Bachmann OO Announcements July 2014

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

The press have been invited to Locomotion at the end of the month for the latest Bachmann/NRM collection in miniature announcement. That is a fact.

CHRIS LEIGH

Interesting, just can't think why they would want the making of an announcement to be such a secret, why not mention it in todays press release. As I commented previously, they seem to be the opposite of Rapido

• RMweb Gold

The press have been invited to Locomotion at the end of the month for the latest Bachmann/NRM collection in miniature announcement. That is a fact.

CHRIS LEIGH

I gave the date etc in Post No.11 in this thread.  (not a knock at you btw Chris but some people do seem to jump in without reading through a thread or to believe what they read - that post was on the first page!) 

Well I'm a happy bunny. Before today there were only three items that if made would have me part with serious cash. And two have been announced!!! The 90 and liner flats. These will allow us to retire older crude models, although our re-motored 90's may run on until other liveries are produced. The other was an 87, and the 90 chassis will make re-powering our Lima ones much easier. Kev.

• RMweb Gold

I would be amused to see it in its new form as a saddle tank?

Ah - perhaps there is confusion and this is actually the 47001 being released?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=47001+lms&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=BF1F230FAFF016DFA43146B202E0237E3B2120F4&selectedIndex=0

Hee hee

Phil

While the announcements are fairly alright and they are honest about where their current locos are standing, people are saying that this isn't the end and there's lots more to come (can we believe this I don't know) but apparently the NRM announcements are that a LNER C1 is to be released, well we can all wish :)

• RMweb Gold

Interesting, just can't think why they would want the making of an announcement to be such a secret, why not mention it in todays press release. As I commented previously, they seem to be the opposite of Rapido

The announcement is being made by the NRM (Locomotion, the NRM at Shildon to be precise) and is not being made by Bachmann.  You might or might not assume that it concerns a Bachmann model but I would hardly conceive that the NRM would like its announcement to be overshadowed by, for example, a wider range of announcements from Bachmann.  And equally if it does involve a Bachmann model I don't think the NRM would like to see the announcement of their exclusive edition model being dragged into some of what is taking place in this thread.

The situation with Rapido was very different from this as it also involved the entry of a new manufacturer into the British market and Jason Shron and the NRM clearly thought there would be a lot of sense in building interest and confidence in the new brand as well as the Locomotion involvement.

29 July is by my reckoning 9 days from today and surely it is not asking a lot for folk to wait that short period to find out what the NRM will be offering.

But it was Bachmann decision to state that the new range would be announced today (including their 'click here' adverts on RMWEB pages). Seems like they should have made it clear that the accouncements would start today. Hence the questioning of how they have handled things

The ads were placeholders (by me) for specific adverts relating to the topics so it wasn't Bachmann's decision as you seem to try to state a fact. The same goes for comments about 'hype', who's hyped it? Not Bachmann and not me so it's down to the thoughts and comments of the membership so don't blame Bachmann for that one.

Because it involves Locomotion as a commercial partner and there are reasons for it being separate even if you think there's some conspiracy theory.

I certainly don't have a problem with Bachmann catching up a bit and then seeing some new ideas come March. I love the OO9 foray, the 90s nothing to me personally but I don't get all bent out of shape about it. I get the feeling some people are just unhappy if they don't feel sufficiently entertained by any announcements rather than if they have any purchasing relevance to them.

Unless it's a meaningful moan leave the keyboard alone please, some posts in this topic have been just plain pointless.

• RMweb Gold

The announcement is being made by the NRM (Locomotion, the NRM at Shildon to be precise) and is not being made by Bachmann.  You might or might not assume that it concerns a Bachmann model but I would hardly conceive that the NRM would like its announcement to be overshadowed by, for example, a wider range of announcements from Bachmann.  And equally if it does involve a Bachmann model I don't think the NRM would like to see the announcement of their exclusive edition model being dragged into some of what is taking place in this thread.

The situation with Rapido was very different from this as it also involved the entry of a new manufacturer into the British market and Jason Shron and the NRM clearly thought there would be a lot of sense in building interest and confidence in the new brand as well as the Locomotion involvement.

29 July is by my reckoning 9 days from today and surely it is not asking a lot for folk to wait that short period to find out what the NRM will be offering.

If you had read what I put I was not suggesting they announce the loco today, just mention the announcement in 9 days time

Three new models:

There's the class 90, the J15 which was cancelled when Hornby announced it, and 009 announcements. That accounts for all three by my maths.

