Hattons announce 10 exclusive limited editions Austerity/J94 by DJModels

Andy Y

J94 artwork.jpg

Dave Mylett has sent over the artwork for each of Hattons exclusive editions of the J94. Once again there's great attention to detail in replicating the plates on each of the models. There's a pdf of each if you'd like to take a look and comment if you find anything which needs further consideration.

j9401_colour_layout.pdf

j9402_colour_layout.pdf

j9403_colour_layout.pdf

j9404_colour_layout.pdf

j9405_colour_layout.pdf

j9406_colour_layout.pdf

j9407_colour_layout.pdf

j9408_colour_layout-r.pdf

j9409_colour_layout.pdf

j9410_colour_layout.pdf

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
We have had the first sample through of our Limited Edition J94 from DJ Models.  It has been sent to Mercig Studios for weathering and now looks just as it should from the factory.  I’m sure you will agree it captures the ‘oily cleaned’ finish of 68012 from the final days of the Cromford and High peak railway perfectly and we can’t wait to see the rest.  The livery itself is to be changed slightly with some tweaks but still looks great.  The rest of the samples should be with us over the next few weeks and these are still on course for a Q1 2016 release.

HattonsDJM.png

J94side2_1.png

J94front_1.png

J94side1_1.jpg

J94rear_1.jpg

J94quarter_1.jpg

• Like 15

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm being a bit critical here-

Isn't 71515 a little too orange? - or at least a little too pale?

post-13358-0-92581000-1453589035_thumb.jpg

Apart from that, fantastic.

Les

(who will weather his 71515 in any event.....)

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 1

Just a small point on liveries - J9406 - which apparently portrays RSH 7139/1944, NCB Mountain Ash No.8 had a black painted top to the saddle tank and black dome following its overhaul in the Mountain Ash, Central Workshop during the mid 1970s.

I cannot say if it had a black saddle tank top prior to its overhaul, but it did have black and yellow chevrons on its buffer planks at least, where as post overhaul the buffer planks were red.

Brian R

and queue the livery moaning........................

One suspects the phrase you intended was "cue, the livery moaning..............."

as opposed that which was produced by your keyboard, namely "queue the livery moaning.................."

Brian

Hatton's are aware that further revision to tones on some of the samples. We specifically discussed Robert, Mech.Navvies and WPR last week. The previous EP of Mech navvies was cerise pink so it's an improvement.

• Like 1

No high horse here, it is always the same..............and there is no doubt that there are many on here that know what they should look like, and as Andy has stated Hattons are aware that some liveries need the tones adjusting. 

Wheatley himself said there is a difference in the two photos  between the WPR sample, not sure but I think they are likely the same loco just under different lighting conditions. 

No high horse here, it is always the same..............and there is no doubt that there are many on here that know what they should look like, and as Andy has stated Hattons are aware that some liveries need the tones adjusting.

Wheatley himself said there is a difference in the two photos between the WPR sample, not sure but I think they are likely the same loco just under different lighting conditions.

Hi, the WPR is a new version (note running plate edge, and running number on buffer beam) as specified by Hattons for the revised sample, which this is.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

"... Andy has stated Hattons are aware that some liveries need the tones adjusting...."

Accepted, but then I'm not privy to what Hatton's know, only the images that have been posted.

I can't account for, and won't comment upon the other models, only the loco of which I had intimate knowledge.

Brian R

post-1599-0-43199000-1453753617_thumb.jpg

I'm glad Hattons intend to look again at 71515- Mech Navvies technically was the name of the contractor working the screens.  The loco was 71515 and its counterpart at Swalwell was 75167.

This name was carried by BOTH locos at the site, though only 75167 got re-lettered when Mech Navvies Ltd were replaced as contractors by Johnsons of Chopwell.

post-13358-0-94029300-1453766685_thumb.jpg

Here is 75167 after change of tank side lettering- indeed it may have already been withdrawn by then as the two diesels that replaced the Austerities had already arrived.  Indeed 12088 can be seen in the background to this pic..

Again- I made a livery comment (not a moan) intended to be before authorisation for production so that Hattons could look again and release an engine that was the right colour.

Les

BTW- the only PINK locos I really remember were a couple of Warships at Canton in December 1969 that were long overdue for a coat of Banger blue.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments on the latest colour samples, and also to Brian R for the excellent photos of Mountain Ash 8 (Please rest assured that this now has a black tank top as per its post-overhaul state). I'm fully aware of the colour situation and these will be showcased again when further examples are with us which we're working with Dave Jones to ensure the exact shades are as they should be.

The release dates for these have been amended on our system alongside the Kings and 14xxs however this is not due to any issues with production, just to provide a realistic release date in order to stem any disappointment.

Cheers!

Dave

Edited by Hatton's Dave