Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Gold

Having been out of the hobby for a number of years now back and wanting to buy stuff Derails were my obvious choice.  My first order was delivered on day 2 of the 2 - 7 day time frame so I was very happy with that.  Also emails to advise and update helped plan when to be in.

My second order (small) seemed to get lost in the system so only one email.  I sent a question to them to ensure the items were being delivered and received a reply from Dan almost immediately.  It would appear an email from Derails is missing in space (it happens) and Dan assured me that the goods were being delivered to them that day so would be sent on when they had them.  Since email received to confirm posted. 

This order was realtively small and I initially thought about not asking about it but their emails do say to reply if you have any questions.  I was pleased to receive a prompt reply with a positive result and find that the level of customer service is as good as I recall. 

Well done Dan and Derails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

My Derails pre-orders have generally arrived very promptly. Enjoying my last Rapido wagons with a pack of biscuits is really nice. All my recent orders have gone their way.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just had another prompt delivery from Derails, asked to delay sending for a day which they did.  Economy normally sent RM 48hr tracked which from them to me seems to work well. Anyone using it first time Derails don't give you the tracking number but you get emails from RM once they,ve got it and also an email on the day of delivery. If you have the RM tracker app it also seems tomwutomatically appear in it.

Mostly good prices and so far reliable on preorders.

Any queries normally find a quick reply. 

Edited by CUCKOO LINE
Info added
  • Thanks 1

I've only recently started trying Derails, but have had excellent service at the most reasonable prices I can currently find.  First time around I placed an on-line order for the maximum number of a particular item that the website showed to be in stock. Almost immediately, I received a phone call to check whether that was the total number I really wanted, and pointing out that more were actually in stock. I did actually want one more, and was able to increase my order, making best use of the free "economy delivery 2-7 days" option. The goods in fact arrived only 2 days later. I had almost equally quick delivery of a couple of other items I subsequently ordered, again using the free economy delivery option.  What could I possibly not like about that?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent service from Derails once more.

Both of their special edition Forest of Dean related wagons arrived this morning. Posted yesterday and arrived in West Yorkshire today.

Derails FDWs

Great work between Derails and Rapido in producing these two excellent wagons.

Derails FDWs

Derails FDWs

Cheers,

Mark 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A box of tasty goodies arrived today from Derails.

MM185787.JPG.8571dc34a17270a8738183a921750b20.JPG

There were also some wagons in the box.

MM185786.JPG.433a9a823cea786d7fde5b54cf5ff6eb.JPG

Not quite as tasty but still very nice, and they should last a lot longer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

They are really nice! I'm in the area in late May, if they still have some stock I might treat myself!

Check their opening hours - they do change - its worth being on their email list.

ChrisH (another very satisfied customer)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 16/04/2024 at 17:42, Gilbert said:

Check their opening hours - they do change - its worth being on their email list.

Good shout Chris, being a family business and holidays/special events etc (including one we have in the middle of May) usually mean we close the odd day here and there. We have a shop customer specific mailing list which we only recommend those that visit regularly or plan to visit anytime sign up to for updates on opening hours, shop only offers, etc. Anyone wishing to sign up can find that here.

Edited by Derails Models

3 hours ago, Derails Models said:

Good shout Chris, being a family business and holidays/special events etc (including one we have in the middle of May) usually mean we close the odd day here and there. We have a shop customer specific mailing list which we only recommend those that visit regularly or plan to visit anytime sign up to for updates on opening hours, shop only offers, etc. Anyone wishing to sign up can find that here.

Is there any plans to diverge the email listing so it includes other gauges? I have shopped with you a few times but as an N gauge modeller I cannot recall a single item in N gauge on there.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Is there any plans to diverge the email listing so it includes other gauges? I have shopped with you a few times but as an N gauge modeller I cannot recall a single item in N gauge on there.

Aha! We do have an N gauge mailing list, although I will be honest our newsletters are very much demand based and our N/OO9/Garden Railway newsletters only get distribution when something juicy happens - our OO is a more structured, regular newsletter...when I get time to set them up. 😅

Sounds like you might be on the wrong list there, not a problem at all - that'll be our fault. If you drop me an email through this page I can get you swapped over to the right on. 😊 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/04/2024 at 16:13, didcot said:

When I get a parcel from Derails, my youngest asks what is it and can I have the biscuits please?

Are the biscuits from the Meredrith & Drew factory in the Forest?