Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

• RMweb Gold

My understanding is that the Ivatt C1 is exclusive to Locomotion/NRM in all variations.

Thanks Andy. It would be good to hear categorically from Locomotion that none of the liveries and numbers they are currently offering will be offered in the main Bachmann range at any point in the future or, if that isn't the case, the period of 'exclusivity'.

• RMweb Gold

Mike (The Stationmaster) and I had a truly wonderful experience today at Shildon.I deposited him at Durham station so he is safely winging his way back to King's Cross as I post,courtesy of East Coast Trains.Thanks,Sandra,for the directions!

I'll take this opportunity now of a personal thanks to all at NRM Locomotion Models,particularly to Brian and the indomitable Sandra who were the soul of welcome,hospitality and good conversation and who allowed us both a uniquely satisfying experience

And of course to Graham Hubbard and the Bachmann team...who made it all happen...and who were equally friendly and engaging.

Thanks a million guys. I wish you every success with 251 and its "children"

Mike and I indulged ourselves to start you on your way.

Ian...now returned to Low Fell.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy. It would be good to hear categorically from Locomotion that none of the liveries and numbers they are currently offering will be offered in the main Bachmann range at any point in the future or, if that isn't the case, the period of 'exclusivity'.

I thought I had posted that they ARE Locomotion exclusives...that was made quite clear at the launch by Brian.....and will remain so.

• RMweb Gold

Brian Greenwood stated at the launch that this is the case.I am unable to carve a tablet of stone for you,I am afraid....but that is what he said.I think,if you do read the posts,my position and Mike's ( The Stationmaster) at the launch is perfectly clear...we were invited guests.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

And mine. ;)

Unfortunately I couldn't fit in the trip to the invitation but I'm delighted that Locomotion invited some selected RMweb members along to the event so a personal thank you from me to the management and staff up at Shildon.

• Like 6

I was thinking that this was obvious as soon as the annoucement of the southern Atlantic was done. Even if some tooling is used, the research and development would surely encompass both types. As a result, Bachmann were able to develop both classes at the same time.

The engine is qutie nice, and looked impressive when parked up outside at the event in spring. Bachmann will also be doing a fantastic job given their current standards in the market, although now it seems other new companies are developing models to rival them. Im sure many will be pleased and that the model will prove popular.

Heres hoping they looked at the J21 when they were there for a Bachmann release in the future, but given the range from the NRM series I hope the lads down south get somthing next! (Bet you didnt think you'd here that from me!) 

Hi all

I'm glad the launch of not one but three atlantics today has been so well received. The models are simply stunning as some pics posted on here show.

After reading all the comments so far I would like to clarify a couple of things.

The models will hopefully arrive at locomotion either the end of this year or early 2015.

I know the website confuses people sometimes as it says 'in stock' when it isn't. That's just the way the website works I'm afraid. If I put a zero in the box it wouldn't show as available to buy so I do try to put the info on there somewhere.

We have exclusivity on the c1 Atlantic so if you want one , buy one!

It was nice to meet a couple of rm webbers today, so thank you Ian and mike!

The images on the website for the BR and lner versions are as in service. Sorry I mix up k1 and k2 tenders but they will be correct for the liveries.

Have I answered everything.? If not, just shout and I'll do my best to give you the info

Thank you to everyone involved today, sorry I was a few minutes late 'pushing the button' but it was a great day and to see how well the announcement was received makes me quite proud to be part of it.

I am now shifting a load of paper to make sure all orders are recorded and I don't lose any!!

Sandra

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

As a model rail subscriber I've been avoiding this topic just in case I let the cat out of the bag,but I was hoping that Bachmann would release this beauty when they announced the H2. The price is steep but it's pleasing to know and appreciated that parties involved have tried their best to keep the cost down. If £180 is the future of model prices then I do like the idea of pre-ordering with a deposit at least that way you can spread the cost.

• Like 1

Have just seen the EP photos - very tasty.

Interesting to note that the LBSCR H2 is not at this advanced level of pre-production. Does this imply that the C1 was started first and that Bachmann decided to release the H2 once they'd done a lot of the leg-work?

Cheers

Adrian

Almost certainly. I felt it odd that Bachmann would decide to choose a class of only 5 engines to do their first Atlantic, when the similar C1 class was much larger, more famous and of course 1 still existed.

We now know the C1 is exclusive to the NRM for a long time to come, good luck to them on that as it will help preserve one of Britain's finest engines. The H2 will equally ensure model shops have something to sell too.

