Loch Vath 00 gauge Layout.

Module00

Your layout is excellent, and also very very clean. Have you thought about adding some dirt & grime or maybe weathering a few items.

As i live in Scotland, i can tell you, it's not as clean as your layout.

Keep up the good work.

Hello, The last summer i was in Fort William for the Jacobite steam Train !!!

At Fort William station i take this photo on july 29.

okg5.jpg

Sorry if the layout is more clean than the reality...

The layout is not finish, i have more things to do. But my style is like that, in french "Ligne claire".

But it's not finish.

Edited by Module00
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
Hello,   :)

Here are new images of my 00 gauge layout.
The work progresses.
During the last holidays i have worked on the locomotive depot.  :mail:

What is the good term?  :dontknow:

vv58.jpg

t0xd.jpg

fnlw.jpg

s8nw.jpg

mj3i.jpg

t1me.jpg

I am very happy to be able to present my network to british modelists . Thank you very much.   :good:

• Like 13

I have to agree, particularly simple but very effective. I think you've blended it all together nicely. Lovely Job!

The Happy Plaice looks like the spot to get a bite to eat ;)

Cheers, Reece

What a lovely layout, Scottish and plenty of Class 37's. What's not to like?

Keep those pictures coming.

Out of interest did you get to see the class 37s when they came over to France when they were employed on infrastructure trains building one of your LGV routes. They were certainly spectacular to say the least.

Cheers

Marcus

Hello, 

Thank you for your comment.  :imsohappy:

Yes i llike very much the class 37 locomotives !   :wub:

Indeed, I knew that class 37 had been in France, on lines LGV(HSR). I even saw a video!  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On second thought, I think that I am going to delete ruins. I find that these ruins do not make rather typical.  :nono:

I am going to install(settle) a small cottage with a garden and trees.  

What do you think about it?  :scratchhead:

On Wednesday I received my birthday presents, finally!  :imsohappy:

I was spoiled for my 45 springs.  

I was very busy and I had only the time to take out them of the box. I shall make photos in situation on the layout as soon as possible.:D 

Here are 25279 Bachmann, weathered by the retailer The Model Centre. :wub:

x99o.jpg

And three little mineral wagons of 16 tons (weathered by The Model Centre) intended to feed the locomotive depot with coal, for the last class 9F which frequents it.

i1uv.jpg

Good evening. 

• Like 6

Hello, 

I ground the locomotive, then having equipped it with a decoder LENZ Silver 21, I offered myself a small session of exploitation. 

6h7u.jpg

rhtr.jpg

h6li.jpg

yo4h.jpg

x4si.jpg

Good evening.

Edited by Module00
  • Like 4

Hello, 

I did not still begin to install the signalisation...

I do not know which signalisation to use (brands and models). 

I do not know which system: mechanical or light ? 

Can you help me? 

Thank you very much.

Hi Module OO

Got your PM.

For your era, most likely mid eighty's by the predominately rail blue, you could either go for mechanical signalling (semaphore) or even RETB. You could still have colour light signalling if you wish. Most of the West Highland lines though were mostly mechanical until the advent of RETB. RETB is Radio electronic token block which is sort of a type of in cab signalling. The only line side equipment are section marker boards with no type of fixed signalling as such. Although the boards have been equipped with purple lights which begin to flash when the driver has been given the token for the next section of track. The token is electronic and is sent directly to the driver in the cab which displays permission has been given to enter the next section. I'm not totally clued up on the system as I have only driven over the West Highland line once and that was being conducted.

If you go for mechanical signalling, which I went with on my layout, then the Ratio LNER lattices post signals are a good representation of the type of signals used on the WHL. They make quite a nice kit once they are made up. Although they look quite fiddly the secret is don't rush. Also once you've done a few they become easier. Most good model shops stock Ratio or you can buy them direct from Peco who is Ratios parent company. Each kit builds about three signals with all variations being possible such as junction signals etc.

The signal in the picture below by the leading Class 20 is a junction signal which gives two different routes.

post-18515-0-42914600-1402852764.jpg

I don't know if you still have any semaphore signalling in France, so if you need any more help in the working of this type of system please feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1