The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2015 - Place your bets!

Oldddudders

Just Brundles co-commentator who really thinks he is watching a horse race needs to go.  

I don't get that comment. I think Croft is good, and a proper counterfoil to Brundle, who is a tad cynical (who can forget his comment 'ran out of talent, just when he needed it most')?

I don't mind the sky coverage but resent how much it costs as you have to have all the sport which I don't want.

If you could pay for just f1 then it would be great.

Or pay to view individual races as I'm not always about every sunday even better.

I don't mind the sky coverage but resent how much it costs as you have to have all the sport which I don't want.

If you could pay for just f1 then it would be great.

Or pay to view individual races as I'm not always about every sunday even better.

Now TV does a sky f1 weekend pass. I looked at it once, saw the price and thought "yeah right". Utter rip off

Jo

That's great if you have sky but is no help at all if you are a Virgin customer. We've not long since had the "Great news" that our prices went up to pay for the BT football channel which I will never watch as I have zero interest in it.

No way I'm paying for a sky sports package for 20 races a year. Same goes for the Now TV stuff.

BBC is losing more and more events to higher bidders. Next to go is the open in a couple of years. What is going to be left soon? Olympics every 4 years and Wimbledon (for now). Everything else will be pay per view. At least the BBCwill be on budget, there will be all left!

• RMweb Gold

All this debate aside, I do hope that next season will be more interesting (for me) than this year's one, i.e, more racing and overtaking and less 'processional' stuff. Unfortunately t'was ever thus with some of those boring new 'money' circuits.

At least they have agreed to run the races without ads. Unlike the last time it was on commercial tv when put them during the race which was intensely irritating.

As for the Poison Dwarf all he cares about is money and power. It's a shame he has to do it in F1.

steve

• RMweb Premium

Come on Ian, start the 2016 thread, you know you want to.

Ed

Maybe we should have a race at 00.00 on 1/1/16 to see who can press the "post" button fastest? Anyone pressing before midnight receives a 5 grid position start penalty for next year.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 months later...

Aft'noon all,

I'm trying hard not to be bored into submission already by 2016 style qualifying and who is Steve Jones fatigue....I thought that Formula 1 was about loud, ex driver commentating, fast & wheel to wheel.....not politics, advertising and blah, blah....zzzzzzz!

Dave 

Archived