Warley at the NEC 2014, 22nd and 23rd November

Robert Shrives

We're back and back at work after a really good week-end wth The End of The Line. We were very kindly awarded Best 7mm Layout - even more surprising given the excellent modelling in abundance at the NEC...

No surprise to me, I could watch your layout all day and as a man of simple tastes I usually prefer roundy-roundies going at full chat - congratulations on a deserved win :)

This was only my second visit to the show and I reckon it was an improvement over my first, two years ago. It seemed less crowded, which I hope was down to bigger aisles and better planning as opposed to numbers being down.

A pleasure to meet the Rapido guys - if there's a "Most Enthusiastic Exhibitor" award and they didn't win then I demand an enquiry!

Plenty of excellent layouts and once again I found myself really enjoying the narrow gauge part of the exhibition. This isn't a sign, is it? :O

Understandable, when I first caught a glimpse I thought "impressive size but a bit dull without anything else" then stood there watching them for quite some time. I love it if something ends up catching my interest that I wouldn't have thought I'd be bothered about (particularly considering how outright cynical I usually am!)

It sounds like you may have thought that it was a risk going but I'm glad that it also sounds like one that was worth taking and I look forward to seeing these again in the future.

Heya Reorte

Thanks for that. For us this was very much a toe in the water display, so we took a gamble to go as a small team with lots of stuff to see how it went. Obviously being a big scale it'd be quite an investment to get scenery sorted for a non permenant layout, so we ended up borrowing buildings from a permenant railway and track from various sources. But it all seems to have paid off really well, there were people for staying good lengths of time, as you say, just watching! Its fascinating even to me still! The video also had people watching for ages too!

Hopefully if we come back again, as we'd like to certainly, we'll look to polish off those little edges and bring some different stock and improve on our first outing and have some fun this time instead of just getting over the worrying! :P

Cheers again

Mark

Made it from Norway for the second year running. Very interesting to see the big layouts I had read about in the model press. I liked both Alloa and Leicester South, although tha latter suffered from being quite poorly lit. The GWR layout, whose name I have forgotten, also had a lot of movement going on, which made it very interesting. Best presentation I thought was Black Country Blues, with it's curving photographic backscene making it very life-like. It was also very well lit, and I liked the sight of a very young boy operating it from one end. A nice change to all those grey haired chaps ;-) (no offence, as many of these are very polite and understanding when I ask them all kinds of stupid questions, due to my limited knowledge of how British railways operated). Of the N gauge layout I liked both Waton and Banbury, but to me, the most interesting in the 9mm range was Kirkham Abbey, presented in a height that made you a part of the scene. Also had chats with the operators of St. Ruth and Meadow Lane Depot, which had Mr Bean trying to get into his car. An enjoyable week end, where I took away a lot of inspiration to continue working on my layouts at home!

attachicon.gifwar06.jpgattachicon.gifwar03.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments......we enjoyed ourselves  Kirkham Abbey will be out again in a year

A huge vote of thanks to Paul Jones and his team for inviting my colleagues and I from Bodmin & District MRC to attend the show with Old Elms Road. A really enjoyable show (albeit physically exhausting!) which culminated in us winning the Railway Modeller Trophy. Absolutely delighted to have been there and to receive so many favourable comments from the viewing public over the weekend.

My only regret is not having had the chance to get around the whole show to see everything else that was there

Well its the second time I have attended the show at the NEC as a layout operator, and the first with my own layout. I have to say, I was a little apprehensive about it, even more so when I arrived on friday evening in a rainstorm, the poor NEC staff standing out in the rain directing people who were there to play toy trains, they were either paid well, or as mad as the rest of us. Once into hall 5 the Warley members took over, and they were fine, parked me up near to my location, all in all, everything was spot on.

On the Saturday, I travelled in by train, and this is were the only problem of the whole event was encountered, the crowd waiting to get in at 8.45 was that big there were several of us who needed the help of the NEC staff to get to the exhibitors entrance! and was probably to do with the big Bachmann sell off.

Paul Jones took time to come and have a chat, which considering how many exhibits there were was a nice touch. To appreciate the scale of it all, it hit you when you went to lunch, ok there was a queue but it moved quickly, but a complete hall 5 restaurant, just to feed the exhibitors (and I believe it was just the layout operators and demonstrators) what a massive undertaking.

