Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Dave you are a lucky man living in Northumberland big sky big vista,s and those beaches wish I was there again.

But remember what winter can sometimes be like!!

David

91124 and set seems like it might be the first complete livery change?

Phil

Thorseby still has coal trains mate. Not for much longer though.

Phil

Summers when the pits closing if I'm right? I used to regularly see them before being exiled, Freightliner and GBRF 66's as well as the ones that ran behind my house before Welbeck pit closed. They run past where I used to play football, bit distracting!

• RMweb Gold

Were you up Thoresby way to see the last of the coal trains?

I don't think I've been back to north Notts since about 1983.

David

91124 and set seems like it might be the first complete livery change?

Phil

Thorseby still has coal trains mate. Not for much longer though.

Phil

I think it is the first full set.

David

A few more.

attachicon.gifUlgham Lane crossing Class 220 down 10 51 10th March 2015 DSC_5470.jpg

Ulgham Lane crossing Class 220 down 10 51 10th March 2015 DSC_5470

attachicon.gifUlgham Lane Crossing 91107 Skyfall down 10 59 10th March 2015 DSC_5475.jpg

Ulgham Lane Crossing 91107 Skyfall down 10 59 10th March 2015 DSC_5475

attachicon.gifUlgham Lane crossing Class 221 up 11 17 10th March 2015 DSC_5480.jpg

Ulgham Lane crossing Class 221 up 11 17 10th March 2015 DSC_5480

The one below has a different version of the Virgin branding.

attachicon.gifUlgham Lane Crossing Class 43 up 11 37 10th March 2015 DSC_5483.jpg

Ulgham Lane Crossing Class 43 up 11 37 10th March 2015 DSC_5483

attachicon.gifUlgham Lane crossing 43319 up 11 42 10th March 2015 DSC_5487.jpg

Ulgham Lane crossing 43319 up 11 42 10th March 2015 DSC_5487

attachicon.gifUlgham Lane crossing 43257 up 11 42 10th March 2015 DSC_5490.jpg

Ulgham Lane crossing 43257 up 11 42 10th March 2015 DSC_5490

David

David,

I think it's only fair you should elaborate on the received pronuciation of these locations!

Regards,

Roy

C2927 has some nice weathering on the 16T minerals.

I enjoyed the coal mine video, some of the best underground shots I've seen. I've been in lots of metal mines, some coal mines too but never seen one like that in full swing, those lads earned every penny. Hard to believe such a vast industry has all but totally disappeared.

Edward

• RMweb Gold

David,

I think it's only fair you should elaborate on the received pronuciation of these locations!

Regards,

Roy

The nearest I can get is Uffum.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Terrific photo's of the ECML today at Longhirst and Ulgham Lane Crossing. Then some good ones of the Cambrian Coast Line. I particularly like C25991, with a class 158 passing through a spectacular landscape.

Please keep the photo's coming,

All the best,

Market65.

I don't normally post the the same bit on two threads, but will do so this once.

Just a very quick comment from me on copyright.

I own the copyright to anything I post or else I have permission to post the image , either because I took the photo or Dad took it, he specifically  left his collection to me together with the rights to the images.  I have permission to use Mum's photos if I ever get that far, though as she is still alive she owns the copyright.

Apart from that I have a very few images  from other people, obtained as swops where we had more than one image of a location/loco.  So far three of them were posted in my black and white thread.

Some years ago I sold a lot of my black and white negatives, I retained the right to use some of them on my own flickr site, again I've used a handful and have no intention of using more as I have colour slides of most of the locations.

If anyone downloads a copy for their own use I'm not bothered, I get annoyed when I find them elsewhere on the web without an acknowledgement.  In those cases I normally contact the person and ask them to remove the image or credit it correctly. 

I'm happy for publishers to use the photos with my permission.

I just hope people enjoy the photos and find them useful.  Putting the images on here, flickr etc also means I do the colour correction etc which means I can sit and get a great deal of enjoyment when I watch them on my TV using my laptop.

I have to admit I'm not sure how I would feel about use of my images by others if I was running a business using my photos, though I assure all of you that I do pay tax on any used by publishers!

David

apologies, cannot edit on this tablet thingy.

Why pay tax? Write to the revenue explaining what a lot of expense you went to taking the photos and they may be generous and say don,t pay tax so long as the income is small.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

apologies, cannot edit on this tablet thingy.

Why pay tax? Write to the revenue explaining what a lot of expense you went to taking the photos and they may be generous and say don,t pay tax so long as the income is small.

Paul

I did have a long discussion with them and we agreed on a suitable figure.

David

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

All the expense in terms of your time if nothing else should also be offset against tax, along with a proportion of your telephone, broadband etc. if they are saying that the proceeds are taxable.

It is, after all, every man's duty to pay tax, however it is every man's duty to pay as little tax as possible

I love the photos, David, particularly around the area where I live now. If trhe taxmabn starts taxing our hobbies, we are lost.

Regards

Ian

Not sure I like the virgin livery on those east coast sets

Agreed - the GNER Livery is the best I've seen on these. Grand Central is not bad on their stock.

East Coast was also good - reminiscent of the Silver Jubilee look (not that I ever saw the SJ stock in service.

Edited by R Marshall

• RMweb Gold

Am I too early again Dave, thread title updated for today - but no pics?

Technical hitch - I had to switch off the PC and then it updated itself which took ages!

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Great photo's today. That last one of the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway is of interest for me, for it is of Fairburn 42085 which worked on Inspection Saloon duties, when the York to Hull, via Market Weighton line was open.

The Derbyshire photo's are interesting, and I particularly like the last of Great Rocks, with 47 532. It is something that is very modellable.

Please keep the photo's coming,

All the best,

Market65.