Hattons announce 10 exclusive limited editions Austerity/J94 by DJModels

Andy Y

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought- brought on by Dave putting out livery samples on a CHP base....

Has the Cromford version got oval buffers and a bunker ladder?

If not, is it too late to correct it?

Les

• RMweb Gold

Just a thought- brought on by Dave putting out livery samples on a CHP base....

Has the Cromford version got oval buffers and a bunker ladder?

If not, is it too late to correct it?

Les

Hi Les,

I can confirm that 68012 will be receiving oval buffers but will be without its rear bunker ladder, which the loco ran without for the latter years of its Cromford life as portrayed by our release. 68006 retained its ladder until the end.

A great comparison photo is available on Flickr HERE - not mine unfortunately (not until the time machine is invented anyway!) - 68006 is closest to camera with 68012 piloting.

Jaf, regarding release date, we'll be able to confirm exact dates shortly but can confirm that these should be with us soon.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Many thanks.  Looking forward to my 71515 arriving and looking to see if I'll be able to afford a second bite at the set...

My Dapol Cromford J94 is currently in bits while I cut away enough of the tank weight to get a chip into it.  I numbered it as 68034 but later saw a pic of that loco on Darlington's dead line waiting scrap.  It still had an early logo and bunker number, while my very heavily weathered one had late crest and a bunker number (though it did have oval buffers and a tank ladder (which the real one still had on the dead line) - AND wooden cab shutters.

When it returns to service it will have been metamorphosised with an RT Models Lambton cab....

All the very best

Les

I wonder if there is an aftermarket opportunity for 3D printed cab shutters.  Cromford used them.  Backworth N0.4 ran with one from time to time, and the Bachmann/Model Rail Deleval USA tank also appears in one photo with a wooden cab shutter.  I made mine from the floor of a  wagon kit I was scrapping at the time.

I got my email yesterday as well for 71515. Given they are in production, and Dave reckoned the Hattons ones would likely be first down the line, add 7 weeks for shipping and you get August 4th.

Sometime in August would be a safe guess barring more profitable cargo diverting the container ship en route..

Les

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I can confirm that the following have been produced and are now on their way from China. The remainder are following shortly behind and we're expecting all locomotives to be with us in August.

• J9401 - Austerity 0-6-0ST "Robert" in NCB Bold Colliery lined green
  • J9402 - Austerity 0-6-0ST 71515 in Mech Navvies maroon
  • J9407 - Austerity 0-6-0ST No 4 in NCB Backworth Colliery lined black
  • J9408 - Austerity 0-6-0ST 98 "Royal Engineer" in Army green

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Hatton's Dave
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Robert" now processed, picked and packed for 24 hour tracked delivery  :imsohappy:

24 hours I can only wish

Just received my notification from Hattons one down 4 to go then waiting on the RM yellow sub

My first one (J9407 - Austerity 0-6-0ST No 4 in NCB Backworth Colliery lined black) is estimated at 5 min days with luck it will be, got all my fingers and toes crossed that it makes it safely Down Under

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I like the video but  like the real thing more. Robert turned up about 14.30 and was delivered with a smile from the man from Yodel. (Yes, honestly he was a cheerful and polite chap!) After carefully unpacking, fitting decoder and running in as instructed it's now running beautifully. As far as I am concerned it's a lovely model and I'm pleased with it so a big thank you to DJM and Hattons.

• Like 2

A couple from me, looking rather pristine in its surroundings

post-6861-0-43952200-1470245585_thumb.jpeg

post-6861-0-25483300-1470245603_thumb.jpeg

That it will be weathered at some stage is certain, just what livery it gains before that is in the balance.

Only had time for a quick look so far but first impressions are of a lovely looking model, nicely finished and very nicely presented in its box.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I've taken the plunge and ordered the Royal Engineer plain(ish) green one as I was looking for an industrial shunter for my new goods yard section.  Looking forward to receiving it.

I have just chipped my two examples, NCB black and NCB green. The black one works a treatalthough it doesn't like some of my tighter points (front wheels lift off the track) but I suspect it wasn't intended to work on tight radius curves. The green one won't budge. I can hear the motor trying to turn the wheels, they just wont budge. They have a small amount of play in them when pushed by hand so I doubt it's the coupling rods fouling, there must be a blocked cog somewhere.

I just hope Hattons have a replacement left by the time it gets back to them! 

Just got my Royal Engineer one, looks very nice, but has been some damage during delivery. The front handrail above the smoke box was loose in the box. Will be on its way back to Hattons for a replacement this afternoon. Very good service from them.

post-18812-0-27506100-1471091980_thumb.jpg