All in all (to use some Black Country) I had a bostin weekend, and have no real complaints, and a big thank you for been invited to attend such an event, and here's to the next one

Blimey, who mentioned lighting...?

No matter what you do and what is or isn't lit, there is still the horrible colour cast it generates, no wonder you can't get near the layouts if it takes punters several minutes for their eyes to adjust, especially on a gloomy November day when there is little daylight coming in from outside.

Actually you did and then went on to say that you didn't attend.

The lighting is one of the reasons why I choose not to hop on the 900 bus and be at the door in half an hour. There are many factors within the range of issues that can create a less than favourable atmosphere for an exhibition, and I am convinced that creating an air of negativity only leads to a pessimistic and unhealthy viewpoint and spoils what should otherwise be an enjoyable event for others.

• RMweb Gold

For us this was very much a toe in the water display, so we took a gamble to go as a small team with lots of stuff to see how it went. Obviously being a big scale it'd be quite an investment to get scenery sorted for a non permenant layout, so we ended up borrowing buildings from a permenant railway and track from various sources. But it all seems to have paid off really well,

Great idea though to take it up to that scale and the loco and stock detail meant the lack of scenery didn't matter. Having done G scale displays with grass mats and mini trees I think you'd need a artic to do the same for that!

Both the 5 inch and Gauge 3 St Ives were highlights of this show for me. :)

Cracking show as ever loved the 5 inch especially the class 37 think I may have got over excited seeing that good to see some fellow RM web's Mick and Mike also really enjoyed Hinksley yard cracking modern image layout with plenty going on. Is it just me though that has no problem with the NEC lights asking as I can see were I'm going and don't crash into things who cares most layouts have there own lighting anyway. Look forward to next year and hope one day to be able to display my own layout there

Seeing as our intrepid band of long distance travellers made the annual North Devon to Warley Saturday pilgrimage, I thought I'd add my two pennorth.

I was feeling rather less than perfectly rested, having got back from Heathrow just three hours earlier, so possibly my view is slightly jaundiced.

To set the scene, it's just gone 05-30 on a cold, pre-dawn meet up, just outside Barnstaple, with muttered voices we shuffled about waiting for the latecomers to get there.

The only noise to pierce the darkness was the cheerful jabbering of Vince, who apparently had lost his volume control.

Once we had all mustered, we rammed our various backpacks, thermos flasks, wooden legs etc into the boot.

Our chosen steed for the long drag up to the NEC was Ian's magical Mazda (lovely car, shame about the CD choice!) & we made good time bowling up a near empty M5.

After a stop for a much needed injection of caffeine, & a mass emptying of various bladders, we heralded the dawn with community moaning.

Young Vince was fast approaching full hyperactivity, telling one & all about his Warley wish list, so we took a vote & I narrowly lost with my suggestion that he should run behind the car for the rest of the journey. Better luck next time!

Cut to us finally approaching the NEC roundabout on the M42 after a pleasant journey across the kingdom.

In his wisdom, Ian decided to jump the queue & cut up two rather burly gentlemen squeezed into a very small red car.

The rest of us were laughing so much that Ian took the 'wrong' exit on the roundabout trying to avoid our two new friends who were cheerfully waving to us, I think!

The disaster was avoided by Ian spotting a fast approaching exit which would get us almost to the front doorstep of the NEC.

Our two very large friends were in the queue for the car park right in front of us, so we all became rather quiet (except Vince).

We parted with the traditional parking tenner, handing it over to the Lone Ranger & his mate Tonto, squashed into their festive parking booth.

Four of us had pre-booked tickets, so in true Top Gear style, we abandoned Tom who had to stand in line & wait his turn for later entry, none of us laughed, honest!

However, he did enjoy a very good view of various young ladies in very skimpy costumes attending the bike show & Comiccom, we did venture out for research purposes only....honest!

Warley did not disappoint, plenty of quality layouts, loads of traders, & for a very short while, vacant seats in the old b#ggers rest area.

Poor old Robin looked as if he'd spent the last few hours in a war zone, so, once again, we abandoned him in true Barnstaple MRC style, Tom announced to one & all that he honestly wasn't going to spend anything at the show, so it seemed strange that he had a bulging bag at the end of the day (oooer!) 

A couple of things which were apparent, some of the traders had much smaller stands than previous years, also there seemed a lot of clear space behind the hoardings, so we couldn't figure if this year's show was smaller than previous exhibitions. 

