The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2015 - Place your bets!

Oldddudders

Ron was asked by a reporter if Alonso was taking a sabbatical and he (Ron) said that anything's possible. He didn't say he was and he certainly didn't say he offered him one. Alonso said he had never asked for one, and certainly hadn't been offered one.

Slightly off topic but former Manor Marrusia top brass Graeme Lowdon and John Booth are rooted to be interested in setting a endurance team up

An endurance team - is that like being at McLaren?

Well, here's the warning for Rosberg: change your attitude or we'll replace you! link Of course they have to say the warning is for both, but 3x Champion Lewis has just extended his contract :rolleyes:

Not really related: the team principles have elected their top 10 of past season. I'm not surprised that Verstappen took 4th :P

I didn't know certain teams had any principles.

Sorry x2.

• RMweb Premium

Are Tag Heuer still share holders at McLaren?

Is there any truth in the allegation that Tag Heuer sold their shareholding to Dataday Diaries, since that is a more appropriate method of measuring the McLaren Honda lap times?

I bet they'll improve the Engine now.

AND I had to laugh the other day at the Honda advert SHOWING the F1 McLaren and saying.........................The Power of Dreams, hahhahahha

Tell that to Jenson and Fred. :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

Looks like McLaren will have LOADS OF ROOM on their Car advertising next year, How about clubbing together for an R M Web advert?

Lets just HOPE that Honda have some influence on the Livery for 2016, and it goes to Red and White, or something bright, although the Grey looked smart, I never felt it was the right colour for a Racing Car, but then it very rarely performed like a Racing Car, more like Grannies Shopping trolley, and then with probably a Yellow Renault, Sauber Blue and Yellow, and the (as always) Red Ferrari we might just get a more colourful looking grid.

Does anyone know what colours Hass uses in the States?

...: the American team is called Haas, probably has a Dutch heritage in there somewhere. Sadly, Dutch names and traditions are all too often warped by the British :nono:  :P

Perhaps by the Anglophones: I am sure the Celts have much more sensitivity in these matters.

One simply has to have fun with it. My old fashioned Amsterdam style surname is totally unfamiliar in the Anglosphere. Having given the spelling, I then give the pronunciation as 'Vlodolovsky' which shares only letter; personal revenge for such things as Mainwaring and Featherstonehaugh.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like McLaren will have LOADS OF ROOM on their Car advertising next year, How about clubbing together for an R M Web advert?

Lets just HOPE that Honda have some influence on the Livery for 2016, and it goes to Red and White, or something bright, although the Grey looked smart, I never felt it was the right colour for a Racing Car, but then it very rarely performed like a Racing Car, more like Grannies Shopping trolley, and then with probably a Yellow Renault, Sauber Blue and Yellow, and the (as always) Red Ferrari we might just get a more colourful looking grid.

Does anyone know what colours Hass uses in the States?

Look on the bright side Andy - back to the good old days of F1 cars painted in national colours (with occasional team embellishment such as BRM's orange nose) with their appearance unsullied by adverts for anything from drinks to condoms and various entertainments in between those two.

• RMweb Premium

It's a nice fantasy but with a title sponsorship costing £10 - 40 million pa, a co-sponsorship  £2 - £12 million pa and a subsidiary sponsorship a 'mere' £1 - £2 million, the best of luck talking Andy Y & Warners into that one... 

• RMweb Premium

Look on the bright side Andy - back to the good old days of F1 cars painted in national colours (with occasional team embellishment such as BRM's orange nose) with their appearance unsullied by adverts for anything from drinks to condoms and various entertainments in between those two.

I'm surprised that McHonda wasn't sponsored by a condom manufacturer.

I wonder how many times the drivers issued the immortal words "It's f***ed again"?

Cheers,

Mick

Archived