The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2014 - March 22/23

BRMExhibitions

Don't know whether it's common knowledge but 'Britannia' will be departing from Kings Cross at 0930 on Sunday! EMUs take about 15 minutes to get to Alexandra Park as a guide time. UK Mainline Steam 2014 website refers.

According to my sources, it's 70013 Oliver Cromwell.

(it's handy that my son has just started working for FCC, :secret: ) 

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I hear they're putting 'Do not feed' signs on all the stands/layouts.

Oh good - that means I don't need to buy a pack of choc digestives to keep my operators happy.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

According to my sources, it's 70013 Oliver Cromwell.

(it's handy that my son has just started working for FCC, :secret: ) 

Jeff

According to the Icons of Steam Facebook page it will be Braunton deputising for 70000.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Owen 

(attempting Saturday depending on what time I finish work)

• RMweb Premium

Wheal Elizabeth shall be making the trip up to the big smoke later on today. Do come along and say hello if you're passing.

Must remember to take the air brake stock this time, ahem...

• RMweb Gold

Phil Parker will be at the show, displaying the BRM Project layout 'Edgeworth' from the January, February and March issues of the magazine.

He'll also be showing some of his other projects that have appeared in the magazine, including his new 'Pizza Layout'

Will he add mozarella as a special for Ally Pally?

Probably not - but some people might attach credence to unsubstantiated rumours, about old Lima rolling stock wheels being used to cut the "pizza". *

I could not possibly comment.

(* Back in the 70s and 80s, some of the wheels supplied fitted to RTR locomotives and rolling stock had flanges so deep that some people started calling them "pizza cutters". Certain Lima items were notorious for this.)

Huw.

Hi,

Just this minute decided to go, probably on my own at this stage, on the Sunday, even if it does mean a start at silly o'clock at Fareham Station!

Looks like a good show and will be nice to see some RMweb guys!

Simon

• Administrators

The London Festival of Railway Modelling opens tomorrow at 10am tomorrow! (9.30 for pre-booked)

Be sure to visit the BRM boys and take advantage of their expert knowledge, exclusive subs offer, presentations at the MRL theatre, Phil Parker's Edgeworth and much more!

Don't forget that RMweb members can meet up at the cafe to the left of the organ!

The German Railway Society stand is also set up although it then took two hours to do the 26 miles home.

Anyway, I hope to be there bright and early tomorrow and look forward to seeing people there.

Tony

Seemed strange without Hornby and Simon Kohler there today.

I bet....even though Hornby is a sponsor right? Certainly I thought it odd when I heard they would not be exhibiting (as I mentioned, nay questioned in an earlier post)...even though they are still listed on the exhibitor list. I think you'll find Simon might be walking around at some point tomorrow :-)

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Mr Castle and a tribe of his fellow Didcot volunteers will be putting in an appearance so say hello if you see us!

All the best,

Castle

Castle,

In view of your possible presence and our possibility of meeting each other I will bring with me photocopies of the sketches of broad gauge engines which I mentioned a while back.

I knew Simon was leaving but with Dapol and Bachmann attending it feels odd that Hornby will be absent at what is, with Warley, one of the largest UK model railway showcases - oh well, greater minds than mine are responsible for such decisions I guess.

Archived