take me back to my visits to my Grandparents who lived just outside Bournemouth and they too bring back very, very fond memories for me and I thank you for that. Especially the time I stood on the road crossing bridge in Poole town centre to watch a steam loco pass underneath and got the very first stingy smuts in my eyes, ooh! how that hurt but strangely enjoyable. 

B.Ackintime

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

This Weymuff one?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/127933-weymouth-tramway-someones-finally-doing-it/page-1

The Bournemouth Six car sets? Perfect for a train & coach pack (Hornby obvs).

I popped over there to have look at it and was instantly deterred from reading any further at the second paragraph:

PLEASE READ:

This thread is about the layout of the real place, but can I please stress that there are already Weymouth Tramway modelling threads and talks out there. I do not want this thread to be used to discuss about the tramway, arguing about a resurrection, or the usual "I remember seeing this when I was a kid'. I want to keep this thread clean to what i'm modelling, so information on the part of the line i'm recreating is fine as long as its actually about what I'm doing.

To me, as someone who missed the days of steam, half the pleasure of these threads, and this one in particular is the odd reminisce from people who actually were there - that great tradition of Oral History is under threat so much yet social media such as this can lay a huge role in keeping it alive.

Given that I'm already struggling to keep up with four threads, in a way I'm relieved not to add a fifth!

• RMweb Gold

I popped over there to have look at it and was instantly deterred from reading any further at the second paragraph:

PLEASE READ:

This thread is about the layout of the real place, but can I please stress that there are already Weymouth Tramway modelling threads and talks out there. I do not want this thread to be used to discuss about the tramway, arguing about a resurrection, or the usual "I remember seeing this when I was a kid'. I want to keep this thread clean to what i'm modelling, so information on the part of the line i'm recreating is fine as long as its actually about what I'm doing.

To me, as someone who missed the days of steam, half the pleasure of these threads, and this one in particular is the odd reminisce from people who actually were there - that great tradition of Oral History is under threat so much yet social media such as this can lay a huge role in keeping it alive.

Given that I'm already struggling to keep up with four threads, in a way I'm relieved not to add a fifth!

Thanks for that Smiffy - I won't be testing the waters there, either, in that case. 

EDIT : He should be running a blog, where tighter editorial control is available to the owner. 

Edited by Oldddudders

Each to their own I suppose chaps.

But I wonder what He would make of the fabulous free for all that are SOSJ, ANTB, the Mutton thread and of course Tim's thread among some others that We are all guilty of visiting and dragging off onto all sorts of entertaining tangents.

It's supposed to be fun. Which is why I like to hang around you lot I suppose.

• RMweb Gold

Each to their own I suppose chaps.

But I wonder what He would make of the fabulous free for all that are SOSJ, ANTB, the Mutton thread and of course Tim's thread among some others that We are all guilty of visiting and dragging off onto all sorts of entertaining tangents.

It's supposed to be fun. Which is why I like to hang around you lot I suppose.

Quite so, Ted. Another RMweb thread-owner enjoys banter, too, but when he has has enough ribbing from friends and others, he posts "Topic Reset" and everyone settles down. Phil does this in his own way by simply posting news of derring-do in the loft. It usually works. 

• Like 1

Quite so, Ted. Another RMweb thread-owner enjoys banter, too, but when he has has enough ribbing from friends and others, he posts "Topic Reset" and everyone settles down. Phil does this in his own way by simply posting news of derring-do in the loft. It usually works. 

But Ian I think our Lord and Duckster, quite enjoys being able to have an excuse to 'CBA' occasionally and enjoy the general discussion that occasionally veers towards the topic!

I know I do!

Gilbert's thread occasionally wanders a little bit too, which is usually great fun and he lets it have it's head for a short while and then somehow he quietly guides us all back on topic with such a slight of hand that no one even realises it has happened.

Very clever really, it must be all those years dealing in Law Matters. :)

Edited to change tears to years :D

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Premium

Was Gilbert a Family lawyer then? I know that can be tearful from personal experience!

