NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Question: do you scribe the Das whilst still soft, when semi set or when fully dry?

Morning Stu,

I scribe the DAS when dry. Much easier and avoids any 'tearing' as you go. I find you can also work individual stones better. I also prime it before scribing as it makes it easier to see what you are scribing as the colour of the DAS shows as you scribe.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not a great deal going on here abouts.

I have not really resumed since my return from hols. Just not felt like doing any modelling. There are changes afoot in work since I came back and subject to how it all pans out this may or may not have an effect on time available for modelling and in fact my whole approach to the subject.

This has already led me to withdraw from the Swansea exhibition in early October which understandably led the organiser to refer to as 'disappointing' and Sheep Lane was quite rightly removed from the list of layouts appearing yesterday.

Not an easy decision to make and I apologise if there were anybody popping along to catch up with myself and Sheep Lane.

Mutton will be appearing at the Cardiff show on the 20th/21st October and Bleat should be at the Small Cardiff show in January.

That's about it really. For now at least, I do not anticipate doing much in the way of updates and if this is to be for a long period I may ask for the thread to be locked pretty much as Spams did with Pencarrow.

TTFN.

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Not a great deal going on here abouts.

I have not really resumed since my return from hols. Just not felt like doing any modelling. There are changes afoot in work since I came back and subject to how it all pans out this may or may not have an effect on time available for modelling and in fact my whole approach to the subject.

This has already led me to withdraw from the Swansea exhibition in early October which understandably led the organiser to refer to as 'disappointing' and Sheep Lane was quite rightly removed from the list of layouts appearing yesterday.

Not an easy decision to make and I apologise if there were anybody popping along to catch up with myself and Sheep Lane.

Mutton will be appearing at the Cardiff show on the 20th/21st October and Bleat should be at the Small Cardiff show in January.

That's about it really. For now at least, I do not anticipate doing much in the way of updates and if this is to be for a long period I may ask for the thread to be locked pretty much as Spams did with Pencarrow.

TTFN.

Rob.

Good luck Rob, hope everything sorts itself out.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Like the others have said life throws spanner’s in the works and can cause upsets. One thing I’ve always learnt in life is your modelling mojo will return and modelling gives an escape from the trials and tribulations of life.

Your projects have been great to follow and have shown fellow modellers what an high standard you can achieve in a small space.

All the best Rob and hope things work out.

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Like the others have said life throws spanner’s in the works and can cause upsets. One thing I’ve always learnt in life is your modelling mojo will return and modelling gives an escape from the trials and tribulations of life.

Your projects have been great to follow and have shown fellow modellers what an high standard you can achieve in a small space.

All the best Rob and hope things work out.

Cheers,

Mark

Handsomely said.

This has already led me to withdraw from the Swansea exhibition in early October

That is indeed a shame Rob as it was the main thing I wanted to see.... never mind, life happens, and I hope things turn out OK for you.

ATB

Keith

Hope all's ok Rob, look forward to seeing you return when you're ready. Hope it's not too long as I'll probably need some advice on using a Lack shelf as a baseboard, got 2 of em' now!  ;)

Take care rob.

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Sounds serious!  Keep in touch, mate, and watch the stress levels; we'll miss our daily ovine fix and hope to see you back in the modelling chair soon.  You have been, I do not exaggerate, an inspiration to me, proof that the right approach can make 00 RTR look as good as finescale and that you do not need massive baseboards, complex wiring and control systems, or huge amounts of time and money to make good model railways.  

Good luck with whatever it is!

Try to have something manageable on the go even if it is just sat on the workbench ready to go. Then, when the mojo does return there is something achievable to do with whatever time you have available.

I often struggle for time and do a lot of my modelling in small bits of time usually  later in the evening. This afternoon I have formed some loops for S&W couplings using the Bill Bedford jig ,took about 20 minutes. Then, if I get some time this week I can solder a few together even if I only have 10-15 minutes. Next job will be to convert some more wagons to EM but I only tackle around 3-4 at a time, it is all about achievable progress. I expect converting the wagons to take around two weeks.

Blimey you can tell I'm a teacher!

Best wishes

Martyn

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I am quite taken aback with it all. I have this evening advised that I will be withdrawing from the Cheltenham show at the end of October this year. Again a very reluctant decision but a necessary one at this time. Mike was very understanding and has pencilled me in for his October show in 2020 which shouldn't be a problem.

Things will still proceed but at a slower rate. By the time Bleat is exhibited, I will have built three layouts in three years and anything after this was always going to be at a more molluscesque footing ( foot?!)

There is also a possible change to O gauge and to Western Region but that said, there are still unfinished projects in OO so I am not totally selling out just yet.

Thank you once again for your interest and support.

Let's see how things pan out over the coming months.

Kindest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

There is also a possible change to O gauge and to Western Region but that said, there are still unfinished projects in OO so I am not totally selling out just yet.

All in favour, say “BAAAAAA”

post-26540-0-64852100-1536525255.jpeg

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...