Repeating myself from earlier in this thread, there's a heck of a lot of stuff announced but yet to come from Bachmann. I wonder whether some of the announcements last year were actually brought forward pre-empt Hornby. If you average the 2013 and 2014 new releases you have a damn good selection of models for a two year period.Als

Also pretty pleased the non-weathered Mk1s in Maroon have returned. They've become damn hard to find and I need another SO or SK and possibly and FK!

Three new models:

There's the class 90, the J15 which was cancelled when Hornby announced it, and 009 announcements. That accounts for all three by my maths.

Repeating myself from earlier in this thread, there's a heck of a lot of stuff announced but yet to come from Bachmann. I wonder whether some of the announcements last year were actually brought forward pre-empt Hornby. If you average the 2013 and 2014 new releases you have a damn good selection of models for a two year period.Als

Also pretty pleased the non-weathered Mk1s in Maroon have returned. They've become damn hard to find and I need another SO or SK and possibly and FK!

• RMweb Gold

The ads were placeholders (by me) for specific adverts relating to the topics so it wasn't Bachmann's decision as you seem to try to state a fact. The same goes for comments about 'hype', who's hyped it? Not Bachmann and not me so it's down to the thoughts and comments of the membership so don't blame Bachmann for that one.

Because it involves Locomotion as a commercial partner and there are reasons for it being separate even if you think there's some conspiracy theory.

I certainly don't have a problem with Bachmann catching up a bit and then seeing some new ideas come March. I love the OO9 foray, the 90s nothing to me personally but I don't get all bent out of shape about it. I get the feeling some people are just unhappy if they don't feel sufficiently entertained by any announcements rather than if they have any purchasing relevance to them.

Unless it's a meaningful moan leave the keyboard alone please, some posts in this topic have been just plain pointless.

Sorry Andy if I have come across as moaning

I have described the expansion into 009 as exciting and this years consolidation makes complete sense. I have not critisised Bachmanns announcements, I just think they could have been handles better when for many yaers now the yearly announcements have included several new tool models so it seems that others were expecting similar in this anniversery year.

I will bow out as requested

• RMweb Gold

I think if Bachmann had said at the outset , this will be a year of consolidation, there is turmoil in China and we need to sort out the backlog of models, then people would have been understanding. But the fact is with the "top secret" hype and delay to July to celebrate their 25th anniversary , expectations were higher. Following their previous announcements to do with price rises,I was expecting three new locomotive models. I see the class 90. I appear to be 2 short of a full set.

The 009 announcement should have been made separately . Instead it's submerged in where are the OO models postings. Really this is not brilliant marketing and not up to Bachmanns usual standard

Can only assume that something has happened very late in the day to curtail this years range, otherwise their marketing has been massively over hyped and given the negativity generated, incompetent. And if there is a new NRM model why wait until 29th. Surely it could have been jointly announced today.

It is entirely up to the NRM to decide upon how they wish to market it....as they did with Rapido Trains APT-E.It's their shout after all.

... And few more so than those of Mr Hargrave, sad to say.

If one is in possession (legitimately) of meaningful information but is unable to reveal it, then frankly I for one would rather such people kept quiet and said nothing.  Or at the very least, confined themselves to saying their 'nothing' just the once.  Repeatedly patting us on the head and making "there, there, it'll be all right in the end"-type comments for which there is no evident justification or authority just winds most people up even more.

We find ourselves well and truly "up the garden path" today, though it is perhaps debatable whether we were led there, or allowed ourselves to be led there, or just blazed our own trail heedless of warnings from 'those in the know' to the contrary ... but I don't particularly recall seeing many of the latter on here.

The posts by Ian were a response to show some people were talking out of their hats; he may not be in a position to say what it is but he's entitled to say if someone else is wrong so just drop that line of offence please.

looking at the website it shows not one but 3 versions of the Class 90:-

32-610 90 023 inter-city

32-611 90 037 Railfreight

32-612 90 042 Powerhaul

Glad Bachmann have included the intercity version. will be placing an order asap

It'd be interesting to see them model a loco in that condition, it had obviously been around ling enough to loose some paint from the front panel, but is otherwise "as built" with original positions for the TDM recepticles but no fairings behind the cab. By all means go ahead, but one of the lower ones with small numbers would suit that condition a lot better.

And as for the previous comment about the flat sides being cheaper to produce, well...

• RMweb Gold

Does the fact Bachmann as entered 009 market. we will need a new oo9 rtr bord for every one to put the disapproval/moans about the state of the models delivery times etc.