We were so pleased to see so many of the layouts first thing, because when we went back for second viewings it was a mass brawl of massive lens cameras, i-pads, bulging rucksacks used as battering rams, jolly folk with an obvious greater need to see the layouts than the polite people who patiently waited. Ho hum!

The kid friendly Thomas based layout was a triumph, please take note other show organisers, get the kids in & the Dads will spend money!

Personal hygiene was an absolute priority for the Famous Five, having suffered a fair few 'honkers' at our annual show, & the great unwashed were at Warley in force. I actually checked the soles of my shoes after standing next to one bloke when I realised the odour was coming from his 'trouser area', I believe it is commonly termed a biohazard. As the day went by it rapidly became compost corner, as various whiffs started to ooze from anorak clad smellies.

A couple of the traders were a bit snappy & short with us, but we put that down to tiredness, I just hope they were happier on the Sunday.

Ian walked up with a look of shock on his face & in his inimmitable Black Country whine " I bin to two f@*%in stands & there's no show discount, it's the same f@*%in price as in the f@*%in shops, so I'm not f@*%in buyin nuthin!!" he does get quite poetic at times.

Our absolute bestest bit was the scruffy cardboard box on the floor of the Modal Rail stand, with a felt tip message 'All items £3 each' scrawled across the top.

We fell on it like starving vultures, & even took to chinese burns & pinches to our fellow BMRC-ers, but we all ended up with numerous boxed Skaledale buildings, road vehicles, 00 & N gauge stock, plus hoards of other 'precious things' clutched in our sweaty mits

It was nice to meet up with Richard, Liam & Ray at Orchard Road, & we celebrated by dumping our heap of backpacks, anoraks, sarnie boxes etc under the layout.

I think I must have been suffering some form of jet lag or altitude sickness, because I managed to part with over £40 at the Dart Castings stand.

How on earth I'm going to explain a rather small paper bag of figures for such a price is beyond me, so I've hidden them in the garage!

Everyone got just about everything on their shopping lists, & Ian scored on the Dapol stand with a returned 9F & prairie for absolute bargain prices

By the end of the day, we were all suffering from weariness after being on our feet all day ( no Robin, I won't give you a piggy-back to the car park!) so we had a final meet up before starting the journey home.

Robin being the eldest of the gang claimed 'shotgun' & jumped into the front passenger seat ( he was quick enough then, & not too tired!), whilst Tom & I wrestled Vince into the back seat & subdued him by applying pressure to various parts of his anatomy.

The three & a half hour journey home seemed to fly by for all except Ian who was our pilot for the day out, & I rather think that community snoring was heard from various parts of the car during the trip.

We got home battered & bruised, every one of us loaded down with carrier bags & vowing never to go again, but just wait till next year, we'll be back!!

Well done to everyone concerned, Exhibitors, traders, 

Well, I made my first trip to the Warley show for the first time in many years, having been previously put off from returning by the perennial traffic problems; organised chaos elsewhere known as parking; and the NEC Security, all of whom appeared at that time to be East German Stasi rejects!  Not to mention the lack of seating in the hall; shambolic and eye-wateringly priced catering; and the horrendous over-crowding!

So after my lengthy absence, what has changed in 2014?  I took the advice of a number of members on here and drove to Marston Green to take the train from there.  By doing so I avoided the traffic chaos in and around the NEC and save the King's Ransom that the NEC demand for the dubious privilege of having them "look after" your car.  Brilliant suggestion, many thanks guys!  The NEC Security staff are less jobs-worth and very helpful, something I suspect to do with the fact that they are now licensed and closely regulated by the SIA. 

Getting in and out of the hall was commendably quick, but once inside the crowds appeared, if anything, to be worse than ever!  On the plus side though there was a good increase in seating if you wanted to take a break from the hurly burly.  However, the catering was dire as usual, over-priced, and served by people with little concept of catering or customer service!  I too encountered a person on a mobility scooter - said person, I hesitate to refer to him as a "gentleman", drove over my foot, nearly knocking me over and when I politely (under the circumstances) remonstrated with him told me in no uncertain terms to attempt an act which is anatomically physically impossible!  My friend who was with me is still unsure how I managed to leave this individual still alive!  don't get me wrong, I have every sympathy with anyone who has a disability, but not when they seem either intent on increasing their number aat our expense!

