MRJ 235

Bulwell Hall

MRJ 235 has just dropped onto my doormat - actually I don't have a doormat but you get the gist!

Guest editor is Jerry Clifford.

Contents are:

Small Suppliers Forum

The North Cornwall Railway in 2FS - by John Greenwood

Light Work - lightweight baseboards by Gordon Gravett

Model railway Operation - by Bob Paddison

Starting in Gauge One, Scale 1/32 - Simon Castens

The Eye in the Sky - the Aerofilms Collection by Charlotte Hill

Letters

And Now For Something Completely Different - building a 2FS 4F by Laurie Griffin

Quai:87 - by Brian Harrap

But I haven't seen it in Smiffs yet! 

It's now arrived we know what's in it and only a handful of posts!

Well, all very anti-climactic, innit? We know the contents, nothing looks heretical and everyone foamed out on the speculative thread, nothing to do now but read the magazine (in a month when it swims over here).

Cheers,

David

edited dodgy spelling

Looks like it'll be a good read.

I've not had a chance to get a copy of this issue yet (or the last one to be honest), but I wondered if there was anyone out there that could answer a quick question for me?

Do EM wheels work on P4 track...?

Is this thread locked yet ???

Trying my best... ;) :)

• RMweb Premium

Please, pretty please........

Any chance of actually keeping this one to a real discussion about issue 235?

The attempts at humour are wearing as thin as a P4 flange now.

The previous thread on 235 was the best ammunition for anybody who thinks that the web should never have been created that I have seen in a long time.

Many pages of drivel on a thread about a magazine that wasn't even out. What a waste of people's time, both them writing it and mine, hoping to read something sensible about MRJ 235 and having my hopes dashed every time I looked it up.

I am all for a bit of humour and have attempted a "funny" posting once or twice myself but that was just inane, banal, torture and this one is rapidly going the same way.

Tony

Please, pretty please........

Any chance of actually keeping this one to a real discussion about issue 235?

The attempts at humour are wearing as thin as a P4 flange now.

The previous thread on 235 was the best ammunition for anybody who thinks that the web should never have been created that I have seen in a long time.

Many pages of drivel on a thread about a magazine that wasn't even out. What a waste of people's time, both them writing it and mine, hoping to read something sensible about MRJ 235 and having my hopes dashed every time I looked it up.

I am all for a bit of humour and have attempted a "funny" posting once or twice myself but that was just inane, banal, torture and this one is rapidly going the same way.

Tony

Oooooh, so who got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.....

Okay, so did I , lets keep it on topic - namely MRJ 235.

Morning Tony.

Dave Franks.

The 2FS 4F looks interesting, seeing as I have an old Mike Raithby version buried somewhere....

You should dig it out and build it. That made into a very nice model in the right hands.

(Wish I had realised this wasn't the same nonsensical thread about issue 235. I was in town earlier and could have looked for the magazine if I had realised it was out :( )

• RMweb Gold

What a waste of people's time, both them writing it and mine,

May I apologise (and I mean this most sincerely, folks) for wasting any else's time but my own (I happily gave any time devoted to that thread freely and without malice aforethought).

I'm looking forward to my copy turning up (the postman will probably ring the doorbell about half a dozen times, like he usually does these days, to ensure that we've heard him...). It's great to see Jerry as guest editor - well done, presumably Jerry is the one who has selected the articles? Quai 87 will not fail to disappoint, of course, as per usual, and I'm sure that many folk will find Simon Castens' account of 'P' Gauge 1 of interest (that's 'Not Jeremy' to the uninitiated).

Rest of it sounds pretty good, too.

• RMweb Premium

Picked up my copy from Dave Harding at The Exeter Model Shop this afternoon, and what a cracking issue.

I had anticipated that John Greenwood's North Cornwall empire would have a strong presence, and I wasnt dissapointed.  So far ive only looked at the photos, but they've stirred a few memories with the pictures of Bodmine.

Havent got as far as Quai 87 yet.

Well done Jerry!

Dave.

Please heed Tony's polite request; I'll delete any further postings that perpetuate previous discussions.

I'll behave, Andy, but I really enjoyed the surreal element of the postings pertaining to the non existent magazine.  My sense of humour (double meaning one liners) but obviously not that of others. 

Bill

Thank goodness we got rid of the rubbish and now can find the ibformation we were looking for.

Moderators at last.

Looks like a good issue, Jerry will not disapoint and John Greenwod's layout should be good by what I have seen before.

Looking forward to it.

• RMweb Premium

Well, I got hold of my copy at Wakefield show and have had a read.

Nice one Jerry. A good spread from the tiny stuff to the big stuff. Gauge 1 in MRJ!  Whatever next?

I hope I didn't come across as being too grumpy earlier. I really have no problem with a bit of humour on a thread. In some circles I am known for my rapier wit and wonderful jokes (just ask anybody who knows me) but when the same stuff was appearing on the third consecutive MRJ thread it just stretched it a bit too far.

If I have a gripe it is about the now familiar "operational" competition. I quickly lose the will to live just reading through such things. I much preferred a straightforward quiz or a crossword.

Tony

Archived