I did indeed do some matrimonial work during my early years in the profession, but gave it up when I began to have an overwhelming urge to pick a client at random, and drop him or her out of my office window. As I was on the third floor, this was not a good idea.

One illustration will do to show why this attitude came to be. A couple in their 40s, divorcing, no kids, both in very well paid jobs, so no maintenance problems either. It should have been the easiest of jobs, but they had to argue in great detail about the contents of the matrimonial home. A year or more on, and I had a file half the size of the Empire State building, but we were down to just three items still in dispute. One was a fridge, the second I forget, but we solved that one, and the last remaining one was a parrot. One day the phone rang, and my client, in tears, told me that the parrot had departed this mortal coil. After putting the phone down, I had a quick caper around my office, singing "the parrot's dead, I can close the file".

Then they spent six months arguing as to which of them was going to have it stuffed and keep the thing. I assure you that is absolutely true, I couldn't make it up!  And that really has got things wildly off topic.

• Like 4

I did indeed do some matrimonial work during my early years in the profession, but gave it up when I began to have an overwhelming urge to pick a client at random, and drop him or her out of my office window. As I was on the third floor, this was not a good idea.

One illustration will do to show why this attitude came to be. A couple in their 40s, divorcing, no kids, both in very well paid jobs, so no maintenance problems either. It should have been the easiest of jobs, but they had to argue in great detail about the contents of the matrimonial home. A year or more on, and I had a file half the size of the Empire State building, but we were down to just three items still in dispute. One was a fridge, the second I forget, but we solved that one, and the last remaining one was a parrot. One day the phone rang, and my client, in tears, told me that the parrot had departed this mortal coil. After putting the phone down, I had a quick caper around my office, singing "the parrot's dead, I can close the file".

Then they spent six months arguing as to which of them was going to have it stuffed and keep the thing. I assure you that is absolutely true, I couldn't make it up!  And that really has got things wildly off topic.

...and one of the best examples of an off-topic story that was most illuminating to read!

I was of course being a little too clever for ones own good, picking up on the (now-corrected) typo!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert

People are wonderful, trying to remain professional when you have pillock within arms reach can be very difficult at times. The more educated the pillock is the greater the urge to hasten their journey to hell becomes. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gilbert

People are wonderful, trying to remain professional when you have pillock within arms reach can be very difficult at times. The more educated the pillock is the greater the urge to hasten their journey to hell becomes. 

As we sometimes used to say at station level on the railway - talk softly and carry a brakestick (oddly there was indeed a brakestick kept in the station Chargeman's office at Westbury for some years - never used in anger).

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

As we sometimes used to say at station level on the railway - talk softly and carry a brakestick (oddly there was indeed a brakestick kept in the station Chargeman's office at Westbury for some years - never used in anger).

The chargeman's name wasn't Roosevelt was it?

Mny years ago when I was working in the publishing industry I was in charge of a Magazine called Motorcycle Weekly - as sponsors of the BMF rally at the Peterborough show ground we coughed up for  a 'decent band' -

Status Quo,

10,000 bikers in a very large tent.

Much Beer

What a night!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sheffield City Hall; great and comfy venue for the many old gits like me that had to sit on upturned seat (no not broken, just not in seat position.....) otherwise not being able to see. Person on my left had brough an infant of about 6 months. Large ear defenders (required) and still fell asleep 2/3ds of the way through the set. Lovely. Person on my right, No 1 son who had forked out to take me to it and then drove me out of his and mates' way to take me home (I had gone on the 17.58 off Retford, non stop after Worksop, Sheffield Express). 

Having seen Quo many, many times, this set was one of many numbers we have not heard live before; 90 minutes of non stop boogie. 

Blimey, I feel quite revived this morning and seeing the Red Arrows practising over in the east, in a clear blue sky, is a bonus.

Laters.

Phil

P.S. RIP Rick P.

• Like 7