Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

It’s not my scale, but I was mightily impressed by the Class 90 EPs on display today at Warley.

post-1467-0-03917300-1511726535_thumb.jpeg

post-1467-0-18967600-1511726586_thumb.jpeg

post-1467-0-49557500-1511726629_thumb.jpeg

Hope it passes through the shrink ray at some point in the future!

Tom.

• Like 12

Looks superb. The pantograph is still a turn-off for me! If a DCC-controlled pantograph is standard then I won't want that. Bachmann really should have been a little smarter and offered something along the lines of a plug-n-play DCC pantograph for those who wanted one. And the basic DC model should've just had a sprung or poseable metal or plastic pantograph.

• RMweb Premium

It looks like quite a fine moulding, and on the presumption that you a) are happy with the price of the model and b) can still do something with the pan on DC rather than be forced into keeping it down, then does it matter?

That is looking really nice, the headlights look pretty much spot on and the cab lighting looks like a nice glow and not too bright.Think I may treat myself to one or two! Agree an n gauge version would be great aswell.

Cheers

Simon

How can you tell ? I don’t think the lights can be on as it’s not on track

• RMweb Gold

It’s not my scale, but I was mightily impressed by the Class 90 EPs on display today at Warley.

attachicon.gifD263BD8C-4FF7-48E5-A79D-E1A23A7B06CF.jpeg

attachicon.gif4EF7002B-BB82-4AAE-A0BC-E7C133CF016E.jpeg

attachicon.gif90414894-36D6-4C20-B7F8-BCF0D4739313.jpeg

Hope it passes through the shrink ray at some point in the future!

Tom.

Spot the difference on the loco between the top and bottom photos of Tom's post....

There's a very nice subtle little operating touch that Bachmann have managed to include that you won't notice at first (and it is not the pan)

Edit: Actually it is more noticeable between the top photo in reply #521 and the top photo in reply #522 as they are the same variant of 90 (and that should be a bit of a hint)

Andi

Edited by Dagworth

what about them? ;) (see my edit while you were posting)

Andi

Apart from the buffer shapes the top photo looks like the buffers are in a retracted position which if I recall correct is right for push-pull operation with a Pullman rubbing plate, unless the angle of the photo is fooling me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Apart from the buffer shapes the top photo looks like the buffers are in a retracted position which if I recall correct is right for push-pull operation with a Pullman rubbing plate, unless the angle of the photo is fooling me.

Yes, the buffers rotate between the two positions, and lock back in the retracted position!

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

How can you tell ? I don’t think the lights can be on as it’s not on track

There was a 90 on some track with a pair of Mk2s, both with lights changing in sequence and the 90 pan raising and lowering. 

Ref the TDM cables I'm pretty sure that I was told that there are THREE different versions!

Interestingly the Mk2s have a tail light facility where a tail light can be plugged in somehow and it then works. There are two different designs of tail light, oil or battery.

Andi

• RMweb Premium

This looks to be a game changer, I’ve not been excited about a new RTR release for many years! Now to stock up on the EWS and Virgin paints...

What with this, the Hornby ‘87’ and DJM ‘92’, I can feel a certain dodgy 12-yr old electric depot layout being dusted off for some action next year!! ;)

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

So who thinks that the collectors club may get a RES liveried version?

If they do I could even be tempted to join.

I would have thought that the European liveried ones would be more likely candidates for the Collectors Club

Andi

• Like 1