Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I interesting to read that from next week they're reducing the shop opening hours to twenty hours a week over four days [ 10am -3 pm]

I think its only a net reduction of 2.5 hours?

I have popped into the shop - but I suspect their main business is web sales...

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Heads up that Derails have announced two Forest of Dean related 7 Plank private owner wagons in today's Rapido announcement. 

Cannop Colliery:

https://derails.co.uk/cannop

Dean Forest Coal Co:

https://derails.co.uk/dean-forest-coal

Limited to 200 pieces on each wagon.

No relationship. Just a happy customer with an interest in the railways of the Forest of Dean.

Great news for Forest modellers. Both have been pre-ordered. 

We just need some decent Berry Wiggins bitumen tank wagons now.

Cheers,

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 46444 said:

We just need some decent Berry Wiggins bitumen tank wagons now.

Thanks for posting the links above Mark, appreciate that. 😀 They are already selling like hot-cakes!

Regarding the Berry Wiggins tankers, Dapol are helping out with that one albeit a general release and not an exclusive to us:

https://derails.co.uk/4F-059-005-Dapol-14T-Tank-Wagon-Berry-Wiggins-Black?search=Berry Wiggins

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 23/08/2023 at 16:29, didcot said:

Just received my Accurascale Manor from Derails. Superb service as usual plus a little extra.

20230823_161011.jpg.402e1c54d2e53bedce46397427189262.jpg

That's why they are my go to model shop.

My biscuits may well be eaten at the Bala Lake Railway Gala tomorrow.....

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 23/09/2023 at 11:59, Ian Hargrave said:

the inclusion of the sweet treats made me smile and made my day. How lovely is that !

I got some golden shortcake biscuits in a parcel delivered by Royal Mail, today.😎 Thanks Julie !

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/09/2023 at 11:59, Ian Hargrave said:

My day was brightened by another perfect delivery and the inclusion of the sweet treats made me smile and made my day. How lovely is that !

They actually got eaten on the Talyllyn on Saturday :)

• Funny 2

Have had nothing but excellent service from Derails

and are my first port of call. Have an excellent after sales service and am looking forward to my pre ordered locos in the next few months. Inclusion of biscuits is a very nice touch and I wouldn't hesitate  to nominate them as retailer of the year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, didcot said:

They must like Pasties as my Thunderbolt set arrived in a box previously packed with them.

Indeed so did mine...the apparent delivery of mail order pasties did cause some minor domestic "interest" here is all I'll say.......

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, didcot said:

They must like Pasties as my Thunderbolt set arrived in a box previously packed with them.

20 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Indeed so did mine...the apparent delivery of mail order pasties did cause some minor domestic "interest" here is all I'll say.......

However much I love Cornish Pasties I don't think I could managed that many...

They can be traced back to the Dean Forest Railway who kindly save and flatpack those boxes for us upon delivery. Rapido were very nice and provided the box dimensions in advance so we could prepare and stock up as those flat style boxes are hard to find! The other one that's a problem for finding boxes is the EFE LSWR 3 and 4 coach packs and the Rapido APT-E...

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent service from Derails. Ordered 37001 and D6702 after seeing they were in stock on Saturday 18th November,they arrived in a very well packed box about an hour ago courtesy of Royal Mail. Have only had a cursory glance at them so far,but they both appear to be lovely models.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks Dan and team for a really rapid service for the replacement of  my faulty Hornby  2MT. I can recommend this retailer for really top class service, before and after purchase 👍. I will certainly be using them again in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another great delivery from Dan and the team at Derails.  Ordered my CC1 Booster, easy ordering, low deposit as a pre-order and it arrived safe and sound.  Just chipped and she runs like a dream.

These have been my go to online shop for some time now, check ‘em out😎

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alf Tupper said:

Another great delivery from Dan and the team at Derails.  Ordered my CC1 Booster, easy ordering, low deposit as a pre-order and it arrived safe and sound.  Just chipped and she runs like a dream.

These have been my go to online shop for some time now, check ‘em out😎

Indeed,many of us have for quite a few years 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

As my local model shops didn’t have what I was after, I recently used Derails for the first time.  Very helpful on the phone and my loco was delivered on the day requested.  No biscuits, so perhaps they knew I was trying to loose a few pounds.  Lots of pounds on the loco, both in cash and weight (over 3 kg).