Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Have you heard of Metric, Clive??

Saw them live in that there London last evening and they were superb. I think they'd be right up your straße.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVn2UM8-sKI

Hi Alan

They have popped up a few times on Spotify playlist. I need to explore more of their work.

• RMweb Premium

I think I have achieved what I want to regarding the type of station Exchange is meant to represent. There are six trains in the platforms, two DMUs and four non-gangway hauled sets. Lots of local services not long distance ones, much like the bread and butter of the L&YR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK07k-JQKig

Bring back the Cliff and the Shadows, or early Stones, that what I say. :sungum:

Well it is like ........STOP NOW BEFORE YOU UPSET SOMEONE......

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I seem to remember someone recently saying "it's all about being yourself"....

Yeah!!!

Serious head on.......in being yourself you should allow others to be themselves and not upset them because they do not conform to what you like. You should be free to express opinions but in doing so let others to express theirs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Serious head on.......in being yourself you should allow others to be themselves and not upset them because they do not conform to what you like. You should be free to express opinions but in doing so let others to express theirs.

Someone once explained the difference between what the Americans and the Dutch thought tolerance meant.

An American would say he doesn't agree with your opinion and you have to accept that.

A Dutchman would say he doesn't agree with you but he can accept that your opinion is different.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

After three goes at driving trains today, I know being retired is a drag, the balance of trains in the station is much like I reported earlier and that is after driving another 8 trains. There are a couple of Parcels trains and two corridor hauled trains on the layout at the moment sitting in the fuddle yard.

I am enjoying my layout.

• Like 13

I wish I was enjoying mine, effing pile of carp.  Currently the mortal remains of three recent failures are cluttering up the shed. 

Every time I go in there I get a certain sinking feeling...

It's because the Gauge is wrong = O no it's not / O yes it is. :sungum:

• Like 1

After three goes at driving trains today, I know being retired is a drag, the balance of trains in the station is much like I reported earlier and that is after driving another 8 trains. There are a couple of Parcels trains and two corridor hauled trains on the layout at the moment sitting in the fuddle yard.

I am enjoying my layout.

And so you should, that's why we spend a small fortune on models, burn our fingers on soldering irons, cut our selves with small sharp knives, try to find bits that fly off into the abyss for no apparent reason and finally get nagged at by the other half for always being stuck in the Hobby room. :sungum:

ENJOY. :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I wish I was enjoying mine, effing pile of carp.  Currently the mortal remains of three recent failures are cluttering up the shed. 

Every time I go in there I get a certain sinking feeling...

Best not to go for a Titanic project in the future then dear boy.......................................................gone already.

• RMweb Premium

Coincidentally I was just reading about the Wisbech & Upwell Tramway when you posted that, so it seemed appropriate!

Hi Steve

I should tape some of Alan's songs and play them while operating Friday Bridge at Warley this weekend......stand E01.

I am enjoying my layout.

I think a lot of others are vicariously enjoying it with you. I am sitting here with too cold and damp to go out to the garage and do anything . Shall I take the bull by the horns and do some modelling in plastic card that I am no good at, but at least I can do it indoors or shall sit reading about what proper modellers are doing ? OK , conscience pricked, I'll get some plastic card in and have another go at that goods shed. RM web- the place to cone for inspiration.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

One of the things with it being too cold to work on things in the paddock I have to find something to do in doors.....what a pity. Never mind I have decided to keep out the way by hiding in the train room.

First move was to couple a loco on to the all stations to Wakefield via Barnsley. The only suitable loco is my only named steam loco 61000 Springbok. Normally this would be a tank engine duty but the L1 has been in works awaiting a new pony truck. Its original fell apart into 5 bits. Hornby didn't have a replacement so I got one from Peter's Spares. It now has a green set of pony truck wheels. I tried to get the weathered back ones off the remains of the mazak pony truck and it is now in 9 bits. I will paint the green ones, not risking their pony truck falling apart.

Too much time spent on here, must get driving trains.

I like this band but the bass guitarist looks like he should be in school and I am sure the guitarist  works in a bank.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In my bid to stay in the warm i have had two non gangway trains depart one to Huddersfield and the other just a local to Doncaster. Making their way to Sheffield are two expresses. A six car DMU from York and a replacement for  failed Trans Pennine a class 31 hauled mixed rake.

• Like 3