I have ordered one of each class.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Almost certainly. I felt it odd that Bachmann would decide to choose a class of only 5 engines to do their first Atlantic, when the similar C1 class was much larger, more famous and of course 1 still existed.

We now know the C1 is exclusive to the NRM for a long time to come, good luck to them on that as it will help preserve one of Britain's finest engines. The H2 will equally ensure model shops have something to sell too.

I have ordered one of each class.

Perhaps the launch of the LBSCR variety is intended to be nearer the completion of the replica build, or maybe that one was announced first to throw us all off the scent.

Perhaps the launch of the LBSCR variety is intended to be nearer the completion of the replica build, or maybe that one was announced first to throw us all off the scent.

Only 2 models of what will effectively be an entirely new tool for the H2 is not really enough to lannch a new model, so maybe in 2015 we may see other liveries of the H2 announced. Bachmann hit the nail announcing the loco I wanted from that class in the first announcement.

I don't think the H2 threw me off the scent for the next NRM exclusive, quite the contrary in fact.

Can't wait to have both Atlantic types running next to each other.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Ian Hargrave for his photos of the models at posts 341 and 343.

I am sure it shouldn't be so, but my eye was drawn to the two types of tender shown - they are exquisite. I presume these are both GNR types? Were they exclusive to the C1 and C2 Atlantics, or were they used with other locos, such as the J6 or K3? If so, could the tenders be pointers to some other GNR loco Bachmann might introduce in future?

John

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Ian Hargrave for his photos of the models at posts 341 and 343.

I am sure it shouldn't be so, but my eye was drawn to the two types of tender shown - they are exquisite. I presume these are both GNR types? Were they exclusive to the C1 and C2 Atlantics, or were they used with other locos, such as the J6 or K3? If so, could the tenders be pointers to some other GNR loco Bachmann might introduce in future?

John

That's not down to me but StuartTrains at Locomotion NRM.They are indeed ,as you say,exquisite.

• RMweb Gold

So was there anything else?

The "anything else" is,of course,that we have three editions/ variants,instead of one,as most of us expected.When my opinion was canvassed on which period Atlantic should be produced,I suggested the other two and one in wartime black.

Not a bad result,I think?

There must surely be no complaints over that?

Just a thought, Great Northern atlantics came in two flavours, large and small boilered. If the 3 NRM exclusive models are all the same boiler type, does that mean that Bachmann are free to add the other boiler type to their main range without affecting the exclusivity of the NRMs models ?   

The "anything else" is,of course,that we have three editions/ variants,instead of one,as most of us expected.When my opinion was canvassed on which period Atlantic should be produced,I suggested the other two and one in wartime black.

Not a bad result,I think?

There must surely be no complaints over that?

Ian, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but when were you first privy to this information?

• RMweb Premium

It was but I understand all parties worked to look at the prices carefully.

A smart move, because frankly they needed to. It's already apparent on here that some people are put off by price. I am both relieved because I thought at one stage all this hype was about a reintroduced J72, and in a conundrum, I don't need one but I think it will be a rather nice model. Should I spend £180 on myself on something I might use once a year...................it's a tricky call.

• RMweb Gold

We have exclusivity on the c1 Atlantic so if you want one , buy one!

Sandra

Thanks Sandra - thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Brian Greenwood stated at the launch that this is the case.I am unable to carve a tablet of stone for you,I am afraid....but that is what he said.I think,if you do read the posts,my position and Mike's ( The Stationmaster) at the launch is perfectly clear...we were invited guests.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

Ian - sorry. You have been answering a question that wasn't actually being asked of you.

• RMweb Premium

Not being an expert on such things , is this the large boiler end version? Is that a C1 or C2? And probably stupid question but is the only difference the size of boiler? The NRM has both large and small boiler end versions doesn't it? So would both be exclusive?

I would interpret these questions on exclusivity as people enquiring whether they have to pay £180 to get an Atlantic or whether they should wait for a lower cost main range model. Coupled with the few people who have said too expensive for me, this should be a warning to manufacturers they are pushing it in terms of price. Oh yes I know costs are up but there is a ceiling the uk public will pay. Looks to me like they are very close to it.

Edited by Legend

Not being an expert on such things , is this the large boiler end version? Is that a C1 or C2? And probably stupid question but is the only difference the size of boiler? The NRM has both large and small boiler end versions doesn't it?

It's the C1 (large boiler type) Legend. Someone like Graeme King may be able to answer about whether this opens the doors about a small boiler type.