But to be honest I am a little bit disappointed with the lack of new releases.lets face we do love to be told are next dream model is coming. However this gives us all time to save and hopefully buy what has already been promised in the past when ever they do hit the shops. I can't remember ever having so many goodies to look forward to any way.

My only concern - and it remains thus - is that the Gresley V3 new chassis model announced last year is so far behind. There was a (I assume now, doctored?) photograph of a V3 with what appeared to be a new chassis, complete with NEM pockets and new valve gear, given at the time. If it is only entering the artwork stage now, then we can probably add another eighteen months to its potential release date. 

Nobody moans about late releases, late arrivals, lack of development because they are petty. People complain about these things because they want to spend their money on them. Having an active hobby with demand is a good thing and we could do well to remember that that it's modellers and collectors alike at the end of the chain that keeps the model railway industry in business. Of course it's frustrating and perhaps there is nothing that can be done, but we should not discourage disappointment - rather we should encourage the positive "I want to spend money on the hobby" context instead.

Where did I mention you in my post?

I would certainly read your unpleasant post as being aimed at Ian. Back up (and apologise if it wasn't targetted at Ian as that's the way it appears) or move on.

A very small number of us, apparently, were sent what amounted to a malicious PM on Friday evening, containing links to some of the pages now made public. The member concerned had joined RMweb just minutes before, and presumably hoped one of us would go for the sensation by blowing Bachmann's embargo and embarrassing the Forum. Wrong.

Oh no! She's at it again...

I wonder if Crystal received one of them e mails...

post-508-0-18860600-1405873478.gif

Porcy

• RMweb Gold

My only concern - and it remains thus - is that the Gresley V3 new chassis model announced last year is so far behind. There was a (I assume now, doctored?) photograph of a V3 with what appeared to be a new chassis, complete with NEM pockets and new valve gear, given at the time. If it is only entering the artwork stage now, then we can probably add another eighteen months to its potential release date. 

Nobody moans about late releases, late arrivals, lack of development because they are petty. People complain about these things because they want to spend their money on them. Having an active hobby with demand is a good thing and we could do well to remember that that it's modellers and collectors alike at the end of the chain that keeps the model railway industry in business. Of course it's frustrating and perhaps there is nothing that can be done, but we should not discourage disappointment - rather we should encourage the positive "I want to spend money on the hobby" context instead.

A lot of truth in there Simon and it's a problem we all face, on Friday I collected a Hornby 'Grange' I originally order very early in 2012 which was subsequently cancelled twice and finally appeared this year.  We (I) lost the Bachmann 'Hall' and 'Modified Hall' last year due to assembly errors and of course the 'pipeline' has got awfully long drawn out although if the porthole coaches and 'Dukedog' are any guide when things do arrive the wait has been worthwhile, and the piggy bank has had time to catch up in anticipation.

Kader have obviously had problems due to their factory location (and more so if various press and other reports are correct) but at least they are still in there batting for us and things are gradually coming along.  I'm definitely still happy to spend money on the hobby and this year, unless unforeseen something leaps out of the woodwork, with one exception the rest of my r-t-r expenditure will go in the direction of Barwell via my two 'local' modeshops.

Edit to correct typos.

i can understand that being drip fed little pieces of possible insider info just enough to encourage people to fall for the hook line sinker approach only to be met with retorts along the lines of just wait a little longer or be patient only serves to annoy and aggravate.

so whilst on the one hand i see the benefits such possible insider wisdom it must also be borne in mind not to treat those of us on the outside of this sanctum as uninformed impatient little boys......as is often the case on many a fora,its not what is said, its how its said.on that basis i think its a bit rich to cry foul on somebody just because theyve bitten back. heat-kitchen et al.

• RMweb Premium

Yes,I am in possession of confidential information ...and it will stay that way....I will not identify ANY source of whatever nature.Nor will I drop hints or reveal clues..

I have countered some posts on this thread,some of which are negative and undeservedly critical ,with encouragement to show patience and wait just a little while.

As for dispelling impatience or speculation,those concerned will have to live with it for a while longer and get on with their lives.

Ahh but it runs over the diamond crossings at Newcastle Central per your earlier post. So clearly a North Tyneside emu. No wait a minute........an LNER Atlantic. There's one in the NRM. Is it a C1? Never sure of the designations. I know there are large and small boiler variants both preserved there, similar to the already announced Marsh Atlantic. Hmmm stacking up nicely me thinks. But if it's a 90 and an Atlantic , where's the third one? Far from rumourtrol wasn't it Bachmann that said there would be three new models at their last press conference?

So the fat lady has sung, left the building to muted applause and some howls of disappointment will be back in 9 days time to try again

Archived