Bachmann OO Announcements July 2014

Andy Y

Is the suggested extra announcement happening today or further ahead as some people are suggesting today isn't the end of the announcements- if that makes sense?

Mark

I'm not sure anybody knows what's happening.

• RMweb Gold

Could someone in the known please clarify if this is happening or if its just more pie in the sky that Bachmann have any more to come

I think that's evident from previous postings on today's thread.if you care to read back through them. ..and it is NOT,as you and others are posting "pie in the sky".

• RMweb Gold

Unless I have missed a post by Andy or Bachmann then it's might as well be. I have read the article from the start and Bachmann said they do have exciting announcements to come which could be a open day for all we know or other none model announcements

• RMweb Premium
Is the suggested extra announcement happening today or further ahead as some people are suggesting today isn't the end of the announcements- if that makes sense?

Mark[/quote

Expect another announcement next week...

You give the impression that you are indeed "in the know" as your postings have the air of authenticity about them. Are you able to give us any clues as to your sources or what connection you have with Bachmann?

I know it may not be possible, having been in that position myself once or twice and having had to be very careful about breaking confidences.

It may dispel some of the "will they won't they" exchanges going on and speculation if somebody can demonstrate that they are writing from a position of actual knowledge rather than what most of us have.

• RMweb Gold

At times I really despair.  Bachmann change a date to fit their 25th anniversary - not a bad idea.  They launch a completely new range into the British market - surely that is worth keeping secret and having something to crow about on the day, especially as it fits this year's 1914 centenary theme.  They give us a complete update on where previously announced items have got to (although some on here believe some might be missing - it would be interesting to know if that is the case?) and they announce new N gauge items.

All in all hardly an insignificant situation I would have thought.  However if Mr Ting, the Chairman of Kader, who is reportedly over here for the anniversary happens to read some of this thread one could hardly blaming for packing up and going home to totally ignore the UK market forever more.

In the coming year or so from Bachmann some of us will hopefully get what we have been waiting for and which, for various reasons, has been delayed or is simply working its way through the process.  Others will not get what they hoped for - that's life I'm afraid - but it might come in the future.  No model railway maker anywhere on the face of this planet can keep all of the people happy all of the time and it strikes me as more than optimistic to expect otherwise.  And plenty of us are more than old enough to remember when we got one new loco in British outline a year or even less frequently - and at nothing like today's level of detail.

BTW 'rumourtrol' is a railway term which i think originated on the Southern Region and is a mix of the words 'rumour' and 'control' arising from the view that some folk had that control offices were the best places for starting rumours.  All I have said is that I heard from several sources that Bachmann would have new tooling for only 3 items in 00 - people may if they wish discard that as no more than hearsay or rumour or they can count the three (all are mentioned in this thread).

• RMweb Premium

Got to say I'm quite relieved really.

It would have been nice to see yet more steam locos (especially Southern ones) but at least the wallet will get a rest for a while, and once my house move is sorted, I can get back to doing some actual modelling rather than just collecting and titivating the latest rtr stuff.

Freightliners - great! My blue D-prefixed HJ 47 is just crying out for a rake, plus one of those suburban brakes that ran with them for a short while.

I envy the LMS fans, that L&Y 2-4-2T will look quite beautiful in crimson (but it needs some non-corridor coaches.....)

Expecting more announcements unless liveries/numbers for 57 and 66 remain the same this year. Will wait for the catalogue to come out before passing judgement.

Will take DRS class 37 and maybe weathered JJAs if not ridiculously priced.

Container crane should be an impressive beast, don't know if I can afford 2!

Otherwise little for me, was hoping for some HYA or Drax biomas wagons but maybe to modern and limited for manufacturer to take a risk on.

What a load of moaners.

I can easily total up a £500 wish list.

OK, some is already on pre order.

That will more than keep me happy for he next 12 months.

At least they announce a detailed "state of play report" to give me some idea of the expected time scale to introduction.

