Tonbridge West Yard

Lyddrail

Paul

came back through Tonbridge on the train yesterday noticed that the name board with NSE flash along the bottom is still in place but is so faded you can hardly see it I took a couple of photos but you can read the name board.

post-19340-0-63730700-1470211499_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-67805000-1470211504_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-57469000-1470211509_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

You sure you have enough stock?  :onthequiet:

Would have liked to have seen this

I am constantly reminded that over the years I ran less MUs as I introduced freight and departmental trains. It is true, and this year with doing several NSE displays I was surprised how many MUs I have built over the years. I most likely have over twice the number of NSE units that I can fit on the layout, and that does not include blue/grey NSE signed units!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hello all

Thanks Paul for a great weekend.

I can confirm that the facilities in 207002 are great.

Was thinking Jaffa cake livery for the other side but what about connex livery.

Thanks Steve.

Steve,

I have been thinking of painting the rest of the mobile home this summer (including the other half of the NSE side), Jaffa is on the list plus a few other ideas, but not connex.

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Steve,

I have been thinking of painting the rest of the mobile home this summer (including the other half of the NSE side), Jaffa is on the list plus a few other ideas, but not connex.

Cheers.

Hi Paul

Surely it should be British Railways Southern Region Multiple Unit Green  :read:  :yes: :good:

• RMweb Premium

Good call Clive

Missed you at Pauls this year.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Last weekend in July marked as Lyddrail in my work diary. Who booked work for the 3rd weekend in July? :dontknow:  Who then read the dates for this year's Lyddrail?  :scratchhead: Who feels like a right pillock? :sarcastichand:

Might get it right next year. :no: :no:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hi Paul

Surely it should be British Railways Southern Region Multiple Unit Green  :read:  :yes: :good:

Clive,

I hadn't thought of green, that will go on the list.

Thanks.

You were mentioned several times over the weekend, some in a good way!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Paul

The CD with photos on arrived thanks very much they will be very useful.

We were at the National Railway Museum at the weekend and spotted this sign.

Actually my other half spotted it, she made reference to me going to Lydd the other week.

post-19340-0-56617500-1470778162_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Railex has come and gone.

Had a few issues with the layout, only significant one was a point blade break on the point into the Jubilee making it out of use for the weekend.

Extra NSE units were running due to the 30th anniversary.

There was much to see on site in the various sheds and facilities. Took pics of the JCB that loaded coal in the steam engines and a nice civils crane.

JCB below.

post-1373-0-90245600-1471447801.jpg

Crane in siding.

post-1373-0-46216500-1471447816.jpg

Last show of the year for TWY is Broadstairs on 26th & 27th November.

Cheers.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

The Winter exhibition season is apon us, I have started to put the layout up at home to carry out some repairs and testing.

The next show is a local one for me at Broadstairs on 26th & 27th November.

Started the repairs by replacing a broken point in the fiddle yard (the one above the blue arrow) and removed the defective Jubilee catch point. Got to buy a new point to completed that repair.

Pictures below.

post-1373-0-87067400-1477944349_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-56393000-1477944366_thumb.jpg

Got to test the signal supply and the semaphore signal next after putting the rest of the layout up.

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

All repairs have been completed, just to take down layout and carry out maintenance tasks while doing so.

A Lima 73005 Mid Hants Railway in NSE blue is almost finished.

You can see the layout at Broadstairs show 26th & 27th November, 10am to 5pm Sat & 10am to 4pm Sun, at St Georges School, Westwood Road, Broadstairs, Kent, CT102LH.

Cheers.

• Like 1

All repairs have been completed, just to take down layout and carry out maintenance tasks while doing so.

A Lima 73005 Mid Hants Railway in NSE blue is almost finished.

You can see the layout at Broadstairs show 26th & 27th November, 10am to 5pm Sat & 10am to 4pm Sun, at St Georges School, Westwood Road, Broadstairs, Kent, CT102LH.

Cheers.

Just home from the above show.

First time seeing this, not able to get to other shows where Paul has displayed the layout, most impressed,

with the amount of stock and operation's.

A lot going on.

No cameras with me today,just the mobile phone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Always nice to see a few pics of the layout, it's looking great. 73005 is looking good too.

Pic below shows 73005 on an Eastleigh to Marchwood MOD train.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter. I was pleased with 73005, this done leaves 73136 Kent Youth Music the last 73 in NSE livery to complete.

I already had that photo from the internet in the past.

Cheers.