Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Temeraire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Well now the summer is over and its not as hot in the conservatory its time to get the modelling stuff out and find my mojo. There's plenty to do to the stock that runs on Tidworth and some outstanding jobs to be completed on the layout itself. Tidworth's second exhibition appearance is scheduled for Sat 17th & Sun 18th October 2015 at the Christchurch MRC show at The Bournemouth School for Girls BH8 9UJ, which gives me 6 weeks to get ready!

Nothing to show yet but I'll post some picture updates once the layout is set up for 'testing' etc.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

No closeup but I will get you some once I get them out as they are top of the list for heavy weathering! However, it is just a Bachmann coupling glued to the bogie after the Lima loop was removed.

Will you be with Oulton next weekend at Woking by chance?

Hi Ian some great pics of the Layout, good luck with the next show, at least you'll know what to expect and have a better idea of what to run.

I always say, have a Loco READY TO MOVE, in case someone comes along to have a look and your doing something else.

All the best,

Cheers.

[quote name="Temeraire" post="2012341" timestamp="1441654790

Will you be with Oulton next weekend at Woking by chance?

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I can't make the Woking Show - it is the only one I'm missing...

Wigan in October is next for me. Enjoy the show

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Chris

You're right I have been weathering some of my wagons for the layout and making up loads for some of the opens. All of a sudden its only two weeks to the Christchurch show and not a lot of spare time to get more of the outstanding jobs done in time, but it's looking better than its first appearance so continual improvement is the way forward I think. ;)

I'll be on the MidHants all weekend sprucing up Lion on Saturday for its last running day of the year on Sunday when I'll be in the front coach for three round trips from Alton at 10.50, 12.50 & 14.50! :imsohappy:

• Like 3

Hi Ian

Know the feeling time flies and before you know it its deadline day. I have to get the airbrush out once I find what I did with the ballast tub to complete track work always misplace stuff

as long as you are making progress that's the main thing unlike myself ripping up areas I took short cuts

and ah nice I hear the 27 has vanished again !!

you will have to send some photos of lion out on the line :)

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Just remembered I promised some close ups of the pallet van couplings for Jeff.

post-6922-0-88749800-1443739237.jpg

Bogie showing the addition of a Bachmann coupling and pocket in place of the oversize Lima loop.

post-6922-0-11130100-1443739246.jpg

Looking down showing the position of the coupling in relation to the van end.

post-6922-0-07926800-1443739255.jpg

Two vans coupled together, much closer but still able to negotiate 2nd radius curves if necessary.

• Like 4

Great photos of Tidworth Paul, love the 33 and TC.

Ian, I always liked the UKF vans, remember seeing them locally:

5511969209_6dfe0f976a.jpg47320 arriving at Witham from Braintree by Justin Perkins, on Flickr

OCAs were also used:

4417308421_df9116d35a_z.jpg?zz=137354 leaves Braintree yard by Justin Perkins, on Flickr

Thought that might be of interest as you could also have OCAs being used on this working, gives a bit of variety.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thought that might be of interest as you could also have OCAs being used on this working, gives a bit of variety.

What like these two you mean?  ;)

post-6922-0-45219000-1443803352.jpg

Or perhaps an OBA like this one?

post-6922-0-92610600-1443803367.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

That is exactly what I was thinking Ian! Apologies if I missed photos of OCAs earlier in your thread!

Cracking weathering on the wagons by the way!

No worries Alex they've only had the'treatment' recently in preparation for Christchurch so I don't think they've been pictured before.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Phil

I'm looking forward to it and you maybe busier this time as there's only three of us confirmed. Come over one evening if you want to get reacquainted with the signals in preparation! ;)

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris

If you're coming too then there's four of us. Maybe you and Phil could come over one evening, if not I think Stu is coming early on the first day to get some training in before the punters turn up.