Hattons announce 14xx / 48xx / 58xx

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Undoubtedly. As the older 4-wheelers bit the dust in the early-30s, loco buffer-packing increased.

Which reminds me, I'm fairly certain a 48xx worked the Malmesbury branch with a new Bristol Division B-set from 1933.

Malmesbury seems to have had 58xxs rather than 48s. Fenton's book has pictures of a freshly overhauled set of 4-wheelers dated 1933, and a reference to new B-sets a year latr. Certainly 58xx + B-set post-war.

Edited by 4069

You called?

A real Captain.

Sorry, but I don't quite know what either of you are on about.

I suspect you are winding us up but just to avoid any ambiguity  (and a spanking for wandering off topic).

Stick with it to the end.

Rather fetching waistcoats doncha think? Flashing epaulettes in the Twenty First Century. I can sense your disappointment they haven't caught on on.  (yet)

Edited by Porcy Mane

A real Captain.

I suspect you are winding us up but just to avoid any ambiguity  (and a spanking for wandering off topic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV8YbLvGrb0

Stick with it to the end.

Rather fetching waistcoats doncha think? Flashing epaulettes in the Twenty First Century. I can sense your disappointment they haven't caught on on.  (yet)

Ah, Captain Scarlet, I remember it well.

A lesser known fact that I was the youngest 'shade' ever in the Captain Scarlett fan club at 3 months old! (Don't laugh)

Each 'shade' was named captain.....then a colour..... so I was Captain Magenta.........no no stop laughing at the back.

• RMweb Premium

Peckett song - update!

(Hornby)

H and P, change of date.

Coming soon, not long to wait.

Better get down to the warehouse, boys.

We’ve gotta pack a Peckett or two.

We’ve gotta pack a Peckett or two, boys.

We’ve gotta pack a Peckett or two.

(Boys - and girls)

Let us know when it is due

We’re waiting for the Peckett in blue.

EDIT  Many apologies - posted on the wrong thread (clever, that isn't!) - what comes of following two many threads at the same time!  But many thanks for the ratings, that is most kind.  I will re-post in the proper place!

Edited by southern42

Yes, are you a real boy, too?

I think so. At least I was the last time I checked.

Oh and I had free fall lifeboat cox ticket. (now lapsed) Any good?

Next week., fab...

Don't you mean S.I.G.? 

Just in case the captain asks.  :smile_mini2:

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070624082435AAVLPg9

Edited by Porcy Mane

Have they all ordered the 420 instead of a 1420?

(explanation as most of you probably won't get it: 420 is California slang for the salubrious weed now legally consumed by some, but not I in the Golden State) 

• RMweb Gold

I think so. At least I was the last time I checked.

Oh and I had free fall lifeboat cox ticket. (now lapsed) Any good?

Don't you mean S.I.G.? 

Just in case the captain asks.  :smile_mini2:

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070624082435AAVLPg9

Actually, I think I prefer FAB.

Just being serious for a moment, I do think that the smokebox door of this 14XX is the best ever 4mm reproduction that I've seen. Certainly captures the prototype well.

• RMweb Gold

Just being serious for a moment, I do think that the smokebox door of this 14XX is the best ever 4mm reproduction that I've seen. Certainly captures the prototype well.

The model does have "some" good part's, shame about those awful buffers they really spoil the front end.

Insomnia?

Wasn't she Ammonia's sister? No it was neither of them two.

Around my doors we always thought FAB a bit poncy but F.A.B. acceptable. Spectrum is Green was something of a contradiction in terms almost bordering on the Oxymoron so after a meeting of the Durham Under Eights Gerry Anderson Appreciation & Debating Society it was decided to use the term "Arl-reet" to indicate everything was OK.

That Dart looks splendid but those buffers. I've got a thing about buffers and it seems to my eyes that working large diameter shank buffers are never very well done in 4 mm RTR. The shanks just look too anorexic. That goes for all RTR manufacturers.

Good job we've got MJT 2375's & LMS buffers.

F.A.B.  Arl-reet?

• RMweb Gold

Not quite sure what's wrong with the buffers, Bob?

There's a gap at the stub of the buffer shank as Coachmann say change them, I can't see the point of buying one and cutting about and filling gaps up.

• RMweb Gold

Personally, I'd rather they binned the "working" buffers on all r-t-r models and put on accurately proportioned fixed ones.

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of r-t-r locos with sprung buffers I have encountered on which the spring rate wasn't a bad joke.

The only reason for needing working buffers is the use of "scale" couplings and anyone capable of fitting them shouldn't have any more difficulty replacing the buffers, too.

John

Personally, I'd rather they binned the "working" buffers on all r-t-r models and put on accurately proportioned fixed ones.

I suppose there is an analogy with cup holders in cars. In the RTR market they've become more common place and expected, a reviewer will mark something down if not so fitted, even though their use is of negligible benefit.

(Sez the man who fits sprung buffers to virtually all his stock)

I suppose there is an analogy with cup holders in cars. In the RTR market they've become more common place and expected, a reviewer will mark something down if not so fitted, even though their use is of negligible benefit.

(Sez the man who fits sprung buffers to virtually all his stock)

You obviously don't live in Canada, where no roadtrip can be completed without the obligatory Tim Hortons Coffee and donut stop.

Car cupholders essential!