Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

A bit of temptation.....

attachicon.gifClass 90 Passenger.jpg

attachicon.gifClass 90 Freight.jpg

Would it be possible for me to share/download these images for use on my RMweb page ? I am salivating at this forthcoming Bachmann and i have asked Bachmann already if they could sell me an example or two without the paint as my first two are going to a paintshop. I am modelling modern image DB in an electric EMD and they havent got a DB model in the starting line up. I have already had Hornby examples 90034 Post DRS DB, 90036 DBS, 90018 DBS and 90029 DBS not to mention several EWS examples reliveried 90017, 90023 and 90035. 

I am loving the new pictures of my layout flagship, perfectly ready to be repainted by someone in the not so distant future.

My wish list for the 90s are:

1 90034 Post DRS DB

2 90037 Ex EWS DB

3 90019 DB Cargo ''Multimodal''

4 90024 DB Malcolm Logistics

5 90036 DB (small logo) ''Driver Jack Mills''

6 90039 EWS (white decals)

7 90021 First Scotrail mucky weathered

Hope someone at Bachmann is viewing this thread lol :-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Would it be possible for me to share/download these images for use on my RMweb page ? I am salivating at this forthcoming Bachmann and i have asked Bachmann already if they could sell me an example or two without the paint as my first two are going to a paintshop. I am modelling modern image DB in an electric EMD and they havent got a DB model in the starting line up. I have already had Hornby examples 90034 Post DRS DB, 90036 DBS, 90018 DBS and 90029 DBS not to mention several EWS examples reliveried 90017, 90023 and 90035.

Sadly there’ll absolutely be no way Bachmann would sell unfinished models to the general public (chance would be a fine thing!) but based on past Bachmann models it should be easy enough - bit of enamel thinners lifts the printing in seconds and then you can either use fine grade sandpaper or model stripper to attack the base layers! I’m hoping to do a few in Virgin to supplement my old Heljan-remotored ‘90s’ and eventually a few more EWS versions to create the missing ones I never got round to the first time around!

Can’t wait until it’s here! That, plus the 87 & 92, Christmas should be coming early this year! :D

• Like 2

so the APT-P, 90 and 87 are on the way.  we have a great 85. a so-so Heljan 86.........what would AC fans most like next.

Personally it would be a Class 81 as I feel that with all the new coaching stock coming through you could then safely model the WCML with modern locos that has a good representation of a period from 1974 on (roughly speaking).   I dont see the middle classes 82/83 or 84 as that mainstream that they would be missed too much on any layout as such.  If you've got your 81, 85, 86, 87 and 90 then that's pretty much all the bases covered.

EMUs might be the next move to fill in those suburban workings.

Incidentally on the guess list I wonder has anybody suggested a city centre tram???  bit left field but that's what I thought about Tube stock.

Looking forward to getting my Class 87 next month and reading the reviews too.....

Maybe we might see the Mk1 coaches with dcc lighting?

so the APT-P, 90 and 87 are on the way.  we have a great 85. a so-so Heljan 86.........what would AC fans most like next.

Personally it would be a Class 81 as I feel that with all the new coaching stock coming through you could then safely model the WCML with modern locos that has a good representation of a period from 1974 on (roughly speaking).   I dont see the middle classes 82/83 or 84 as that mainstream that they would be missed too much on any layout as such.  If you've got your 81, 85, 86, 87 and 90 then that's pretty much all the bases covered.

I'd say an 81 and 86 from someone is a reasonable bet in the next few years, the 86 probably from Hornby and the 81 from Bachmann, and I'd agree on 82-84 at least in the short to medium term. But as you say, AC EMUs may be the bold new frontier.

• Like 1

EMUs might be the next move to fill in those suburban workings.

Incidentally on the guess list I wonder has anybody suggested a city centre tram???  bit left field but that's what I thought about Tube stock.

Looking forward to getting my Class 87 next month and reading the reviews too.....

Maybe we might see the Mk1 coaches with dcc lighting?

New & re-tooled Freightliner 86's would have to be on top of the list for either Hornby or someone else who has the stomach for it.

• Like 1

Personally it would be a Class 81. . .

That would be fine by me. I hanker for an 80 as well – perhaps it could be tooled up to provide its gas turbine predecessor as well.

• RMweb Gold

I've PM'd you. 

