Hornby's Best Ever Models

robmcg

Very handy, the Shack won't fit in my spray booth in one piece - it also makes the process of adding transfers very easy.

Nice bit of "Design Clever"?

What you need is a Bulleid to weather.     It'll ground you.    :)

Especially if it's a Leader.

Grounded and going nowhere!

This should bring things back to earth, just received s/h from Hattons at UKP56 unboxed and only a few pars fell off in transit to NZ. Cab doors, then the driver's seat fell out due to my ham-fistedness.

lovely model, smooth runner, but I certainly should not attempt to touch or repair modern models. 

post-7929-0-23435100-1545195162_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

What you need is a Bulleid to weather.     It'll ground you.    :)

There are a couple of Bulleid's in my to do pile, but alas I don't seem to get any closer to them - as Swindon's finest get in the way...

... including this rare beastie - that turned up today from eBay, with nothing missing or fallen off and a superb runner..

post-7000-0-35962400-1545246786_thumb.jpg

Oh and just to keep the plane nuts happy...

post-7000-0-86562400-1545246998_thumb.jpg

Props are currently having their decals added (9 per prop - 72 in total) - currently 24 decals left to go!

• Like 2

Although illustrated in the Duchess thread already, it was a very time consuming task to create this pic from three video screen shots with closeup distortion etc to be removed, and I think the model is beginning to look rather good.

but I would say that, having bought two of them...

post-7929-0-46619800-1545334548_thumb.jpg

Nice Avro flying machines btw.

• Like 1

Wanna Bathtub!

The decorated sample of the "LMS Crimson" version KGVI is showcased in the Hornby Engine Shed blog today, looking every bit as good as the Caly Blue one!

Sometime next month...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

Wanna Bathtub!

The decorated sample of the "LMS Crimson" version KGVI is showcased in the Hornby Engine Shed blog today, looking every bit as good as the Caly Blue one!

Sometime next month...

Next month for the Nelson SR 851 'Sir Francis Drake' it seems, although Hornby say they have it, retailers are all confused, some saying 2-3 days others saying next month, I think Hornby's desire for cash may be involved in it all,   since some retailers have been saying 2-3  days for two weeks now! 

Scrap that, Kernows have more than 10 now...   not sure about Rails, Hattons and others...

Edit, Rails have it Hattons still say 'available December'.

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1

For those still in doubt about the blue Coronation ...   here it is with some sympathetic editing, especially of coaches. :)

At Thankerton near Carstairs, 1938, Beattock bank ahead..

post-7929-0-25546000-1545513755_thumb.jpg

I tried it with crimson Stanier carriages as these blue engines must have regularly been seen, but it didn't look quite right....

• Like 4

Hornby's King Arthur set the bar pretty high when it came to Hornby's Best Ever Model - I think the bar's been raised even higher by their new Lord Nelson ..

attachicon.gif851_lhfan.jpg

attachicon.gif851_rhfan.jpg

My thoughts exactly!   Lovely photos toboldlygo, excellent!

edit; if one thought of RTR manufacturing as an art, Hornby are certainly masters of it at the moment. 

Edited by robmcg

• RMweb Gold

Well, this blue machine looks alright with a bit of sympathetic photography and editing...

attachicon.gif6221_coronation_portrait17_2abc_r1200.jpg

No folding wings or arrester hook though  :sungum:  :sungum:

I'll raise this Green Beauty (seen elsewhere on the forum)

post-7000-0-60224400-1546468322_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-13254300-1546468348_thumb.jpg

And what happens when I get my hands on a Hornby Hall...

post-7000-0-22331400-1546468428_thumb.jpg

post-7000-0-99265900-1546468455_thumb.jpg

.. she's been upgraded (sprung buffer's, separately fitted hand rails, smoke box dart, etched plates and decals).

• Like 2

Wings folded - takes up less room. I've got three more Trumpeter Royal Navy Aircraft which I'll do the same with..

Sea Vixen should look impressive, big beast though so folding wings seems good idea. When i went to the FAA museum last year many of the naval aircraft on display had their wings folded, certainly got more planes in that way!

Is one of your Trumpeter aircraft their new Fairey Albacore by any chance?

• RMweb Gold

Sea Vixen should look impressive, big beast though so folding wings seems good idea. When i went to the FAA museum last year many of the naval aircraft on display had their wings folded, certainly got more planes in that way!

Is one of your Trumpeter aircraft their new Fairey Albacore by any chance?

The last time I went to the FAA Museum, I had unrestricted access to the Historic Flight aircraft ;)

Alas no Trumpeter Albacore, the kits I've got are: Supermarine Attacker, Hawker/AW Sea Hawk, DH Sea Hornet NF21 & Fairey Firefly (Special Hobby)

• RMweb Gold

The Sea Vixen started life as the DH 110 IIRC and an early version was involved in a fatal crash at the Farnborough Air Show while being put through its paces for spectators,some of whom died in the tragedy..

I well remember FAA Yeovilton and the September air show held there in the 1970’s as my parents lived a couple of miles away.

• Like 2