Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, DaveF said:

Offhand I can't remember when the tramway became a full circuit but I'll have a look through my Beamish things when I get  time.

David

I've had a look and as far as I know the tramway became a continuous run round the site in 1993.

David

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

J10953 - love the 08 shunting the stock from the middle. You don't see it very often but it certainly happened at various locations. I would like to see it done on an exhibition layout, just for the reactions you would get!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Beamish photo’s. All are of interest, and what an excellent photo’ of the preserved NER clerestory roofed luggage composite carriage in C9128. I wonder if it’s still as pristine today?

The Carlisle photo’s are as interesting as ever, and in C15435, with 47575 on an up parcels train on the 24th October, 1990, the red livery looks good and gives a good sense of identity.

With warmest regards,

Rob..

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the latest Cumbrian Coast line photo’s all of which are of interest. What a bleak scene in C19771, at Seascale, with 153332, on a Carlisle to Barrow service on the 24th August, 1994. I think it sums up just how the coast line is on such days.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

Every time that you post some windswept Cumbrian coast photographs, it reminds me that (apart from the Borders Railway) it is the longest section of passenger railway in the country that I have never traversed. It was on my list to try and visit this summer, before the wretched Covid plague occurred.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

1110745245_SwayfieldClass31upsteelDec68J1515.jpg.b7e6874d284af3b0154668c1fd346780.jpg

Swayfield Class 31 up steel Dec 68 J1515.jpg

You can't fool me, that's not Swayfield. It's Heaton Lodge Junction!

Kev.

:crazy::jester:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest Swayfield photo’s which are all of interest. In J3998, with an unidentified class 47 on a down service in August, 1974, the five Mk2 TSO’s are of some interest. They appear, from the equipment boxes and the different depths of the droplights in the end doors to appear to be as follows: Mk2f, Mk2d, Mk2f, Mk2d, Mk2f. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

I think they’re carflats with the loose wheel chocks visible, rather than steel wagons

Many thanks, I've altered the caption.  

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Wiiddrington photo’s which are all of interest. The last photo’ of Widdrington Opencast, with shunter, either class 08 or 11, Derek Crouch, number MP229, on the 8th August, 1981, is a great portrait of the shunter between the two buildings.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, russ p said:

Great pictures as usual David,  is the last one an 08 or an 11

MP229 is a class 11, previously 12093 and now preserved at the Caledonian Railway at Brechin (along with MP228, the former 12052).

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the High Dyke branch photo’s. They are all of interest, and in J4065, Pendennis Castle is looking good on a light engine movement from Market Overton to Carnforth, in October, 1974. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1