Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann announce 0-6-2T L&NWR Webb Coal Tank

Andy Y

Were there really only 502 "Full fat" SECR C class produced?

It would explain why they go for very high prices on ebay.

I have no idea how many were produced but I’d be very surprised if it were only 502. The only limited edition which I can recall was the SECR grey version, which was produced in Bachmann’s usual limited number of 504. There was a furore when the full fat version appeared because it was such a stunning livery – I think that’s the reason why they sold out so quickly and command such high prices now. Hindsight s a wonderful thing. I only bought one and it cost me £69. I wish I’d bought a thousand!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann have recently done re-runs of various items of rolling stock with running and catalogue numbers identical to the previous releases so it appears their former policy of not repeating models may be under review.

I was one of those who missed out on the "Bluebell" C Class and, having done so, decided not to bother with assembling a collection of Bluebell Railway themed items after all. I therefore didn't buy an E4 either. Neither was I interested in the simplified SECR version, simply because it wasn't the particular loco in the particular condition I rode behind. I did get a Dukedog, but not model of the preserved one.  

Bachmann would be perfectly free to re-run the fully liveried C class as it was not originally released as a limited edition. However, my plans having been re-thought, I'm not sure I would bother getting one now even if they did.

The Coal Tank looks like it will be a very attractive model of an attractive subject but my interest in "preserved" models now seems to have dissipated altogether and the prototypes didn't come within 150 miles of the area covered by my main modelling interests.

John

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sure there's plenty better pictures than mine to come, I have to say this looks good too.

There's some really nice stuff on display from a Bachmann today, it might be a wait, but my opinion it's worth it.

post-20773-0-03917900-1480175008_thumb.jpg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sure there's plenty better pictures than mine to come, I have to say this looks good too.

There's some really nice stuff on display from a Bachmann today, it might be a wait, but my opinion it's worth it.

Oh dear - absolutely, horribly, completely attractive, er, twice.  Once really ought to be enough, but ...

Guest Midland Mole

I will have to get at least 2 of these....probably 3....4?

Maybe not.....3 is fine.

- Alex

Edited by Midland Mole

The 'silver' beading on the tank/bunker tops though a bit bright is perfectly prototypical inasmuch as on some locos this steel beading was in fact burnished in LNW days.......

Coat's on

John

Edited by Crewe North

I do like that- certainly looks like it's living up to expectations

• RMweb Gold

You might well be right Ian - one (renumbered of course) is spot on, with a slight time warp.  But LNW livery would be pushing the time warp to Dr Who levels :angel:

Not sure about Time Warp...........Wallet Warp might be more appropriate :mosking:

Mike

Edited by ikks

Give them another 6 months and they might get round to it!! Then it might be in the shops for Christmas 2018

There is a precedent, the Bachmann K3 in LNER livery - early versions of no. 2394 had no virtually no lining and now a few years down the line there is a fully lined out and correct version albeit with some issues around the tender corners. So yes, lining can come later.

However, Bachmann loco shells generally seem to dismantle into nice sections - running plate, boiler, cab, etc. These can be a rewarding way to experiment with lining using transfers or even paint as the components are accessible.

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann really do a good job on small tank engines. I have no need whatso ever for one of these......want one..

Rob.