Hattons announce 14xx / 48xx / 58xx

Andy Y

They do a nice variation of steak tatar in Belgium and the Netherlands (fillet americain) which is very good provided good beef is used.

I find that in Belgium and the Netherlands they grind the beef a little too finely and it reminds one of cat food! The Danes get it just right in my view.

Michael 

• RMweb Gold

They do a nice variation of steak tatar in Belgium and the Netherlands (fillet americain) which is very good provided good beef is used.

Best I have had is that made by the in-laws in the Czech Republic.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Getting back on-topic, I've just had a dekko at the pic of 1450, my pre-ordered 14xx and it appears { *NOT } to possess the nether accoutrement formerly under discussion.  :yes:

John

* Edited in response to Post #964.  

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

After the bumpy ride on this topic I have not seen, or have missed, comment on the recessed number plates in the latest images- to my eyes the plates seem to fill the recesses without a gap- a big improvement- which shows this medium is effective.

• RMweb Premium

Getting back on-topic, I've just had a dekko at the pic of 1450, my pre-ordered 14xx and it appears to possess the nether accoutrement formerly under discussion.  :yes:

John

The broadside view is clear that it doesn't.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/94516/DJ_Models_Dave_Jones_H1414_Class_14xx_0_4_2_1450_in_BR_Lined_green_with_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Gold

The front-three-quarter view evidently fooled me.

On looking further, I couldn't see an ash-pan on any of the broadside views, though there isn't one for every version.

John  

• RMweb Gold

After the bumpy ride on this topic I have not seen, or have missed, comment on the recessed number plates in the latest images- to my eyes the plates seem to fill the recesses without a gap- a big improvement- which shows this medium is effective.

As shown in the side on photo, it's clearly still an issue (and still clearly doesn't work given the wonkey plate in the photo.)

However given that neither Dave Jones or Hattons are willing to admit it was a mistake, nor listen to any criticism of the idea, what's the point of raising it again....

• RMweb Gold

As did the Germans in the GDR.

Unfortunately it is a dish that seems to be beyond the scope of butchers and chefs in the UK.

Bernard

The Danish version used to be served with raw eggs. So if the Mad-cow disease didn't get you the Salmonella would. It was a culinary Russia roulette played with a submachine gun.