Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

I agree with everybody else.

If the set is belt and braces, by that I mean made up of similar stuff, then nobody will notice 5mm.

Liverpool Lime St runs a set of origional Graham Farish suburban coaches. All the same, look great.

Next time I'll shout!!!

Chris.

A little harsh about Lime St but I get your drift!! 

Chris.

I really am a slow old fart!!

Took me three days to work out the 'run' reference in relation to Lime St. 

Then came the GT3 reference. Had no idea that somebody had announced a crowd funder for that.!!

I have to admit I'm enjoying the amount of jumping up and down that has caused!!!!!

Your model, as usual, is great, I would be very happy with a model of that quality!!!

I realise that you are joking when you say 'Chuck it in the Bin', but I thought I'd just make the point!!

Could we have another shot of the model please?

Chris.

• RMweb Premium

Flog them yours as a basis for the CAD :)

They had a huge model on their stand, 5 inch gauge or something like that. Good luck to them and I seriously look forward to seeing their RTR model.

I started my model many moons ago, it may never get finished, not because of the RTR one but me flitting from one project to the next. All my scratchbuilds have been made because I wanted to at the time. Not because I wanted to show off but to show others what can be achieved if they so desired.

I will admit there is a nice feeling when people praise my work. 

• Like 2

Oh dear, I have had a second look at the diagrams, I am talking rubbish, the dia 103 were 1st/2nd composite, still six compartment but  two 2nds were standard 6 ft 2ins compartments, and 7 ft 6ins first (longer than normal) looks like some real muddling needs to be done. I think if I am having to make the firsts longer on the dia 103 to get the coach the right length then I should do so on the reverse and make the compartments smaller dia104s.

At this point I start to wonder if there are any MJT or Comet etched sides you can solder up. 

It might be a slightly less painful route

• RMweb Premium

At this point I start to wonder if there are any MJT or Comet etched sides you can solder up. 

It might be a slightly less painful route

Hi

As far as I know they do not do the odd sizes of the compartments in the centre two coaches. Looking through the Harris "Stanadrd LNER coaches" book there were a few coaches with oddball compartment sizes and these were GER line Illford stock and the very few non-gangway non lavatory composites, which no one makes models of.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Tried the Wizard's site yet?

P

Hi Phil

Wizard and Worsely Works drew blanks.

It is alright I have enough bits of LNER coaches to build a Hertford Line Quad-Art. 

Why do I want a Hertford Line Quad-Art, well it will be different.

• RMweb Premium

One layout I did enjoy, even though it portrays life up north, is MICK's Newbyrford. Trains move through a very well modelled modern scene. Without the trains it is a nice model, with the trains passing the scenery compliments the well modelled rolling stock.

Blimey - I feel humbled by Clive's comments.

We'll soon change his mind when he plays with the extra C at Glasgow as long as he gets leave of absence from Mr Tail-chaser's layout......

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am going to take the motors out of my locos. Model railways don't need movement, how stupid of me to think they did.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131275-warley-national-model-railway-exhibition-2018-24th-and-25th-november/?p=3378904

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131275-warley-national-model-railway-exhibition-2018-24th-and-25th-november/?p=3379169

I am also converting to P4, it doesn't matter how often the trains fall off, it is P4 and that is better than I model now.

Some people need ejercatin'.

Play him some of your Icelandic crap at full volume, that'll sort him.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

The weather is too wet and windy to be doing stuff on the paddock so I am in the dry and warm driving toy trains. Despite having some sort of sequence things can still be a bit random. I have some how ended up with two parcels trains both hauled by Type 3s rushing around the layout. Both Lima powered, plenty of train noise, no need for sound fitted locos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Should I just leave this here then,

attachicon.gif3F8F085E-279C-4935-8438-8D9B7273BACE.jpeg

Built by me with advice from Clive, was in BRM many moons ago.

Richard

One of things I miss from not being able to attend the Witham club, seeing what goodies others are working on and helping where I could. Likewise I miss the "What the hell are you doing now?", "That won't work!", and "The bloke is mad" encouragement fellow club members gave.

• Like 5