The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2015 - Place your bets!

Oldddudders

It is time some of the financial inequalities were sorted out, especially those that favour the whingers at Ferrari. An equal amount of start money for each team/car that starts each GP and prize money as well as a "finish" payment based on laps completed.

The Concorde Agreement also needs revisiting as it is no longer relevant to today's F1. No individual team should have the right to veto a proposal.  Doing away with it might make them pull together to improve the sport rather than just look after their own interests.

A level playing field for all teams, a bonus for each lap lead, a second bonus for qualifing position would be nice but Mr E wouldnt agree, he has to keep let that certain Italian team get there way.

Would it be that bad if they fid take there bat and ball home, more room for others and more equality?

In some circles it is said Ferrari are looking seriously at WEC, but whether it will be badged as such. In my opinion more likely to be Lancia or Alfa Romeo. With Mazda looking at WEC options and Peugeot and BMW also rumoured to be looking, it could be where manufacturers go instead of F1.

In some circles it is said Ferrari are looking seriously at WEC, but whether it will be badged as such. In my opinion more likely to be Lancia or Alfa Romeo. With Mazda looking at WEC options and Peugeot and BMW also rumoured to be looking, it could be where manufacturers go instead of F1.

However, as they did before, the FIA might decide to change the WEC rules so that the cars are effectively F1 cars with bodywork running sprint races. Think it can't happen? Look at what happened to kill GpC and effectively (temporarily) kill prototype sportscars in 1992/93 when the FIA wanted more manufacturers in F1 so changed the WEC engine rules to be effectively the same as the F1 rules. And then go back to 1972 and see the same sort of thing, when the big displacement cars were banned and the Ferrari 312PB (effectively the Ferrari F1 engine in sportscar bodywork) dominating until they (and Alfa and Matra) got bored.

Adrian

Please don't quote me on it, but I remember somewhere in the last year while watching one of the WEC races the commentators speculated about a Ferrari return to the front of Endurance Racing, to which the red boys replied that Ferrari will only participate in either WEC or F1, but not both. And that F1 was going downhill.

Channel 4 have been known to throw money at things in the past, perhaps they could draw some of the better bits of the sky team (Brundle, Kravitz) away and teamed up with DC, EJ, Lee McKenzie and Allan McNish create an A team of presenters? Get the boys from The Last Leg to present the extras?

Jo

Latest news,

C4 have signed Suzi Perry.

I wish.

Cheers,

Mick

I read the top line and thought GREAT.

THEN I SCROLLED DOWN

YOU BAS**** hahhahahaha :nono:

Now I cant get back to sleep. :O

• RMweb Gold

When BBC lost racing to C4 I thought.."oh no"...but their coverage has proved to be every bit as good as the Beeb.

One can only hope that they'll do the same for F1. It's hardly surprising that the BBC has given up its rights with that ****wit in charge of 'sports' who memorably said about the Beeb losing all live coverage..."It's a good deal for viewers"... :rolleyes:

Lets hope that Suzi, D.C. et al jump ship.

Official C4 Update

John Mccririck will take the Reins.
post-9335-0-43094100-1450774578.jpg

Geoff Capes will be the Anchor Man.
post-9335-0-68276800-1450774634_thumb.jpg

Frank Spencer will do the Grid Walks.
post-9335-0-40743200-1450774671_thumb.jpg

And Stanley Unwin will be your Commentator

:yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  

Archived