Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Mid-Cornwall Lines - 1950s Western Region in 00

St Enodoc

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

If I tried putting 'Lolly' sticks upright on my layout, they wouldn't last 10 minutes.  

manna

That’s ‘cos those are special GWR lolly sticks.

Paul.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
On 12/11/2022 at 13:01, The Stationmaster said:

How could you forget the Lambs Navy Rum girl - Caroline Munro?  Now gracing our tv screens every Friday evening presenting the horror films on the Talking Pictures tv channel

http://markwestwriter.blogspot.com/2019/01/happy-birthday-caroline-munro.html

A tot of rum……..

0332FEE3-21AC-47F9-8F12-2D91D21449AC.jpeg

0C625CDF-95F1-42A7-87B5-C1339C274C21.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 1

On 13/11/2022 at 17:14, St Enodoc said:

Here's the problem. When I laid the storage loops a few years ago, I planted the bamboo cocktail sticks to show where the fouling points are and also stuck labels on the track as well.

Ah! There's one job at least I'm spared 😎.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I think that was Cinzano, featuring Joan Collins.

https://www.adbrands.net/classics/classics-cinzano.htm

You're right of course, my mistake.  But that has led me down the twists and turns of youtube to another classic (sorry for the thread drift!)

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

"Inter-City makes the going easy". In 1969 I was invited to photograph a young, miniskirted married lady, whose knickers had a double-arrow symbol and that slogan. I later discovered that hubby, a signalman, wasn't paying her much 'attention', but I was never in the frame to assist....

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

No layout work today, for a change. Instead, Veronica and I had a very nice lunch in the City, after which we went for a walk (two walks, actually) to look at some jacarandas. These came into bloom about three weeks late this year, because of the cold and very wet start to spring.

. . .

Here is Sydney Town Hall, with the Sydney Light Rail tracks in the foreground. These are catenary-free from here to Circular Quay, using the Alstom in-ground APS power supply system.

Very pretty and a good reason to visit Sydney in November.  Would be a bit of a b*mmer to have had to return to U.K. this year before they came out!

I don’t remember light rail from my 2015 visit: is it new?

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1