Will I make the journey to the NEC in 2015?  Very doubtful - a hobby is supposed to be something that you enjoy!

Went up on Saturday with my father, who had never been before.

We both enjoyed it immensely, so well done and thank you to the Warley Club, the NEC and all the exhibitors and traders - and to Arriva Cross Country for an easy and on-time journey each way. My father is already pencilling in next year's dates....

Yes, there were a few layouts where nothing much was happening,but out of nearly 100 there were bound to be a few. 

The only slight disappointment for me was that there wasn't anything particularly innovative there this year (like the working bicycle, the upside-down fiddle yard or the railcar getting smaller as it went up the valley that we've had in previous years). However a lot of excellent layouts and plenty to buy! As usual stayed right until closing time...

I really think despite the scale of the task in hand after so many years (decades) they might have got it together by now! I read in the latest RM in an interview that Warley might be in it's last decade, and well to be honest with other shows doing really well and many people i know both exhibitors and visitors now giving it a miss that might not be a bad thing. 

The sense I got from the article was that the NEC was booked for the next three years, and after that there are too many unpredictable variables - but I'm sure those unpredictabilities have existed for all shows of any size ever since the very first model show was held. I certainly wouldn't make a definite prediction that my own show would still be on the go in three years' time (though I have now booked the hall and one layout for 2016...).

As to wishing the show closes down, most of the people I saw seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yes, there are other big shows but in terms of layouts for admission fee I'd say Warley offers the best value for money. Ultimately, if you don't like it, don't go again, but don't wish to deprive others of their enjoyment. Personally I was rather disappointed by another event not all that far from the NEC September (much smaller and similar entry fee to Warley) - but everyone else on the forum who went to that seemed to enjoy themselves so although I might not go to that particular event again myself, I wouldn't wish that to close if others enjoyed themselves.

The sense I got from the article was that the NEC was booked for the next three years, and after that there are too many unpredictable variables - but I'm sure those unpredictabilities have existed for all shows of any size ever since the very first model show was held. I certainly wouldn't make a definite prediction that my own show would still be on the go in three years' time (though I have now booked the hall and one layout for 2016...).

As to wishing the show closes down, most of the people I saw seemed to be enjoying themselves. Yes, there are other big shows but in terms of layouts for admission fee I'd say Warley offers the best value for money. Ultimately, if you don't like it, don't go again, but don't wish to deprive others of their enjoyment. Personally I was rather disappointed by another event not all that far from the NEC September (much smaller and similar entry fee to Warley) - but everyone else on the forum who went to that seemed to enjoy themselves so although I might not go to that particular event again myself, I wouldn't wish that to close if others enjoyed themselves.

110% agree with this, if you don't like it don't go, no need to post negativity just for the sake of doing so...

Hi,

Jim Reid and myself would like to thank the Warley organising committee and thier team of helpers for our invite to the show. It was ' Kinlochewe's ' and our first visit to the event and what a fantastic weekend we had - ' awesome ' springs to mind ! The response to the layout was unbelieveable and I can't remember any time when I looked up that there were'nt several people viewing. It was nice to meet and speak with so many RmWebbers who had been following the layout since its conception. On the down side - we spent most of the time behind the backscene - hense the reason I will be back next year as a visitor.Nice touch by Paul Jones to come round and ask how things were and welcome us to the show. My thanks to John Seward for keeping us informed on the run up to the show.

With regards to the moans about the lighting -  I agree the lights are not there to assist the layouts and to those other ' bloopers ' - you have a choice - " DONT GO " :beee: !

Bill + Jim.

• RMweb Gold

First time I've been there, either as exhibitor or punter.

My impressions...horrible place, but everything that size seems to be so. Very hard work ( assisting on layout).....I've been assist prepping 5029 for a main line trip today, even that thing was a doddle in comparison. On the wander round, took in and appreciated the first five or so layouts I stopped at, then it all became a bit of a blur, almost too much to see. Same with demonstrators and traders, thought that most of the box shifters were in a cartel, prices much the same as each other and no benefit from buying at show (I'll carry on letting the postman bring it to me). Having said that one of my fellow exhibitors got in at the Bachmann stand very early on Saturday, spend a couple of hundred quid, had a haggle and ended up getting a Thumper unit with defective lights for £50. Despite our assertions to the contrary he has parents.

