Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

That's in another county............. He needs a passport to get out of Yorkshire.

Cheers,

Mick

In that case...

Better not tell anyone at the East Lancashire Railway either!

Hmmmm.

I wonder where passport control is?

Of course - if he were chipped he could use a virtual passport.

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Will find one although the one I though of is at the Middleton but doesn't have a Gardner. Charlie may also know of one.

There seems to be no real industrial sounds and yet JE kits have sold lots of Hunslets diesel kits!

Baz

• 3 weeks later...

The world tour continues, Scaleforum at  Aylesbury is this weekend.   See you there.    Charlie

Coming up next weekend (This one I am sunbathing) is the Largest show in the North of England (Sadly its in Lancashire!!!!) YES its Wigan, (Pronounced Wigin).

This honestly is large!  always quality layouts, 3 halls and plenty to see.  It's always busy for us so we recommend 'Pre-Ordering' to be safe as we don't want to let you down.

Shopping Centre next door for the wife, quality sounds from us (Ideal early Christmas presents for the kids).  Wigan pier round the corner and the FIRST appearance of Legoman with his Flat Hat and a Pie!     Next year he will be talking!!!!!!     And Charlie might have some competition.

See you there.  Ian & Charlie (PPS Ian is recording on Sunday sounds for a Heljan loco in Preston)  So he will be there Saturday only!!   (Basy Lugger)  

• RMweb Premium

Coming up next weekend (This one I am sunbathing) is the Largest show in the North of England (Sadly its in Lancashire!!!!) YES its Wigan, (Pronounced Wigin).

Pedant alert:

Wigan is no longer in Lancashire - we got rid of it ages ago. It's a metropolitan borough of Greater Manchester.  (much like Rochdale & Oldham, the residents of which still often claim to live in Lancashire......)

Cheers,

Mick

He's getting a black pudding instead of a pie, Ecky Thump style! It's getting made tonight. My daughter, who normally makes dog collars, coats and leads etc is invoicing me for it and the hat. A legitimate business expense if you ask me, promotional material obviously.

Money grabbers! Runs in the family!!

Well.  That's Wigan over, sat hear watching the television, (Sorry working very hard).   OH NO!    It Hornby Live at Gaydon in two days!!!    Better get blowing more decoder stock.

Thanks to everyone who has advised us of your want's!!  It helps as we are normally busy, as last weekend proved with 3 X Decoder programmers working flat out, AND we still had people waiting too long.  Sorry for that.   See you in Gaydon.  IF you have not been its a cracking show with a FREE museum attached!!!   Well worth the fee to get in, parking easy but I was told the Motorway Junction is closed so I suggest you check on the Highways Agency website to save any frustration, the junctions either side are straightforward and the old road follows the motorway so no farther to drive.

Its the Foss Way for me.      Charlie

PPS   Then Peterborough BRM (Its all go!)

He's getting a black pudding instead of a pie, Ecky Thump style! It's getting made tonight. My daughter, who normally makes dog collars, coats and leads etc is invoicing me for it and the hat. A legitimate business expense if you ask me, promotional material obviously.

Legoitimate,  even.

Oh No.  Light, Sound, Action, Camera!     Now not just sound.

PPS We 5 X Class 37s going to the Blackpool Illuminations!

The only thing that worries me is......do diesel exhausts flame this much once started and warmed up? Love the idea though and very similar to firebox effect on the steam engine decoders usually linked into the sound of the firebox door opening and closing with an additional function to do the coal shovel sounds.

• Like 1

In general no, but the Ruston 37 is quite well known for it. If you check out the above video of mine on You Tube I've included a couple of links to the real loco doing it, indeed that's where the idea came from. I've also heard that the real one only does it because something or other is not properly adjusted, and it's doing the engine no good at all. I don't know if there's any truth in that. Just a bit of fun for me and an exercise in what could be achieved.

The only thing that worries me is......do diesel exhausts flame this much once started and warmed up? Love the idea though and very similar to firebox effect on the steam engine decoders usually linked into the sound of the firebox door opening and closing with an additional function to do the coal shovel sounds.

Yes, a few years ago when I was working Horbury Junction a 37 came off shed at Healey Mills and when opened up in the middle of the night it was shooting flames out of the exhaust - I was later told it was due to oil leaking into the exhaust

• 2 weeks later...