RMweb

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

The shutters are down at Chateau Sheep as we become increasingly Christmas like. 

I popped out early this morning and was back equally early having grabbed what was needed  in double quick time. The roads, as well as the shops were refreshingly quiet. 

Little has followed on from that though the traditional Czech biscuits, as built by the Memsahib are out as are the mince pies and port. 

Therefore we quietly drift towards the arrival of Santa and all that he brings...

Ho ho ho. 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 20/12/2022 at 19:56, NHY 581 said:

Evening all.......

Ahem, for the avoidance of all, palpable doubt....I should clarify that it is these that is wot the leftie desert boot wearing, anti-sheep, kowtowing ladder climbing at all costs, boot licking, fore lock tugging lap dog has discontinued.  

31ryhzrphWL._AC_.jpg.50a12a5f569d51878a7047b36fdb6b97.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, all other LACK stuff, floating or otherwise, is tickety boo. 

Disgusted of Cardiff. 

They do however have a media bench. I found this because after meeting you at the Taunton show and admiring your work I went on the Ikea site. Oooopps!  You get 2 x 4ft x 14 inch boards.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lack-tv-bench-white-30498890/

• Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
On 21/12/2022 at 14:22, AdeMoore said:

Oh dear! Had an email drop this morning.

my wallet is fearing the worst! Is yours wending it’s way to South Wales yet Rob?

A340EF52-6555-4153-943A-941449AFEFDF.jpeg.7a948ef1e615d836b94bde65c91ae003.jpeg

One of those open cabbed versions would make an interesting 5" gauge model for Exhill… Damn! you Bachmann

There is an expected house move on the horizon so Exhill in its current form may change...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 24/12/2022 at 17:15, mullie said:

Happy Christmas Rob, enjoy the port!

Martyn

Morning Martyn, 

The port was sampled and was found to be in order. Nothing excessive but a modest glass was a good accompaniment to an initial flick through of James Hilton's "Small Layout Design Handbook " which Santa thoughtfully left behind. 

I suspect more port will be accessed today........either that or a glass or two of 19 Crimes, graciously reduced by Mr Sainsbury pre-Christmas. 

There's also a considerable amount of hefty French beer tucked away. A case or three of 3 Monts lurks which, despite it's 8.3% is dangerously drinkable. 

With the arrival of No 1 son later this morning, we could see the duty pint glass coming to the fore. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Martyn, 

The port was sampled and was found to be in order. Nothing excessive but a modest glass was a good accompaniment to an initial flick through of James Hilton's "Small Layout Design Handbook " which Santa thoughtfully left behind. 

I suspect more port will be accessed today........either that or a glass or two of 19 Crimes, graciously reduced by Mr Sainsbury pre-Christmas. 

There's also a considerable amount of hefty French beer tucked away. A case or three of 3 Monts lurks which, despite it's 8.3% is dangerously drinkable. 

With the arrival of No 1 son later this morning, we could see the duty pint glass coming to the fore. 

Rob

Hope you passed the port the correct way even if you were only going to your glass,  one does need to uphold standards  

The only port round here has ships in it!

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, mullie said:

The only port round here has ships in it!

Good Lord sir , do you mean the lunch on Christmas Day and Boxing Day did not end with Cheese and Port !!!

Disgraceful 😀😀😀

and a Happy Christmas to all that are members of young Rob's flock

Dave

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately dietary restrictions now in force mean that further supplies of bottled beer are unlikely to pass through the portals of Kernow Towers for the forseeable future. One last bottle from the excellent Ivybridge Brewing Co had been lurking in the back of the loco shed for many months and I decided to push the boat out and have it with my Christmas lunch. Unfortunately upon opening, a significant proportion of the contents erupted out onto the kitchen counter top and I then found that what remained tasted distinctly odd, so it was reluctantly poured down the drain!

An emergency bottle of red wine was lurking even further back in the shed and this was hurriedly brought out and pressed into service instead.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thought so.

One of those Kerr Stuarts would make a nice model.

That would be most tempting, as would a Rocket by Bagnall rather than Stephenson.

FullSizeRender-784358.jpg.1f77bcc9e6c5b9927d2101ff8a63a11b.jpg

James Hilton 

Edited by MrWolf
Pitcher credit
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Lovely - a Shropshire scene, perhaps?

I scratchbuilt a model of one of these, on a Minitrix(?) chassis, many a year ago.

The Campbelltown & Machrihanish Lt. Rly. had one, I believe - 'Princess'?

CJI.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

post-8525-0-23812200-1428655015_thumb.jpg

Just to add to the earlier baseboard discussion and to say there are some advantages to making your own. Here there are three levels  top is the yard middle the main line descending and bottom the river. The curved edge goes into the corner of the room and had a scenic profile added.

I had thought the picture had disappeared but it seems to have been restored.

Don

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2