ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mark SG

Many thanks for the very positive comments about our exhibition, really rewarding that it got you into railway modelling.

We try very hard to promote railway modelling to both the newcomer and long established modeller with both inspirational layouts and trade support to all.

We pride ourselves in being totally inderpendent with no sponsorship or trade support offering a exhibition to suit all.

See you next weekend

Eltel (Terry)

• RMweb Gold

I've enjoyed it every time I've been. I'd say it's one of the best club exhibitions on the calendar.

Actually, the Stafford exhibition is particularly meaningful to me, because it's what persuaded me to get back into modelling after a break of more than thirty years. Back in 2003, I'd recently moved to Stoke-on-Trent and I happened to see an advert for the Stafford show (I can't remember where, because I wasn't a member of RMweb at the time and I wasn't looking out for model news). And, having been an active modeller back in my teens and early twenties, I decided it might be interesting to drop in. So I did. And I came away from the show with a Hornby 0-4-0 loco, a few wagons, an oval of track and a power unit.

That was just under 15 years ago, and I'm still working on the layout that was inspired by that visit. And I've been to every Stafford show since. Unless I ever move so far away that it's out of my range, I can't imagine any reason why I'd want to give it a miss.

Terry is putting your free ticket and "reward" in the post as we speak :jester:

Mike.

Hi

Just been looking through Rail Express at the selection of Modern Image layouts attending at Stafford, next week.  OMG what a selection :- Airesby Colliery, Barton Road, Cross Heath, Garsdale Head, Lagganmoor, Millfield Yard, Aberdeen Kirkhill, Farkham, Whiteacres, Loftus Road, Pharambe Hall, Deesdale Road, Eskmuir, Raneleigh Bridge, Realstone, Star Lane, Town Wall Yard, Redford Junction, Weslo Street, Iron Street Mills, Elcot Road & Invergeachy.  That's a record breaking 22 layouts, surely something for everyone, with layouts from large roundies, end to end, Depots and branch line halts.  Also the numbers of gauges represented (N, TT, OO, P4, EM & O).  

So looking forward and proud to be apart of this line-up

post-8832-0-06727700-1422141467_thumb.jpg

my layout Melangoose already to be packed away and waiting for next weekend.

Nigel Crow

• RMweb Premium

Hi Terry

There used to be a China Clay Facility at Melangoose Mill on the Retew branch, which joined the Newquay line at St Dennis junction.

Regards

Nigel

And nothing to do with goosing ######............................... :jester:

edit: the rmw bad word filter doesn't like the word ###### - it's an anagram of lemons......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

You live and learn.....

Perhaps after today's FA Cup results some Premier League managers will learn.

Come on you Stoke.....

See you all next weekend.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

After yesterday results anything could happen.

Are you going to the match?

Whoever wins or loses we can still play nicely at the weekend.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

There is no avoiding the local show.......    Probably Saturday.      Drawing up my shopping list as I type...   Show looks good.

Andy

Don't you mean.

Drawing my shopping list as I open a beer!

See you Saturday

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Only three days to go for the Stafford Railway Circle exhibition.

Full details on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk under Exhibtions

The build up starts tomorrow (Thursday) with the collecting of the extra barriers from Warley MRC

More updates as they happen.

Terry

Archived