NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

I do hope I find you all well and managing to stay warm. 

Well, it's been an interesting year, all told. As I tick off my first year as a semi-retired pensioner, I find myself thinking of friends now no longer with us and in particular Grahame Hitchen ( Bgman) whose lively contributions to this thread and the offline conversations are so very much missed. Most recently we lost Chris Foren who whilst not of the thread was always good value to bump into at shows and in the early days of the thread offered much encouragement. 

And of course, we remember Iain Rice whose writing shaped pretty much everything about the way I build my train sets. 

That said, Ewe finally came to fruition and seems to have  been well received both at the couple of shows it has attended and in BRM. Next year will see it out and about, along with Bleat and Sheep Dip. 

The work continues with preparations for SWAG whilst I may well be doing some work closer to home, starting early next year. 

Layoutwise, I continue to map out the pre-grouping adventure that will be Lambsdown and we may see a small, self contained little project emerging in due course which is in a scale new to me.........and no, it's not TT. 

However, for now it simply remains to wish you all the very best of compliments of the season and please accept my heartfelt thanks for all your contributions over the last year. You make this thread what it is, for which I'm truly grateful. 

Best wishes, Rob. 

1671204054765-02.jpeg.3daf976e93a97c47683bb81c632cd21d.jpeg

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you and yours mate. 

It’s looking increasingly likely I’ll be spending Xmas attempting that Dock tank I bought off you - I’ll be documenting it over on my Middleton Top thread. Any constructive criticism welcome as loco building is a new thing for me. 

Jay

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you and yours mate. 

It’s looking increasingly likely I’ll be spending Xmas attempting that Dock tank I bought off you - I’ll be documenting it over on my Middleton Top thread. Any constructive criticism welcome as loco building is a new thing for me. 

Jay

Thanks Jay. I'm the last one to put forward any thoughts on kit building but I shall watch with great interest as it comes to fruition. A favourite loco of mine but I shall stick with my RTR based shenanigans. 

The little chap's now in a very capable pair of hands.........

Rob. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Well, it's been an interesting year, all told. As I tick off my first year as a semi-retired pensioner, I find myself thinking of friends now no longer with us and in particular Grahame Hitchen ( Bgman) whose lively contributions to this thread and our offline conversations are so very much missed. Most recently we lost Chris Foren who whilst not of the thread was always good value to bump into at shows and in the early days of the thread offered much encouragement. 

And of course, we remember Iain Rice whose writing shaped pretty much everything about the way I build my train sets. 

And on that note, Ewe finally came to fruition and seems to have  been well received both at the couple of shows it has attended and in BRM. Next year will see it out and about, along with Bleat and Sheep Dip. 

The work continues with preparations for SWAG whilst I may well be doing some work closer to home, starting early next year. 

Layoutwise, I continue to map out the pre-grouping adventure that will be Lambsdown and we may see a small, self contained little project emerging in due course which is in a scale new to me.........and no, it's not TT. 

However, for now it simply remains to wish you all the very best compliments for the season and please accept my heartfelt thanks for all your contributions over the last year. You make this thread what it is, something  for which I'm truly grateful. 

Best wishes, Rob. 

Well said SheepBloke. Been a testing year in parts at SpamTowers and far too many notable folk lost to the great exhibition in the sky. Hoping to catch up with folk again at Taunton members day and a happy modelling balance in 2023 (Jan - Apr was manic modelling, May onwards nowt).

Have a great Xmas folks.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Well, it's been an interesting year, all told. As I tick off my first year as a semi-retired pensioner, I find myself thinking of friends now no longer with us and in particular Grahame Hitchen ( Bgman) whose lively contributions to this thread and our offline conversations are so very much missed. Most recently we lost Chris Foren who whilst not of the thread was always good value to bump into at shows and in the early days of the thread offered much encouragement. 

And on that note, Ewe finally came to fruition and seems to have  been well received both at the couple of shows it has attended and in BRM. Next year will see it out and about, along with Bleat and Sheep Dip. 

However, for now it simply remains to wish you all the very best compliments for the season and please accept my heartfelt thanks for all your contributions over the last year. You make this thread what it is, something  for which I'm truly grateful. 

Best wishes, Rob. 

Congratulations on your first year. As you know I made big changes to my working life this year too and so far no regrets.

Have a great Christmas and see you at SWAG.

Martyn

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas Rob and all those many followers, from this mainly back bench follower.

Thanks also for your time at the couple of shows where I’ve admired your work.

All the best for 2023 looking forward to Lambsdown.

Cheers

Ade

• Like 1

The day you wake up and realise that you have retired is a wonderful moment  railway modelling can be carried out in daylight now ,holidays can be taken when you want to ,all in all its the best time and worth waiting for. I retired fourteen years ago and have done more than I thought possible and have rebuilt my layout three times and am thinking about number four so if you get the chance to be free from work do it !

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Best wishes, Rob. 

Thanks Rob and the very same to ewe and ewers (?).

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

thanks for the Seasons Greetings and for all the good things that have appeared from your “Room of Doom” over the past year. Your work is the  standard I aim to try to achieve and fail miserably at.  Note to self: Must do better in future.

So Wishing you and yours all a Very Merry Christmas and a better 2023. 

Best wishes

John

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

A most Cordial and Commodious Christmas from all at Kernow Towers.

I can neither confirm or deny the ability to be cordial and commodious during this season of Bah Humbug. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Many thanks for the reciprocal felicitations. Most kind. 

Well, quite the day. Collected a newly announced little something which will set one off on a new modelling adventure........

No, not at the expense of the aforesaid SE&CR  project.........but something entirely different. 

But we will have to wait until Santa's popped in to formerly announce things. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Reciprocal felicitations to one and all.

Joyous end of year wishes

🎅🤶 and a 🧙‍♀️for any Pagans.

Soon be the Solstice and a New Year begins. Seasons greetings to all.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1