SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, M.I.B said:

Hardest working man in Showbiz in the 80s - all those Top 10 singles and LPs, yet nobody with "cred" liked his stuff - all that success based om entertaining Mums, Grans and kids.  Must have been hard work, yet he managed to do it.

The local Mumbles boy used to do a Freshers Week concert at Swansea University each year, and used to dance on top of the piano. Then, one year, he broke the piano and did not get invited back again. That year, he released 'Green Door'.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

When I was a young trainspotter, why was it if at Paddington it was always a green Warship pulling red coaches but at Waterloo it was a red Warship in front of some green carriages?

Colour blindness test.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

d680df961c63e93d0294c3187f5641ee.jpg.ea84684bd44e2b4f8cfb5fa41f0bc3b1.jpg

See this? I can recreate this, except for:

the steam;

and everything else in the picture, other than the loco and wagons, as it is Execeter Centrole. Nice point rodding 

I might have seen 30451 doing this exact working but I definitely saw King Arthur itself doing it, probably 1961 but maybe 1962. Due to nerdiness I can also reproduce that latter working. Good innit?

P

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

What's the #### party?  

At this party will there be jelly and ice cream?  And cake?

Will there be party games? I'm  not good at them and don't find them fun. But I like jelly and ice cream. And cake.

Oh one last thing the sandwiches, no green rabbit food in mine, please.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

16401991752_0d8a992a57_b.jpg.1ca2ba0328bb586c58d7c9609abf3bc0.jpg

Boring I know, but I can actually recreate this shot (bar the steam, unless I use a wee bit of cotton wool)  if I get off my arse and do the Platform, Canopy, persons, half a Lamp-post with Target, Ballasting, teeny length of rodding and the bit of embankment to the left.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 9

55 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

veggie, surely?  veggy rhymes with eggy

glad this thread has been resurrected, I have months of this stuff built up inside

indeed, it’s almost as if we’re eavesdropping on a meeting of the Terry Wogan TOGs!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

At this party will there be jelly and ice cream?  And cake?

Will there be party games? I'm  not good at them and don't find them fun. But I like jelly and ice cream. And cake.

Oh one last thing the sandwiches, no green rabbit food in mine, please.

Party eh?

Green Jelly. Ice Cream will be Devon's best. Cake 1 will be limited to single slices and will be Gluten Free and for Vegans only, as Vegans can't have the Jelly or Ice Cream. Cake 2 will be Saffron from Kernow. Sandwiches will be Peanut Butter.

There will be adult themed games, but a Nurse will be required Clive so you won't dip out.

Bring a bottle. 

Venue = SWAG. Date = April 26th 2020.

Dress = only if you feel conflicted.

Ar$£

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

When I was a young trainspotter, why was it if at Paddington it was always a green Warship pulling red coaches but at Waterloo it was a red Warship in front of some green carriages?

It was only the red ones that actually worked for long enough to do the down journey. Green ones had usually expired by Southall I was told.

P

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Meat sausages have to contain a certain percentage of meat. Can anyone tell me what is the minimum percentage of vegans in a vegan sausage?

One should never mock the afflicted - they are more to be pitied than scorned 

William J Connolly 

• Informative/Useful 1