Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

Yes I agree, the new South West Digital U Drive is probably on balance better though, along with Paul Chetter's version on Zimo + Tony Molinuex's on ESU.  Plenty to choose from, even got YouChoos and of course the World Famous Olivia Trains.

Our thoughts were simple for our 8F.  We thought we would record an 8F, no LMS Heavy Steam from us, just a pure and simple 8F.   Listen at the shows for it, you might!   Like it.    Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

English bucket & spade packed away! Now our Scottish big bucket & JCB is out for the next leg of the world tour.   YES its St Andrews in Fife, the land of Class 68s, Pints of Heavy and of course Bonny Prince Charlie (No Relation).   We have re-allocated the 8F to Thornton Junction for running trials.    See you there.   Aye the noo!!

Charlie,

That 8f was last spotted heading North at Rannoch.

I got to have a play with the 8f when we set Rannoch up at St Andrews tonight hauling my West Coast Railway set of. Mark 1's. It's certainly very impressive already and sounded really good running on the layout.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Since you've asked, a Class 14 recording session will be taking place next month. If this is sucessful you might see a chip before the end of the year.

Bif

Fantastic will look forward to hearing that as I've got a very quiet O gauge class 14 here, just make sure you dont record 14901!.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I assume the World Tour will be taking in both Wigan and Gaydon in October?

I would dearly like to hear (and see) your recent mods to the Deltic (class 55)

Will it be on demo at these venues?

Regards,

Alan

Indeed it will; Wigan, Gaydon, Peterborough and Warley for Charlie and I before the year's out, and Charlie will no doubt take the show to a handful more on his own.

I will make sure we have a Deltic or two. Steve our sound fitter / experimenter extraordinaire is on about Mk4 speaker-fit now and each is slightly better than the previous one. We've also come across a brand new speaker which has a step-change in bass performance. It really is a game-changer. I've auditioned all the really bassy locos through it (55, 56, 60, 68 etc) and it is jaw-droppingly good. You would think you were listening to an O gauge loco with a huge speaker, in fact it's smaller than a standard bass reflex. Charlie is presently sourcing stocks at a reasonable price and we should have some available soon.

All being well I'll also be bringing a Kernow Thumper that sounds really good, a Ruston 37 with very realistic 'flaming exhausts' ( ! ) and a brand new loco, the release of which is fairly imminent. Oh, and Legoman will have a new outfit for Wigan :-)

Bif

Ooh! This is sounding good! - pun intended..

Maybe your new speaker find could work in other loco's ?

Keep us all advised, I can feel there will be a lot of interest.

I've just put a YouChoos re-blow into my new Baby Deltic, and with a standard sugarCube inside, and a larger sugarCube in the tank, I suddenly got introduced to the world of Napier! And I remembered Charlie's musings on the twin-engined jobby..

And I'm thinking... Birthday present to self looming...

Regards,

Alan

I know you were filming the layouts but not our 8F project, to all those who are getting confused the Steam projects are part of our new Locoman Range and is not produced by Legomanbiffo, we are trying to compliment the Diesel & Electric range with some 'Nice' Steam projects, early days in the development stage. Looking promising though!!

Thanks again for the footage.  Charlie

Hi Bif/Charlie,

I had a play with the Ruston 37 on Rannoch and its superb. We also had the Thumper on tour. Was that new Bass speaker fitted in the 56 I was running as that was also very impressive.

I must also add my thanks to Bif for the 2 class 66 decoders that I got prior to St Andrews for fitting to a pair of locos for the layout.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

OH NO!!!    The season is starting:   The World Tour goes to deepest Lancashire at the Blackburn Model Rail show, this is held at a town called Church, near Accrington, 5 minutes drive off the motorway.  A rather large show in a Leisure Centre, easy parking too.  See you there.  Attached is our new Locoman Logo!

Charlie

post-3411-0-97174700-1440837307.jpg

OH NO!!!    The season is starting:   The World Tour goes to deepest Lancashire at the Blackburn Model Rail show, this is held at a town called Church, near Accrington, 5 minutes drive off the motorway.  A rather large show in a Leisure Centre, easy parking too.  See you there.  Attached is our new Locoman Logo!

Charlie

Charlie, PORCA MISERIA, the Italian flag is Green White and Red, the way round if i am not getting.... More Loco!!!!

Edited by trenino

• RMweb Gold

Do you know where there are any working examples of the type you're referring to - preserved railways etc?

Hi ian,

Charlie already knows the answer to that question.....

http://www.ribblesteam.org.uk/exhibits/diesel/16-br-class-05-d2595-1959

Yes - and not too far away from him!

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Hi ian,

Charlie already knows the answer to that question.....

http://www.ribblesteam.org.uk/exhibits/diesel/16-br-class-05-d2595-1959

Yes - and not too far away from him!

Thanks

That's in another county............. He needs a passport to get out of Yorkshire.

Cheers,

Mick