Catering for exhibitors was good,served in a very courteous manner by the young staff who were doing so. Organisation I felt was good, we were packed and away in an hour on Sunday, so home at a reasonable hour.

Overall, and I stress a personal view, just too damn big to take in and enjoy, so I'm out, and won't be investing my twelve or whatever quid to come back as a punter.

Yeah Warley MRC - how do you explain all that model announcement duplication this weekend - that's probably all your fault too !!       :no:

Enjoyed the show - thank you.................... :good:

Cos if you guys couldn't be a*rsed then we'd have nothing to enjoy.................. :yes:

EDIT:

Sorry too much sarcasm in there for some folk................

First time I've been there, either as exhibitor or punter.

My impressions...horrible place, but everything that size seems to be so. Very hard work ( assisting on layout).....I've been assist prepping 5029 for a main line trip today, even that thing was a doddle in comparison. On the wander round, took in and appreciated the first five or so layouts I stopped at, then it all became a bit of a blur, almost too much to see. Same with demonstrators and traders, thought that most of the box shifters were in a cartel, prices much the same as each other and no benefit from buying at show (I'll carry on letting the postman bring it to me). Having said that one of my fellow exhibitors got in at the Bachmann stand very early on Saturday, spend a couple of hundred quid, had a haggle and ended up getting a Thumper unit with defective lights for £50. Despite our assertions to the contrary he has parents.

Catering for exhibitors was good,served in a very courteous manner by the young staff who were doing so. Organisation I felt was good, we were packed and away in an hour on Sunday, so home at a reasonable hour.

Overall, and I stress a personal view, just too damn big to take in and enjoy, so I'm out, and won't be investing my twelve or whatever quid to come back as a punter.

Personally I'd say that as a punter it takes a full day to go round the show - and even then more time could be usefully employed! (Which isn't to say there isn't enjoyment to be had for a shorter period if you're prepared to be selective).

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to Paul, Dave and everyone else from the Warley club for making this enormous event happen every year.

I was in a strange hinterland of being half punter/half exhibitor as I was there to enjoy the show but also to talk to anyone who wanted to about our N Gauge Pendolino project.

I did have lots of fun meeting our prospective manufacturing partner Jason Shron of Rapido, and his colleague Bill, and I did seem to spend an awful lot more time than I anticipated either handing out leaflets, putting them on tables, or talking to people about Pendolinos.

Having said that I did manage to enjoy (all to briefly!) Hinksey Yard, St Ruth's, Tanner's Hill, Bournville, Barton Road, Waton and of course the wonderful Banbury which was deserved winner of Best N gauge layout in show. I managed late on Sunday afternoon to go and see the continental N gauge layouts -especially the large French one - after being alerted to their presence by fellow NGS group member St Ives Nick.

In the other scales I was gobsmacked by the massive 5" gauge models, and very impressed with the standard of modelling on Warleigh (I think that's the right name) and many other layouts too numerous to mention.

All in all I did have a great time, though I have to say the NEC lighting is no friend to my cameraphone, or my straining eyesight!

cheers

Ben A.

At Alloa I had intended to say Hi to Jamie (erstwhile of this parish), but despite spending several indulgent periods there absorbed in the superb Clackmannanshire atmosphere, I failed miserably; he must have been touring the event.  Apologies (you could have had some Carlisle-bound EM wheels off me too!).  The Welsh NG layout with surf breakers and some lovely non-cliched cameos deserves mention too (Clydach?).  Blink and you'd miss this masterpiece, though, as it seemed to have a perpetual crowd around it.

Hi Chard, sorry to have missed you.  I got a couple of quick wanders-round (particularly just before opening on the Sunday) but TBH I've had to look up this thread to see what else was there!  I must have been away getting a cuppa or some grub.

Also, thanks to Chris F for the shout and wave - caught me while up to the eyeballs in NBR 0-6-0s and mineral trains or I'd have waved you across for a chat :)

Few others I didn't manage to speak to, or only briefly but there will be other opportunities I'm sure.

Enjoyed the show.  Hard work, very busy on the public side of the barrier lines but nothing like as bad as internet rumour had me believe.  I reckon we were looked after very well.

• RMweb Premium

Good point well made. I mentally prepared myself for the security hassles, expecting to have to jump through hoops etc to get near to the hall to unload my kit. It took 20 minutes on Saturday morning from arriving at the NEC to parking up next to door 5.7 .....

