Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

you wake up naked next to

peanuts

• RMweb Gold

Memo to self... make sure back door is locked before going to bed.

Did not Peter Cook & Dudley Moore do a sketch, in their Dagenham Dialogues characters, in which more and more implausibly exotic females suddenly appeared in their dingy flats? ISTR "Bloody Greta Garbo" allegedly being told to "Get out, you dirty hussy".

• RMweb Gold

Did not Peter Cook & Dudley Moore do a sketch, in their Dagenham Dialogues characters, in which more and more implausibly exotic females suddenly appeared in their dingy flats? ISTR "Bloody Greta Garbo" allegedly being told to "Get out, you dirty hussy".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2o2YYqEck

• RMweb Premium

Ian I just need to share this; I just hate  love The Sound of Music sooooooooo much. Even drugs can't help and today I relapsed when I heard that the VonTrapp relatives are still singing (with an American accent too.....)

Sigh........

My initial awareness of that lady was her recording of "I could have danced all night" which would make her a poor choice to wake up to!

Marni Nixon`s version {voiced for Audrey`s Eliza} was so much nicer! :tender:

If Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady ever run out of material for Howard Wolowitz, they'll find plenty of ideas on this forum ...

I’ve had to bite my tongue upon reading the “Lonely Railway Modellers’ Hearts” thread (I can’t remember the real name of it and can’t be bothered to check). Actually “checking” being the operative word.

Beat, Pete.

Perhaps it simply shows the narrowness of my unconscious mind, but I'm as likely to dream about my dear departed. Oddly, while she had a mellifluous speaking voice, she couldn't carry a tune in a paper bag, George Stephenson bless her.

• RMweb Premium

The last thing I heard was the slowed-down version of "Jolene", so I guess I came away with Dolly Parton!  :jester:

Funnily enough I had Jolene as an ear worm yesterday, having heard it as  a background track on a TV programme and listened to it on You Tube late last night, was doing well before deciding to finish the evening off with 'City of New orleans' by The Highwaymen.  Somehow I can't decide which of Johny cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferseon and Waylon Jennings would be worse.  The only saving grace is that they would have been so spaced out I'd have been fairly safe.

Jamie

Bloody crowded!   Teach me to listen to the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain............................

Though come to think of it I could find myself next to Hester Goodman......................

Archived