• RMweb Premium

Painting Hood in Intercity livery wouldn't be my choice, although I agree it does look pretty good !!

As I said when Ark Royal was painted in LoadHaul livery, I'd rather be able to see them like that than not be able to see them at all !

And who are we to tell the owners how to play with their toys?! :)

Cheers,

Phil.

Hood does indeed look excellent in InterCity, this could have been 90's reality if Chris Green had managed to persuade IC to take them off his hands in his long quest to rid NSE of the things...(un)fortunately they were having none of it though!

Presumably a lot of bodywork has been repaired too, as the loco was looking decidedly worse for wear around various apertures last time I saw it up close at Swanage a while ago.

A mainline return would be nice as 50's have been rather lacking recently, though 31 seems to have retired from that since the generator problem at Chester some years ago?

I'm sure it'll look even better when Midi and the other 50 Alliance lads have fully embellished it :sungum:

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

So my favourite class and my first bit of scanning of my old prints (there are a hell of a lot more!!!!!!!)

50 050 and 50 007 at Yeovil Junction on The Terminator Railtour back in 1994

attachicon.gif50050 50007 Yeovil Jct 26MAR94.jpg

I would've pressed "like", but 007 looks bl**dy awful......

I showed Mac my current rendition of 007 at the weekend and I think he approved.................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I would've pressed "like", but 007 looks bl**dy awful......

I showed Mac my current rendition of 007 at the weekend and I think he approved.................

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

I'm not old enough to remember 007 in anything but Green !! :no:

It looked (& sounded) ace at the weekend, just a bit lonely, it needs a friend !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

So my favourite class and my first bit of scanning of my old prints (there are a hell of a lot more!!!!!!!)

50 050 and 50 007 at Yeovil Junction on The Terminator Railtour back in 1994

attachicon.gif50050 50007 Yeovil Jct 26MAR94.jpg

Funny old world isn't it, I was standing over the other side near that van somewhere having just alighted from the train for a quick pic!

Pic now unfortunately lost in the midst of time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A dog's eye view of 50013 Agincourt as she waits for the RA at Oxford with one of the hourly Paddington expresses, booked to stop only at Reading. No date sadly but it must have been around 1984ish. Just after taking this photo I was very surprised to see a pair of 20s approaching from the south on empty cartics. I legged it across to the down platform (in those days I could do such things without risking a heart attack) and managed to get a shot as they stopped for a couple of minutes at the north end of the down through road. I'll post said picture in the Class 20 thread when I've tidied it up a bit.

post-17370-0-36978300-1490358906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 15

I love that photo - takes me straight back to my teen years in Oxford. A large logo 50 throbbing away in the rain, with warm diesel fumes swirling back towards the platform canopy, the route cleared onto the Up Main and the prospect of a full power notch 7 thrash from a standing start, roaring away past Hinksey and Kennington. Deep joy - thank you for sharing. And the 20s would have been seriously rare in 1984 (I remember the shock of seeing a pair spluttering round the curve through Goring around the same time) - looking forward to seeing that photo too.

David

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

So here's another view of 13 on the same train at Oxford but taken from the bottom of the platform ramp. I thought large logo livery particularly suited the 50s and was the best they ever wore except, perhaps, for the black roof and red buffer beam that some of them got later on.

post-17370-0-04030900-1490372386_thumb.jpg

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Love the MW cable hooked up on the lamp bracket, I've modelled one with a twist in the cable, but might have to have a go at replicating that !

Agree about LL being the best livery for them, especially with Black roof & Red bufferbeam variation, & if ploughs were fitted too, that was the ultimate !! :sungum:

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

Love the MW cable hooked up on the lamp bracket, I've modelled one with a twist in the cable, but might have to have a go at replicating that !

Agree about LL being the best livery for them, especially with Black roof & Red bufferbeam variation, & if ploughs were fitted too, that was the ultimate !! :sungum:

Cheers,

Phil.

Number 24 then. Penzance 11 April 1987:

post-7112-0-63770400-1490380645_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

A dog's eye view of 50013 Agincourt as she waits for the RA at Oxford with one of the hourly Paddington expresses, booked to stop only at Reading. No date sadly but it must have been around 1984ish. Just after taking this photo I was very surprised to see a pair of 20s approaching from the south on empty cartics. I legged it across to the down platform (in those days I could do such things without risking a heart attack) and managed to get a shot as they stopped for a couple of minutes at the north end of the down through road. I'll post said picture in the Class 20 thread when I've tidied it up a bit.

attachicon.gif50013 at Oxford 2.jpg

Lovely evocative shot that, very nice.... '13 appeared in LL livery in '84 and was (pretty sure) the last one of the six blue refurbs to be given the livery.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Any chance of a date for that one Phil........I had it for haulage with the black roof in 1986 but it didn't have ploughs then..........cool pic regardless  :sungum:

We've been mates long enough for you to know I'll have absolutely no idea what date the pic was taken !! :dontknow:  :mosking:

cheers,

Phil.