I made sure I read and reread the exhibitor's manual so I was aware of which hoops were required and at what time. Getting out of the public car park on the Saturday evening was the worst though, too 25 minutes.

Agreed about the hoop-jumping. It does smooth the way if you have an idea which hoop to jump through and when. The only one I missed on Saturday morning was the left turn into the south lorry park for my vehicle pass - it wasn't signposted at all.

At 6pm on Saturday, there was the usual surge of people leaving the hall - the last visitors and exhibitors. Mostly heading for the East car parks and wanting to drive home. At about the same time, there was a surge of people arriving for the Kasabian concert in the NEC Arena. Somebody unwisely decide to use spare capacity in the East car park for the arriving crowds, just as the Warley visitors were leaving.......

Completely out of control of the Warley club.

As for over-officious persons in hi-viz, I don't know the exact circumstances of the incident, so can't comment directly but I do have a degree of sympathy for them, as they often have an unpopular job of making sure the hall is clear and there's always someone who wants to hang on to last. Security is an issue and that unfortunately can result in a direct "get out of the hall now approach", although sometimes it can be too direct. I've had to clear halls before now and we do like to get to the pub afterwards.......... With the show being such a large undertaking, the task is correspondingly more difficult.

With regard to not allowing under-16's at breakdown, it's a condition of the NEC and not Warley MRC.

With regard to lighting - it is nothing more than allowing exhibitors to set up and for people to walk round. It is not there to illuminate the exhibits. A "normal" NEC show that is populated by commercial stands need very little external lighting as the stands themselves usually have plenty - they want people to come in and see what they're selling. Any exhibit should be well lit - unless there's a good reason - I took three lamps for my demo stand!

Cheers,

Mick

no problems with getting out of the carpark on Saturday, I had traveled in by train, the 8.30 wedgout express, and shared my first class vestibule, with the girl with glasses from scoby do, a flitstone with a big mallet, two dodgy looking bickers, and a banana, the benefits were, I was downing my first pint in the Wellington brum city center by 6.20!    

• RMweb Gold

With regard to lighting - it is nothing more than allowing exhibitors to set up and for people to walk round. It is not there to illuminate the exhibits. A "normal" NEC show that is populated by commercial stands need very little external lighting as the stands themselves usually have plenty - they want people to come in and see what they're selling. Any exhibit should be well lit - unless there's a good reason - I took three lamps for my demo stand!

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick,

I take that point but while most layouts have their own lighting, they tend not to have the ceilings that stands at a more corporate show would have; so the very pinky/yellow light from above tends to add a harsh cast even on lit models.

Also, very few of the trade stands are lit, and squinting trying to pick out the codes on the ends of lots of similar lined up boxes did send me cross-eyed.  Not that I got much time to shop, sadly: a Farish Tartan Arrow CCT, a Dapol 86 and the Rail Express Modeller's yearbook were my only purchases!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Agreed about the hoop-jumping. It does smooth the way if you have an idea which hoop to jump through and when. The only one I missed on Saturday morning was the left turn into the south lorry park for my vehicle pass - it wasn't signposted at all.

At 6pm on Saturday, there was the usual surge of people leaving the hall - the last visitors and exhibitors. Mostly heading for the East car parks and wanting to drive home. At about the same time, there was a surge of people arriving for the Kasabian concert in the NEC Arena. Somebody unwisely decide to use spare capacity in the East car park for the arriving crowds, just as the Warley visitors were leaving.......

Completely out of control of the Warley club.

As for over-officious persons in hi-viz, I don't know the exact circumstances of the incident, so can't comment directly but I do have a degree of sympathy for them, as they often have an unpopular job of making sure the hall is clear and there's always someone who wants to hang on to last. Security is an issue and that unfortunately can result in a direct "get out of the hall now approach", although sometimes it can be too direct. I've had to clear halls before now and we do like to get to the pub afterwards.......... With the show being such a large undertaking, the task is correspondingly more difficult.

With regard to not allowing under-16's at breakdown, it's a condition of the NEC and not Warley MRC.

Cheers,

Mick

Well said that man.

I do wish however the NEC techies would do a sound level check, as at all times it was too loud and very difficult to understand.

Great exhibition, the best major uk exhibition by a mile or should that be by a chain

Archived