Although firmly in Swindon's fold, thanks to early exposure to Friary's complement of Southern locos, they made a firm impression on me at an early age. Everything from B4s and M7s to Ns, Us and T9s to the later West Countries. Even 756/7 and 758! Your T9 and 0-6-0 look great.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Norman was incredibly lucky seeing the T9, quite an uncommon sight on goods work. The 700s were far more suited to stopping and starting naughty trucks. Perhaps he should also listen out for rumours about an N Class wandering by?

No problem with the MN or WC in a goods yard though, everyone knows they were mixed traffic engines...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This morning, Norman Lockhart dropped his sandwich.

A telephone call last night suggested that he might want to be at Sheep Lane for 7am this morning.kHe jumped into Roger the Austin and made himself comfortable.

Then in mid bite arrived an ex-LB&SCR E4......where on earth!!?

Fortunately Norman regained his senses and we have these images......

post-14122-0-52931600-1462862043_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-90799200-1462862072_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-93882900-1462862093_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-76039000-1462862118_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-58460900-1462862135_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting concerned about the number of locomotives that are appearing at Sheep's Dip. I suspect another case of locoholism and that is worrying, but not as worrying as it would be if they were from that other region nearby.

G.W. Churchyard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting concerned about the number of locomotives that are appearing at Sheep's Dip. I suspect another case of locoholism and that is worrying, but not as worrying as it would be if they were from that other region nearby.

G.W. Churchyard.

Rest assured Von Ducky Pants there will be none of those North Eastern engines.....

I'm a locoholic and I need help.......

You are amongst friends, Neil. However let's not venture onto the hard stuff you know what I mean.......What we don't want is anything in apple green or garter blue........Any of that an' yer on the book.....

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rest assured Von Ducky Pants there will be none of those North Eastern engines.....

You are amongst friends, Neil. However let's not venture onto the hard stuff you know what I mean.......What we don't want is anything in apple green or garter blue........Any of that an' yer on the book.....

Rob.

How very refreshing and commodious of you, Dear Heart.

What are these strange machines with 'LNER' on the tender, anyway? Someone once told me that they run on rhubarb, could that be true?

• RMweb Gold

You will all be pleased to know that no rhubarb were harmed during the presentation of these images from Norman. However, I am reliably informed that a couple of Lyons individual fruit pies were severely mauled.

I thank you.

post-14122-0-83854200-1462946364_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-17862000-1462946429_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-10766300-1462946468_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 6

Seeing as the 'small Cardiff show' is to be repeated in January might it be too much to ask that this little railway might put in an appearance?   Perhaps I should get the presiding brothers to exert a suitable influence if encouragement to volunteer doesn't work?

"The management" have already made contact with a certain Mr Norman Lockhart, and made him an offer he is unable to refuse.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

"The management" have already made contact with a certain Mr Norman Lockhart, and made him an offer he is unable to refuse.

So my espionage network had since informed me - but clearly no longer a need to keep it secret :O 

And for the information of others if you can manage to find the right 'bus stop to get up up Cathedral Road (or you like walking) a visit to this 'small' show is thoroughly recommended (judging by the previous one).

• RMweb Premium

So my espionage network had since informed me - but clearly no longer a need to keep it secret :O 

And for the information of others if you can manage to find the right 'bus stop to get up up Cathedral Road (or you like walking) a visit to this 'small' show is thoroughly recommended (judging by the previous one).

I've looked all around Retford this morning and I can not find that bus stop Mike. 

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Indeed. It appears I am off to my first exhibition as a sole exhibitor aided by my lad.

This show has a lovely feel to it and the catering is a triumph.

I had better get some modelling done and make sure I don't embarrass myself. I have until January to resolve it.

post-14122-0-30867200-1462996188.jpeg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This morning Norman had a lift to Sheep Lane. His good friend Ivo Peterborough stopped by.

They didn't stay long but Norman managed a couple of photos of the morning goods which he had to admit looked a bit scruffy today.

post-14122-0-17009800-1463047485_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-31194300-1463047508_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-69549600-1463047531_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning, Tim.

Austin is fine , he is having a well earned rest whilst Norman is luxuriating in Ivo's Bentley.

Another of Norman's images.

post-14122-0-47848200-1463048461_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Was that the hostelry featured on Mr Merton's Secret Stations the other day?

It most assuredly was.

I can neither confirm nor deny that on one occasion an official party travelled to said establishment for some kind of a 'do' and arranged for a Special Stop Order to get back.

PS. That wasn't me, I just heard about it from others. I wasn't involved at all, I was a long way away, safely tucked in at home, so I was.

And that's the truth, and no mistake there, Guv'nor.