• RMweb Premium

Excellent layout and as a local S&D fan one of my favourites since popping in here and signing up very recently.

I lived in Gurney Slade for 4 years when 1st married late 80s now live in Wells.

Keep up the good work and a few more videos with your lovely locos and stock wouldn't go a miss.

Cheers

Excellent layout and as a local S&D fan one of my favourites since popping in here and signing up very recently.

I lived in Gurney Slade for 4 years when 1st married late 80s now live in Wells.

Keep up the good work and a few more videos with your lovely locos and stock wouldn't go a miss.

Cheers

Thanks for that. Up in Norway at the moment, but will be home on Tuesday, with another 7 days off until my triumphant return to work. :sungum:  It may give me a bit of time to add a few more touches to the layout. The bottom bridge still needs bedding in and I want to add a small outward extension for the pub. Talking of pubs, it's almost time for dinner. then we dock at Rorvik and find the Rederiet Pub & Bar.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Up in Norway at the moment, but will be home on Tuesday, with another 7 days off until my triumphant return to work. :sungum:  It may give me a bit of time to add a few more touches to the layout. The bottom bridge still needs bedding in and I want to add a small outward extension for the pub. Talking of pubs, it's almost time for dinner. then we dock at Rorvik and find the Rederiet Pub & Bar.

Hi

Good to hear from you after such a long time....

Looking forward to more updates....

Cheers Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a S&D signal box to replace the Ratio one that has stood in so far. This may also find itself on the other platform, more in keeping with Binegar. This will also mean moving all the telegraph poles to the other side of the track.

post-15-0-68705300-1512415744_thumb.jpg

The rather small water tower will also be replaced with something that stands a little taller than the water cranes.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Picked up a S&D signal box to replace the Ratio one that has stood in so far. This may also find itself on the other platform, more in keeping with Binegar. This will also mean moving all the telegraph poles to the other side of the track.

attachicon.gifnew box.jpg

The rather small water tower will also be replaced with something that stands a little taller than the water cranes.

Hi Is that a one off or an available S&D signal box?

Cheers

Playing around with locations for the signal box. I've taken away the waiting room that stood there and replaced it with the box.

post-15-0-68836100-1512807916_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-13609700-1512807933_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-40912200-1512807946_thumb.jpg

I think it looks much better here, but maybe needs to be set slightly further back, as in this picture of Binegar from Wikipedia.

post-15-0-68657900-1512808216.jpg

Although we are only talking about 4mm or so.

One thing that I have been thinking about for a while, is a canopy for the station. The one that came with the kit is out of keeping with the S&D, so will be scratch building one more suitable. And a shelter for the up platform needs to be made.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Having purchased a SLW Class 24, I'm now finding the limitations of the MultiMaus. The one thing that has been a pain in the arse, is the lack of consisting for double heading, banking is not a problem. So off in a minute to discuss buying a Prodigy Advance 2.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the Prodigy today. After one or two teething problems, I discovered that it does help to read the manual first :banghead: .

All sorted and running sweetly now.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Built the canopy for the main building last night. Wills sheet and baton roofing, Ratio valance and pillars (Peco?) from the spares box. One of the pillars looks crooked from one direction, not the other. Maybe it's an optical illusion caused by the fact that I knocked the lamp standard. Also added some S&D style barge boards, made with Plastruct strip.

post-15-0-00738700-1519124918_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-59321900-1519124930_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-74329000-1519124944_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• 4 months later...

On my S&D, it never fell into the hands of the Western Region and when the 2Ps became life expired, several Schools class were transferred to Bournemouth and Bath. Here we have 30941 Bash Street heading north with a rake of tired looking Birdcage carriages.

• Like 4

Another thing that Ivo Peters missed, was the Garratt that had trials over the S&D.

Here it tackles the 1:50 climb over the duck under with 48 vans.

And here with a northbound coal train.

• Like 4

Couple of thing that caught my eye this week. First Volkswagen's all electric car taking the outright record at Pikes Peak.

Turn the sound down if you are sensitive to expletives.

Second is Porsche's fastest ever lap around the old Nurburgring.

The official lap record is 6:11.13 from 1983 on a slightly shorter layout(12.9 miles against 14.2)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This last few weeks has been to bleedin' hot to get out in the shed. Temperature peaked at 44°C last week. A quick check of the track the other day reveals that I did leave big enough expansion gaps. Phew. Jobs for now though include a new door. The manufacturers used plenty thick enough cladding for the building, but skimped on the door, so I'll be ripping the old t&g off the frame and replacing it with some 15mm. Another job is a new roof. The felt took some damage over the winter and has only been patched. New box profile sheeting is on the way from Cladco in Devon and this should easily see out the life of the shed and maybe the next one. At £406 including delivery against around £200 for heavy duty felt and bitumen adhesive, I think a price worth paying.

Another possible light on the horizon is that Cooper-Craft have announced that he has a new injection moulding machine. Maybe I will finally get those kits that my son paid for about 4 ½ years ago. I don't really hold out much hope, but as CC are supposed to be attending RailWells this weekend, maybe I can pin him down, perhaps literally if I don't get the answer I want. :hunter:

Anyhow. Little progress on the layout. Stuck on this overbridge. Measured it up, built it and then realised that the road gradient will be too steep. So now going to raise one side by about 10-12mm to ease that, but will require some surgery to the walls. Something for a cooler day.

post-15-0-53657400-1533666781_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi

Good to see some progress......

Are you going to clad over the existing roof?

If not then beware of condensation from single skin steel sheeting....

You'd probably thought of that but risking teaching granny to suck eggs....

Cheers Bill