Thank you Bachmann.

Bernard

You give the impression that you are indeed "in the know" as your postings have the air of authenticity about them. Are you able to give us any clues as to your sources or what connection you have with Bachmann?

I know it may not be possible, having been in that position myself once or twice and having had to be very careful about breaking confidences.

It may dispel some of the "will they won't they" exchanges going on and speculation if somebody can demonstrate that they are writing from a position of actual knowledge rather than what most of us have.

The press have been invited to Locomotion at the end of the month for the latest Bachmann/NRM collection in miniature announcement. That is a fact.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully there is more to come, could do with an 80's condition 45/1 or three.. And same era 47/4 in banger blue, with headlight etc. Would love a refurbished CEP or 2 HAP.

But will order 47001, which should be fairly easy to ETH and the banger blue 08....

Nice one Bachmann though, some useful things here...

Matt

Nice one Bachmann with the Class 90, brave move but hopefully a good one. Also looking forward to the standard release of 37405 in DRS livery. That coupled with 37242 in Mainline livery from last years announcement I can see it being an expensive year.

Again well done Bachmann.

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Yes,I am in possession of confidential information ...and it will stay that way....I will not identify ANY source of whatever nature.Nor will I drop hints or reveal clues..

I have countered some posts on this thread,some of which are negative and undeservedly critical ,with encouragement to show patience and wait just a little while.

As for dispelling impatience or speculation,those concerned will have to live with it for a while longer and get on with their lives.

Class 90 electric?

first up to those that said that Bachmann would need a business case for a model that already exists albeit dated but must still sell-insert "gameshow buzzer sound"....really? you sure bout that ? :)

some even said theyd spoken to management at Bachmann who apparently expressed disappointment at sales of the class 85-im trying to equate that with todays announcement of another new AC loco and it doesnt.

class 85s in the bargain bins-so what? that has not had one iota of an effect on bachmanns decision here to launch the 90.

electrics dont sell is what some were constantly spouting. i'm sorry but see above.

electrics will not take off until we have more rtp catenary some were saying.....pfffft. yeah ok (cue my gameshow wrong buzzer again).

i could rumble on picking quotes up from all over rmweb from those who just would not have it over ac locos but it would take up too much time and energy-i think we can let Bachmann do the talking really and im pretty sure we can now safely ignore future comments about electrics not being popular or being poor sellers etc.

you never know.....Bachmann will be making the chassis. they could go the whole hog and chuck on a class 87 body with some minor tweaks......and 87001 is residing at the NRM.

michanlgais said"bring on the electric revolution". indeed.

clasd 90 from Bachmann-its going to be a lovely model and may scope out opportunities for folk to build a modern class 86/1 using the Heljan body or maybe run a modern class 87 using a lima or limby body on the new Bachmann chassis.....

the first release just isnt my era (80s BR) but i will pre order one to support the model and hope for an original inter-city version later on......

I wonder now whether those Class 85s will be in the bargain bin for much longer. With a bit of variation now in quality ready to run AC loco's it might make people more tempted to take the plunge. I for one fall into that category. I love the 85 but stringing up overheads for one loco to run round the layout was a bit OTT, but having a couple now I might seriously think about it.

Marcus

The press have been invited to Locomotion at the end of the month for the latest Bachmann/NRM collection in miniature announcement. That is a fact.

CHRIS LEIGH

That will tie in with the recent email from the Bachmann Collectors Club that the next BCC Magazine will be sent out in August (a bit earlier than usual) along with the new catalogues. 

RP

dibber25, on 20 Jul 2014 - 15:23, said:

I'm amused to see that the Midland 1F has been 'approved for production', as one landed on my desk on Friday, together with the LMS saloon.

CHRIS LEIGH

I would be amused to see it in its new form as a saddle tank?

In production

The following items have been approved for production:

Midland 1F 0-6-0ST

Archived