Hattons announce 10 exclusive limited editions Austerity/J94 by DJModels

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Mine has just been on test, running in on my rolling road and it had an attentive audience...

post-6910-0-92359800-1471116689_thumb.jpg

For a thirteen week old, he is certainly taking an interest in the right things!!!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Mine has just been on test, running in on my rolling road and it had an attentive audience...

attachicon.gifThomas01.jpg

For a thirteen week old, he is certainly taking an interest in the right things!!!

Not quite - it's only a kettle..........

He really needs to learn the subtleties of Class 47 variants by the age of two..............

Cheers,

Mick

Does anyone know what the mysterious black panel accompanying Robert is for?

According to the literature included in the box each model comes with accessories corresponding to the prototype it was modelled on. Some come with detail to add above the buffer beam where relevant, it doesn't say which ones though!

71515 has now arrived on "No Place" and has been chipped. The delay was due to it arriving the day after I went off on holiday and having to wait for my return- Sods Law strikes again.

post-13358-0-08914000-1471165424_thumb.jpg

With Hornby 49 behind.

post-13358-0-76661400-1471165426_thumb.jpg

Parked up in front of one of the Geisl pair.

First impressions are that it runs a lot better than the Hornby ones, but might be a little more track sensitive. However the derailment is at a point that catches out quite a few of the No Place Fleet and doesn't happen every time (as did with the Bachmann 64xx).

As a result of 71515 arriving the last of my pristine Hornby J94s is going on eBay as soon as I've photographed it, found the box and restored its address to 03.

Les

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A couple from me, looking rather pristine in its surroundings

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That it will be weathered at some stage is certain, just what livery it gains before that is in the balance.

Only had time for a quick look so far but first impressions are of a lovely looking model, nicely finished and very nicely presented in its box.

Very nice too. I do like a red engine.

• RMweb Gold

Any idea when the weathered ones will arrive as I do want to get one of the two heavily weathered ones.

Hi 9402,

The remaining releases should arrive with us on Monday and will be available for purchase once they've all been checked over - Wednesday is a likely date.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Hatton's Dave
  • Like 1

It certainly isn't. A 50% rise in the cost of shipping a container across the Pacific in a single day... I wonder who's going to cover that?

Griff

We are, of course, in increased costs of everything we buy as this adds to the fall in the value of the pound.  Not immediately as a lot is paid in advance, but over the next few months the extra costs will work through.  

Les

In just a few years new "Silk Road" standard gauge railway line from China through the central asian "stans" and Turkey to connect to European railways will really upset ocean container freight traffic capacity. Only Africa and the Americas will require container traffic to make ocean voyages. 

In just a few years new "Silk Road" standard gauge railway line from China through the central asian "stans" and Turkey to connect to European railways will really upset ocean container freight traffic capacity. Only Africa and the Americas will require container traffic to make ocean voyages.

It may, but as the cost of shipping a container from China to Tilbury by sea is still less than the cost of getting that container from Tilbury to a warehouse 50 miles away by road it also may not.....

Just a thought

Les

Ken maybe not.... Most of Asia and the bits south need container traffic too! I'll be interested once they get a standard rail link from China through Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, through to Papua New Guinea, down through the Torres Strait, across into northern Australia! Poor kiwis might be a bit miffed as there seems to be a big jump from Australia to the north island!

Yes this was tongue in cheek but container travel will still be happening for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Ken maybe not.... Most of Asia and the bits south need container traffic too! I'll be interested once they get a standard rail link from China through Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, through to Papua New Guinea, down through the Torres Strait, across into northern Australia! Poor kiwis might be a bit miffed as there seems to be a big jump from Australia to the north island!

Yes this was tongue in cheek but container travel will still be happening for the foreseeable future.

You can take a freight car anywhere. 

A long time ago I worked for Crowley Maritime which owned Alaska Hydro-Train. AHT tandem towed 100 X 400 foot barges from Seattle Washington to Whittier Alaska. 8 tracks on each barge, chained up to 80 US railroad cars on deck a voyage.  1200 miles across the gulf of Alaska with sometimes 20 foot seas. Twice a week at the height of the oil boom in Alaska in the 1980's. A tandem tow has the second barge behind the first. There are two tow lines with the line to the second barge fitted with diving planes to go under the first barge.  6,000 HP 8 man crew tugs. 

Never lost a barge.

Kiwi's would have to standard gauge their narrow gauge track. 

Edited by autocoach

Hi all,

The remaining five industrial variants are now in stock, with the 'Cromford version' J9403 coming shortly.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave

Just got the notification that my 4 are one their way down under.

Fingers crossed thay look just like the samples and not like some "other" company's attempts at factory weathering

Looking forward to there arrival hopfully dosnt take as long as the last one that was on a world tour for a couple of weeks.

Edited by SMR CHRIS

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dave

Just got the notification that my 4 are one their way down under.

Fingers crossed thay look just like the samples and not like some "other" company's attempts at factory weathering

Looking forward to there arrival hopfully dosnt take as long as the last one that was on a world tour for a couple of weeks.

Hi Chris, all the photos on our listings have been amended to show models 'as produced' and this is as they will be supplied, with the exception of J9403.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Hatton's Dave
  • Like 1