• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

A calm has descended momentarily on Chateau Sheep following nipping to Devon yesterday. 

Nothing much is planned for today. A small matter of a rugger match to tune into later and a few beers to buy ahead of that. 

Some scenic work may also continue on Project X to maintain momentum but this will probably take place tomorrow. 

If nothing else, we may have a running session later to confirm all is well. 

In other news, the attempted acquisition of Dapol/Rails Terriers continues. 

Having returned all three of the original order ( 2x poor running, 1x damaged), two replacements arrived Wednesday. One was deemed okay, the other elicited a high pitched noise when travelling forwards akin to an over excited Cormorant. In reverse, it quietly limped in an exaggerated fashion. 

The third example simply failed to appear. 

A call to Dapol, cleared up all aspects of the above and I await another two replacements, one of which is a replacement for the replacement........

As it stands therefore, we have one good Terrier and four naughty ones at present......

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

I have two Hornby ones which really CBA to do anything. The pickups are hopelessly inadequate, so they seldom move more than a couple of feet - if at all. A while back I got one running on the rollers for about half an hour, then placed it on the track - nothing. 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Funnily enough, the Memsahib considers the bigger scale more toylike............controversial..............

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Round of applause 1

I must admit that a lot of 7mm scale layouts I have seen have fantastically detailed and accurate locos, stock and track, but the illusion of reality is lost when you look at the scenery and weathering, which appears to be an afterthought ( I know that not everyone is interested in the whole picture and it's their trainset, their rules.) but when it is built in the way many 4mm layouts are, the scene is incredible.

I don't see you having a problem making something that can be confused with the real thing. :good:

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

So this is why you wanted to organise the layouts for SWAG Taunton, to make sure you got enough room.

Maybe...............

• Funny 3

They do like a bit of artistry, do memsahibs.

Add to that, if asked by their friends and work colleagues what you do for a hobby, instead of mumbling into their sleeve: "He collects model trains", they can announce with pride: "He's an artist and creator of historical models."

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Old age catches up with all of us...

Funnily enough, a chum who retired just before me and lives around the corner said exactly that when he stopped for a chat......

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5