Cheers

Rob

https://www.facebook.com/cheltenhammodelcentre/   

Sorry for those who are not on Facebook 

BUT painted samples seen in short clip of film taken today at launch of range

I don't have this The Facebook either. But, seeing most of things on social media is open access... These links should work: (amazing amount of progress - proves a smaller range means quicker speed)

26198113_1646543275411851_85901828530851

26220538_1646543715411807_65157956436192

26231992_1646543565411822_54082821203784

• Like 9

Very nostalgic seeing the Intercity 90 with no yellow end - just like it was shown on the cover of the Hornby catalogue (along with the 91) in, IIRC, 1990

One end has by the looks of it. My bank account is going to hate me, I have 6 Hornby ones to replace...

• RMweb Premium

I don't have this The Facebook either. But, seeing most of things on social media is open access... These links should work: (amazing amount of progress - proves a smaller range means quicker speed)

26198113_1646543275411851_85901828530851

So once again we're getting E numbered coaches, despite the catalogue image being of M allocated example and where the Mk2f operated for longer than anywhere else. Easy to fix I know but still a pain.

Oh wow... cool...brill... fab... shame they would go to the effort to make them pretty, only for me to have them reliveried, but thats what a DB depot owner has to do LOL

Here's looking forward to seeing 90037 (in its current ex-EWS DB colours) and 90019 in DB Cargo.

United Colours of Schenker ... 

Edited by DBC90024

Those Mk2s look the Collie's Cojones. And look, Hornby, no visible panty line!

As for the 90s, amazing, I can see my Hornby ones going on the Bay of Thief to help those poorer modellers who can't afford the Bachmann versions whilst raking in a few notes for me. Altruistic capitalism at it's best.

• Like 3

Those Mk2s look the Collie's Cojones. And look, Hornby, no visible panty line!As for the 90s, amazing, I can see my Hornby ones going on the Bay of Thief to help those poorer modellers who can't afford the Bachmann versions whilst raking in a few notes for me. Altruistic capitalism at it's best.

I'm not so sure about the window frames though. They look very heavy, especially on the blue grey version. I'll probably reserve judgement until I see one in the flesh. The Hornby solebar is not too hard to correct (no repaint required). Window frames are another matter.

I wont be selling my Hornby ones just yet!

Guy

Those 90’s look really nice painted. 90042 is one I’ve spotted at Waverley quite a few times stables for the evening sleeper duties. Looks spot on it for me.

The 2f’s look very smart too just need them in DRS livery for the Cumbrian Coast or Scotrail for the Fife circle sets.

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Very nostalgic seeing the Intercity 90 with no yellow end - just like it was shown on the cover of the Hornby catalogue (along with the 91) in, IIRC, 1990

i remember seeing 90001 without yellow ends, have a really bad 110asa film picture of it somewhere.

150/2s started life with white ends too.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Wont win the pulitzer.. but heres it.

post-20773-0-16130500-1515630662_thumb.jpg

July 4th 1987 at Crewe Works Open day, still in the paint shop, yet to have some stuff fitted (multi working cables, rubbing strip bar, headlights, horns  etc)

Its worth nothing on both our images, the buffers are standard oval buffers... not the squared off edges as modelled.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

....but is it a 90...? I'll have to check my collection of RailRiders magazines, as I'm sure it had gained proper buffers and the extra yellow for it's publicity photos under the wires.

Edit-here it is:

post-6819-0-54446000-1515686571_thumb.jpg

Edited by 298
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

....but is it a 90...? I'll have to check my collection of RailRiders magazines, as I'm sure it had gained proper buffers and the extra yellow for it's publicity photos under the wires.

Edit-here it is:

attachicon.gifIMAG3686.jpg

Is it a 90 ?

Well the cover image of the loco numbers book for 1988, shows the exact same loco, in the same position standing in the same Crewe works paint shop that mine was taken in. ( it was built in the paint shop as the erecting shop was being deconstructed at that time I understand). Unless someone swapped the locos in the night, it’s not a 91 and certainly not an 89, it was years before the 92 existed and before the the Channel tunnel locos were built...

I can say it was, at the time I took the photograph a fully qualified “87201”, as at that time they were classed as 87/2’s, but became later as class 90’s.. in keeping with the new decade, marketing oppys and that they looked radically different.

the buffers were definitely swapped after both mine and the cover images... more research needed to see how it looked on first running... but buffers on mine at the finished paint shop image are stock oval buffers, not the flattened sides, most likely those new designed buffers weren’t ready before the loco was.

Edited by adb968008